Author Topic: Tulsa - Tokyo in Tulsa - Halo3 4v4 Charity Event - June 18-20  (Read 15055 times)

Offline DrViper

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Check Please
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
This thread is dedicated specifically to the 4v4 charity event going down.  We are trying to get as many of the slots filled up at this tournament, we want a really good turnout.  So pleaaaaaaase tell everyone you know that lives remotely close to Oklahoma.  SPAM your xbox live friends list about it.  Post your team in here or post if your looking for a team.

About the event: (taken from TnT website)

Prizes

4 Dell 20″ monitors, and 4 Vibras FIVE.ONE headsets!!

The 4 Dell 20″ monitors are to spec with MLG standards for refresh, connections, etc – a big thanks to Best Buy of Tulsa on 71st for helping out with those!  And also thanks to Vibras FIVE.ONE headsets – the only headset to be Microsoft Certified for the Xbox 360 console, and is providing 4 headsets for this charity!

…does the best?  That’s right – you don’t even have to beat the Oklahomies, you’re simply competing against the other 17 to 19 slots who play.  Who ever does the best – wins FOUR Monitors and FOUR headsets!  We currently have 18 slots available for teams to sign up to play in – if we fill the slots, we’ll expand to 20 slots.  Each slot is less than an hour, and yes, teams can sign up for multiple slots.

For the non anime fans wanting to attend,  this happens during Tokyo in Tulsa, as part of their Charity series.  As a result, you either have to A – have an event pass, or B purchase a one day gamer pass.  (YES – that’s how awesome Tokyo in Tulsa is – they even have Gamer passes!!)  If you plan on taking multiple attempts at the competition on several days, we’d suggest going and pre-registering quickly for a normal 3 day convention pass, details on the home page.

Rules:

Your team plays 3 games guaranteed in each time slot.  Slayer, CTF – aka Capture the Flag, Slayer.  Your team gets to pick two games out of the MLG v8 gametypes (other then oddball or KOTH) to play, and the Oklahomies get to pick the 3rd game.  You can pick both slayers, or a slayer and a CTF, its up to your team.

MLG rules are the standard for Halo tournaments – you can download maptypes here – http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/fileshare.aspx?player=mlg%20gametypes

Your Team Wins if based on:

1.  Whoever beats the Oklahomies in the most amount of games in a single series.
2.  If two teams each beat the Oklahomies in one game, and one team beat the Oklahomies in CTF and the other Slayer, the team who won CTF wins over Slayer.
a.  Same if two teams beat the Oklahomies in two games.  Team A won slayer, slayer. Team B won slayer, ctf.   Team B wins.
b.  If two teams each beat the Oklahomies in slayers, the team that wins by the most kills wins.3.  If two teams each beat the Oklahomies in a CTF game, we add up the scores of both of the other slayer games, and the team who had the most kills in the two slayer games wins.
a.  If somehow those are equal, make the two teams play each other on Sunday in a single game to be determined.
4.  If a team ties with the Oklahomies, it will be weighed as more then a loss, but not equal to a win. It will not be replayed, points counted as they are.
5.  If no one beats the Oklahomies in any game, we go by who comes the closest to beating them and say who does the best OVERALL over all three games. Using this formula:
a. We weight each game to a % of possible points.

Team A:   Slayer puts up 30 kills, CTF scored 2 out of 5 caps, and then 34 kills
would result in  60%           ,    40%                           , 68%                Total = 168%

Team B             20 kills              ,   2 out of 3 caps               , 42 kills
would result in   40%          ,   66.6%                            , 84%                Total = 190.6%
Team B has a higher % therefor is the winner.
b. If two teams have the same % make them play each other on Sunday in one final game to be determined. *TEAMS MUST MAKE THEMSELVES AVAILABLE FOR THIS SUNDAY IN THIS EVENT.*
6.  Same system would be used if more than one team wins all 3 games, to determine who won the best.

