Author Topic: OKC - HxC Promo Tourney #3 - 8/30/08 - Halo 3 4v4/FFA - SSBB - GH3  (Read 120481 times)

Offline AfroTastic

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: OKC - HxC Promo Tourney #3 - 8/30/08 - Halo 3 4v4/FFA - SSBB - GH3
« Reply #240 on: August 16, 2008, 12:31:26 am »
I was thinking about going to this tournament but I really can't talk Oklahoma Gaming serious especially when all the tournaments are Halo 3. I used to play with OKC Rage on a team but really how many people have you seen that are from Oklahoma become a professional gamer or a company have a major tournament here I'm not talking that MGC small time lan, I'm talking about the big lans like MLG,WCG,CGS. I've only seen one true pro gamer and that is Coolsvilla that plays on 3D.NY for the CGS. I went to WCG Dallas Regional and I was the only Oklahoma person there competing. MLG don't get me wrong is cool but WCG and CGS are more amazing leagues. MLG picks up games then they drop the prize money WCG and CGS have lots of games and have amazing prize money. I think if you guys truly want to make Oklahoma better gaming place, have a tournament on these games for WCG and whoever wins for these games gets sponsored to go to the Dallas Regional next year.

Here's the games that should be picked (Nobody can register for multiple games)
Halo 3
Guitar Hero 4
Doa4
PGR4

If you guys are thinking well we don't have enough money to pay for these players to go then my point has been proved. I went to Dallas last Sunday and it cost me about $200 but seriously making a lan center is not the smartest idea because notice there's no lan centers in Oklahoma that are still around. I only knew of one and that was Cyber Quest and  they had really bad business but barely were able to pull through for a couple months. Location is key to having a successful lan center, a good location is key for any type of business.

i will admit...mlg is crap compared to cgs(if mlg didnt have halo then it would be dead) but you cant go about by making our future business owners skeptical about having a lan center. Raider is trying to do something different....i dont remember cyberquest having frequent h2 tourneys....coolsvilla isnt the only pro to come from oklahoma...ever heard of StK Sergio? probably not since halo 1 was out while you were still getting breast fed. Primo Sparkz supersmiley......although they werent pros they were the closest we had during h2. now that h3 is out there are a few more people here trying to go "pro." You can complain about how we dont have tourneys for any other game cause the truth is: NO ONE SHOWS UP FOR THE OTHER GAMES!!!!111ONEONEONE  We have one of the most popular games "guitar hero" in a tourney and barely ANYONE SHOWS UP. The only other game people are willing play and travel for in tournaments is Super Smash Brothers. So pick one H3 or Super Smash Bros......If you dont like either then continue to play the other games online, no one is stopping you. But dont come onto the forums discouraging future business owners and aspiring h3 or ssbb "pros". Im sorry you didnt make it to where you wanted but it makes you sound like 4 year old girl that didnt get to watch the newest episode of Teletubbies with your little tantrum. To summarize this post....
QUIT COMPLAINING!!!!!!
Dont forget SmoothOcean!

Nappy is SiK

« Reply #241 on: August 16, 2008, 02:12:26 am »
1st place - Caddy, Nappy, ItsSticKupKiD, Will2ILL  ;)

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #242 on: August 16, 2008, 12:07:44 pm »
After all that said. Everyone doesnt want to be pro. But everyone does want a spot to go to other then Incredible Pizza. LOL anyway we need 6 WIIs at the tournament can anyone bring some? Also the day of the tournament parking is only 2 dollars
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
« Reply #243 on: August 16, 2008, 12:11:38 pm »
After all that said. Everyone doesnt want to be pro. But everyone does want a spot to go to other then Incredible Pizza. LOL anyway we need 6 WIIs at the tournament can anyone bring some? Also the day of the tournament parking is only 2 dollars

Yea I will Bring my Wii if I Can find the composite cables. All I got is the HD Cables.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #244 on: August 16, 2008, 12:14:03 pm »
Hey sammy thanks.. call me when you get a chance bro yesterday I was running late and forgot to call you to come to the cox center to see the tournament setup. They are sending me a program that shows exactly what the tournament will look like I'll show you and the other gamers what it will look like today when I get the post.
Oh yea and we are updating our website.. we havent juiced it up yet because its really not needed we have okgamers oh yea!
HxC LAN Center

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
« Reply #245 on: August 16, 2008, 12:16:54 pm »
Hey sammy thanks.. call me when you get a chance bro yesterday I was running late and forgot to call you to come to the cox center to see the tournament setup. They are sending me a program that shows exactly what the tournament will look like I'll show you and the other gamers what it will look like today when I get the post.
Oh yea and we are updating our website.. we havent juiced it up yet because its really not needed we have okgamers oh yea!

