Author Topic: Youtube - Videos - Streams  (Read 11424 times)

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
Youtube - Videos - Streams
« on: October 04, 2011, 04:53:30 pm »
Add a section where gamers can post videos of them playing. Also links to OKgamers events streamed etc.

Also we need a section for PC Gamers. Thank you :P
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
Re: Youtube - Videos - Streams
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 12:42:24 am »

There will be a OKgamers Videos / Photos section in the new version of the site...  Is OKgamers streaming events?  :)  I need me some help / hookups / volunteers / something to see that happen more frequently.  At this point my plan was to start using flipcams if nothing else to capture finals.

PC Gamers - there's a handful of threads in the Local Competition General forum - if they are not over flowing that general forum, do we really have enough interest to warrant it you think?  Don't get me wrong, it's a topic I'll be asking at the next OKg meeting, but still - you really think we are getting enough PC gamers attentions for it?

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 12:44:18 pm »

There will be a OKgamers Videos / Photos section in the new version of the site...  Is OKgamers streaming events?  :)  I need me some help / hookups / volunteers / something to see that happen more frequently.  At this point my plan was to start using flipcams if nothing else to capture finals.

PC Gamers - there's a handful of threads in the Local Competition General forum - if they are not over flowing that general forum, do we really have enough interest to warrant it you think?  Don't get me wrong, it's a topic I'll be asking at the next OKg meeting, but still - you really think we are getting enough PC gamers attentions for it?

X A

I'm good with helping question is will fighters be willing to let there grand finals be captured? Ill bring my pc that I'm going to stream with to events but does it cause LAG? I highly doubt it because I see other communities streaming all the time. I just want confirmation.
HxC LAN Center

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 03:15:33 am »

Video Streaming - I'll gladly point out that OKg is behind where I'd like it to be.

We need someone that is knowledgeable about Streaming PERIOD - to update me on software / techniques / etc.
We need solid video coverage of every promotional event, if not expanded to popular events posted on OKg as well.
We need solid video editing / finishing to get that stuff up and long term options on Youtube, etc.
We need to review options on "hosted" or no...

Some of the "people" questions will be handled at an upcoming OKgamers meeting.

As for the help / knowledge / recruiting - we could use help, yes.

You run into anyone - point them to this thread.  I'll be making progress after our OKg meeting as well - because I need to know what the TO's / directors think before I move too seriously.

Aka - your request / thoughts are mirrored - let's work our respective angles and see if anything comes out of it :)

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Cody_Phillips

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: Braumski
  • XBL ID: Braumski
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 01:53:41 am »

X A

I'm good with helping question is will fighters be willing to let there grand finals be captured? Ill bring my pc that I'm going to stream with to events but does it cause LAG? I highly doubt it because I see other communities streaming all the time. I just want confirmation.
Using a capture card to record anything on console does not cause any LAG in gameplay

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 08:05:55 am »

X A

Using a capture card to record anything on console does not cause any LAG in gameplay

Depends on the card...   Both Timmy and I both now have Black Magic Intensity Pro HD Cards.. they are fully passthru, No Latency.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 08:41:13 am »
Sammy I think we can stream/cap with ours just fine with black magic when using HDMI we just need to find a stream that does it to show proof and eliminate doubters.
HxC LAN Center

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 03:04:05 pm »
Sammy I think we can stream/cap with ours just fine with black magic when using HDMI we just need to find a stream that does it to show proof and eliminate doubters.

I Agree.. 

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 04:53:13 pm »

I Agree..

Yea cuz I watch 10 different streamed events through hauppauge and per the logic of gamers there has to be lag through component vs hdmi which should have NONE
HxC LAN Center

Offline Hatchy

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 11:44:20 am »
I stream in pretty good quality with minimal to no lag and my down is 10 and up is .8. I use the Black Magic Pro and stream with Xsplit. If you need help just message me.

Offline iRioX

• Familiar Face
  • Yah Got Domed Kid.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Maker
  • XBL ID: RRyox
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 03:12:23 pm »
Hey hatchy where did you get your blackmagic from?

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 08:44:40 pm »
I suggest everyone get it from amazon. Thats where Fury and myself got it from.
HxC LAN Center

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 02:32:12 pm »

It was about $10 cheaper from Amazon.  And I had a Amazon Prime account so I was able to Overnight it for about 4 bucks.   

Also from Amazon You can get HDMI 1.4a /w Ethernet and 3D Cables for dirt Cheap.  I got 3 50ft Cables for 25 bucks each. They are good Quality too.  I think the 50ft cables will allow for PC's to be a little distance away from the gaming in the event you are Voicecasting with the stream.  Keeps the 3rd Party noise to a Minimum.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 03:01:41 pm »

It was about $10 cheaper from Amazon.  And I had a Amazon Prime account so I was able to Overnight it for about 4 bucks.   

Also from Amazon You can get HDMI 1.4a /w Ethernet and 3D Cables for dirt Cheap.  I got 3 50ft Cables for 25 bucks each. They are good Quality too.  I think the 50ft cables will allow for PC's to be a little distance away from the gaming in the event you are Voicecasting with the stream.  Keeps the 3rd Party noise to a Minimum.

Yelp.. only other place I consider when it comes to HDMI is monoprice.com. Also I actually like xsplit but still not good for console gaming but for pc.. yessir!!!!!!!!
HxC LAN Center

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 02:09:35 am »

Yelp.. only other place I consider when it comes to HDMI is monoprice.com. Also I actually like xsplit but still not good for console gaming but for pc.. yessir!!!!!!!!

LOL Well There are not many Options out there..  and I sure cant afford that $400 Price tag for Wirecast.