Sorry for the massive detail – we wanted to assure you – every angle is covered!

Prizes to be awarded at Closing Ceremonies at 5pm on Sunday.  If your team is not present you will need to contact OKgamers to claim prizes.  Prizes not claimed after 7 days will go to the next team.

Time Slots:

SLOTS ARE FIRST COME FIRST SERVED – while the Oklahomies have been kind enough to offer expanding to 20, after the 20 are filled, that’s it!!

SIGN UP FOR SLOTS AT THE CONVENTION – Tokyo in Tulsa 2010 opens 2pm Friday June 18th at the Downtown Doubletree, we’ll see you after that!

Friday:
6:00pm -
7:00pm -
9:00pm -
10:00pm -
11:00pm -

Saturday:
11:00am -
12:00pm -
2:00pm -
3:00pm -
4:00pm -
7:00pm
8:00pm -
9:00pm -
10:00pm -

Sunday:
11:00am -
12:00pm -
2:00pm -
3:00pm -

Offline Twitch73

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Tulsa - Tokyo in Tulsa - Halo3 4v4 Charity Event - June 18-20
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 12:06:52 pm »
Hey everyone I know I dont really know anyone on this site and i dont post very often but I am going to try and be at this thing all weekend stalking DrViper and crew. Although I dont have a team I would still like to play. I got carried to like a 100,000 Combine points so you know i'm good. If you need me ill be wearing an I <3 Viper shirt and I'll probably try to stay behind them so It looks like im with them while they are playing, maybe even coaching....OMG that would be amazing <3 <3 <3 <3

LATER!!!!!
"Best Poster in Oklahoma"

Offline Wally

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • GT is Wah Wah Wally
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 07:17:07 pm »
Wally
Sheezy
Lefty
Open slot lol
I have Saturday off for this tournament, so please schedule me on that day. Thanks!

Offline Twitch73

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 09:46:02 pm »
Wally
Sheezy
Lefty
Open slot lol
I have Saturday off for this tournament, so please schedule me on that day. Thanks!
I'll be there  ;)

Offline 2AMPd

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: AMP zyx
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 10:56:32 pm »
The Oklahomies won't drop a single game Friday and Saturday. So everyone's best bet is to show up Sunday.

www.twitter.com.com/OK_Updates

I'mma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony

Offline Wally

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • GT is Wah Wah Wally
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 05:39:41 pm »
Wally
Sheezy
Lefty
Open slot lol
I'll be there  ;)
Would you like to run games with us Twitchy poo :)

Offline Twitch73

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 06:29:07 pm »
Wally
Sheezy
Lefty
Open slot lol
I'll be there  ;)
Would you like to run games with us Twitchy poo :)
Of course I do

Offline NiGhTMaRe

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Road to Pro
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: vVv VoIume
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 09:21:22 pm »
Me and Lumberjack need 2, anybody who is looking for 2 msg me on live

XBL - Aztec ok
vVv Volume
Check out www.vVv-Gaming.com !

Offline xXElmo

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 05:13:00 am »
no ride :(
Elmooo

Offline DrViper

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Check Please
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 02:30:31 pm »

believe it or not I remember that

Offline indian

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 06:08:28 pm »
looking to go to this but need team
XBL- a indian outlaw

Offline xXElmo

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 03:59:04 am »

believe it or not I remember that
You asked me if I was going pretty close to 10 times lol
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 08:26:41 am by xXElmo »
Elmooo

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010, 03:49:05 pm »
Dr Viper I might need you guys to come and pick up the equipment from me tomorrow before you leave. My wife is not getting off work till 4:00 friday.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Chaddddddddd

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 09:36:38 pm »
F/A for this. Message me if you want the big bad GingerBread man on your team. Oh and if you want to win.

Offline Twitch73

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 10:47:40 pm »
F/A for this. Message me if you want the big bad GingerBread man on your team. Oh and if you want to win.
To2 actually...