Ok I meeting with my Uncle Today to do some laptop shopping for the grandkids. So I will doing some business talking with him as well and see what he thinks.

Offline CaDDy54

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 16, 2008, 04:02:11 pm »
I hope this lan center turnsout because you know gamers hideout or whatever went out of business in like 5 months so hopefully we can keep this one going. Also We da best ;D
gt: Go Kaddy, aim:kaddy545454

xX_Raider_Xx

« Reply #247 on: August 16, 2008, 05:58:13 pm »
See the thing is, I have never heard of Gamers Hideout. Obviously they hid themselves very well and thats why they only lasted for 5 months. We are doing our best to make sure every square inch of Oklahoma has heard of us even before we open so Im sure we are going to do much better.

icy.

« Reply #248 on: August 16, 2008, 07:38:20 pm »
I'll be there, but I'll probably only play GH3 and H3 FFA because I won't have enough time to practice with a team (and do good, lol).

King_Gt

« Reply #249 on: August 17, 2008, 12:16:00 am »
I'll be able to bring a whole ssbb setup... :p

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #250 on: August 17, 2008, 12:27:46 am »
I'll be there, but I'll probably only play GH3 and H3 FFA because I won't have enough time to practice with a team (and do good, lol).

Its not about doing good its about supporting ok gaming!
HxC LAN Center

Offline Mccoolio

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 17, 2008, 02:01:08 am »
I was thinking about going to this tournament but I really can't talk Oklahoma Gaming serious especially when all the tournaments are Halo 3. I used to play with OKC Rage on a team but really how many people have you seen that are from Oklahoma become a professional gamer or a company have a major tournament here I'm not talking that MGC small time lan, I'm talking about the big lans like MLG,WCG,CGS. I've only seen one true pro gamer and that is Coolsvilla that plays on 3D.NY for the CGS. I went to WCG Dallas Regional and I was the only Oklahoma person there competing. MLG don't get me wrong is cool but WCG and CGS are more amazing leagues. MLG picks up games then they drop the prize money WCG and CGS have lots of games and have amazing prize money. I think if you guys truly want to make Oklahoma better gaming place, have a tournament on these games for WCG and whoever wins for these games gets sponsored to go to the Dallas Regional next year.

Here's the games that should be picked (Nobody can register for multiple games)
Halo 3
Guitar Hero 4
Doa4
PGR4

If you guys are thinking well we don't have enough money to pay for these players to go then my point has been proved. I went to Dallas last Sunday and it cost me about $200 but seriously making a lan center is not the smartest idea because notice there's no lan centers in Oklahoma that are still around. I only knew of one and that was Cyber Quest and  they had really bad business but barely were able to pull through for a couple months. Location is key to having a successful lan center, a good location is key for any type of business.

i will admit...mlg is crap compared to cgs(if mlg didnt have halo then it would be dead) but you cant go about by making our future business owners skeptical about having a lan center. Raider is trying to do something different....i dont remember cyberquest having frequent h2 tourneys....coolsvilla isnt the only pro to come from oklahoma...ever heard of StK Sergio? probably not since halo 1 was out while you were still getting breast fed. Primo Sparkz supersmiley......although they werent pros they were the closest we had during h2. now that h3 is out there are a few more people here trying to go "pro." You can complain about how we dont have tourneys for any other game cause the truth is: NO ONE SHOWS UP FOR THE OTHER GAMES!!!!111ONEONEONE  We have one of the most popular games "guitar hero" in a tourney and barely ANYONE SHOWS UP. The only other game people are willing play and travel for in tournaments is Super Smash Brothers. So pick one H3 or Super Smash Bros......If you dont like either then continue to play the other games online, no one is stopping you. But dont come onto the forums discouraging future business owners and aspiring h3 or ssbb "pros". Im sorry you didnt make it to where you wanted but it makes you sound like 4 year old girl that didnt get to watch the newest episode of Teletubbies with your little tantrum. To summarize this post....
QUIT COMPLAINING!!!!!!

Sergio blows, and Primo actually was pro!

Offline LGPxSTEEEL

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 17, 2008, 02:30:21 am »
xL SuCcEd Lx, Simiyic, Jetser, Afffliction FTW...

well... top 3 atleast

Offline Oo HyPn07iC oO

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • Casey.....Its not easy being your daddy........
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 17, 2008, 03:03:11 am »
Sergio blows, and Primo actually was pro!

and you dont know what youre talking about.......
Im not Sick......IM ILL...

Offline LGPxSTEEEL

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 17, 2008, 10:12:29 am »
so there gonna be GH3 too??