Author Topic: Plasma Burn Sponsored Tournament - January  (Read 12439 times)

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
Plasma Burn Sponsored Tournament - January
« on: October 12, 2008, 02:26:16 pm »
Gonna open this up So Darkdisk and I can ask a few questions.  We are going to do a tournament.  Its just a matter of When..

Weather permitting we are maybe looking at Christmas break, after Christmas of course. And I need to get with our main investor and see what days he will be in Oklahoma, as he said he'd like to attend and experience what a gaming get together was like.

but since some schools and colleges are different we'd like to know dates of Christmas breaks.

We not only will be doing your standard Halo 4v4, SSBB, and GoW2 But we are going to venture into an area that Darkdisk and I know alot more about. and we are going to do a PC game tournament.  Game is yet to be determined but its looking alot like CoD4, but its all pending the popularity of CoD5.

We are already have a venue picked out, that should be more than enough to meet our requirements. 

anyways we dont have alot of the game details yet, about all we have is how much we can spend, and location.   So if we can get thoughts on Christmas break dates that would be great.  we are not tied to Christmas break either, we just thought it might be a good possibility.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 04:15:32 pm by furyswrath »

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
Re: Plasma Burn Sponsored Tournament - January
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 04:21:23 pm »
Looks like we will do it January 17th.  And Unless I get a Bigger venue for a Cheaper price This will be at the Mustang Community Center, In Mustang Jan 17th looking at approx 1pm start time 11am setup registration.

I will post more details on prizes,Rules, fees and games as we come up with them.  We are considering doing a Madden09 as well as we feel the the area that we are doing the tournament in plays alot of madden vs FPS games.  Im banking on everyone else the normally comes to tournaments to fill in the Halo and GoW side of things.

We would also like to look at maybe depending on the game when it comes out and what not doing a Mortal Combat vs DC Comics  In place of SSBB  But I have a feeling we will have more participation if we do SSBB.

I also am working on getting  BRAWLS rep to come as well to pass out free BRAWLS to registered players. So far its looking promising.

Offline DrViper

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Check Please
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 07:35:09 pm »
I also am working on getting  BRAWLS rep to come as well to pass out free BRAWLS to registered players. So far its looking promising.

Do you mean BAWLS... as in the energy drink??

Offline darkdisk

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
    • Plasma Burn
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 09:57:11 pm »
Yeah as far as the fighter games, just depends on over all popularity.  SoulCal has had some time now to mature and allow players to work on their game, whereas it will be difficult to judge the DC vs MK crowd just yet.  SSBB, though the tournaments are lengthy, seems to have a steady crowd of followers.  Halo3 is of course, still running strong and will probably be tailed by GoW2 very soon.

-dd1sk
www.plasmaburn.net
technology. gaming. attitude.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 10:42:04 pm »

Do you mean BAWLS... as in the energy drink??

Yea Opps.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 01:19:10 am »
OH my gawd this is a must go to tournament! Fury is the man!
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 02:19:27 am »
OH my gawd this is a must go to tournament! Fury is the man!

I Try LOL  Plasma Burn is going to pay for everything that we need Including a few new toys.  We are looking into getting a Large LCD tv and Cable spiltters to be able to put feature games on a large screen for everyone to see.  Also setting up another Large screen with some software im writing to let people know when and who they are playing. 

If this software works out I will share it with those who might seem it maybe useful.  I wrote some bracket software long time ago for a little league deal several years ago.  I will update it and im pretty sure I can make it work for most all games.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 07:20:52 am »
 ;) Let us know if you need any help.
HxC LAN Center

Offline BUTL3R

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Oh Butler
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 01:51:50 pm »
Sounds like its gonna be a good one.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 04:23:47 pm »
even if I dont play I will help you with anything you need. If you need flyers let me know. Also I will bring a full game set up for a full team. Just because Plasmaburn.net is my peoples! 8)
HxC LAN Center

Offline PhLo

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 08:28:46 am »
MK vs DC looks like a pretty intense game.

I'd come out for the Smash if it was there :)
Formerly Stilly Crew.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 04:35:35 pm »
We will have a more definite answer 2nd week of November on this.  I dont want to do it till I have all my Ducks in a row. I really want to make it something that everyone would want to come back too if we did another one.   I want to make it a stand out tournament. something people will remember.   Worst case we have to delay till February. but im almost 100% sure we will be able to pull everything off and have everything purchased by January.

Bawls is on board now they are sending a case of Bawl, and a Gamers Kit to give as a prize.  Said we could give out the Case of bawls to players.  I need to re-read the email they may of said cases.. i dunno all i saw was there was 48 cans to a case. so will see. I will know more when it all comes in the mail.

Ok so having said all that.

IF  i can get a good Server.   How many would be interested in COD4 or 5 preferably 4,  PC Tourney at this event.  Maybe use the D.A.M.N mod or something.  Ive read alot of people use that mod in tourneys.   Id love to do a PC Tourney in conjunction to the Halo, SSBB, GoW  if there is enough interest.

Also we will have REAL Security on hand as well.  We will have 2 off Duty Mustang Police Officers for security during the tournament .  I know past couple tourneys ive gone to ive heard people say "I dont want to leave my stuff might get stolen"   Which even with Security it could but. Im hoping just having some Uniformed Police Officers there will scare the thieves off. 

Offline Tatsu

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: PSI Tatsuman
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 12:01:59 am »
I'd come up for Brawl. Sounds like an awesome tourney.

Maybe I could get a few CoD players to come up, but I'm not sure. I'll spread the word.

Offline BUTL3R

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Oh Butler
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 10:22:59 am »
For the 360 or PC?

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008, 02:07:12 pm »
For the 360 or PC?

PC for CoD4 if I can find a server good enough.   Or if there is a real want we can do a CoD4 360 if there are more 360 people than pc. I will make a more firm decision next month