Author Topic: Get to know your OKgamers - First posts and New Chat  (Read 224034 times)

xd0nn4x

Re: Get to know your OKgamers - First posts and New Chat
« Reply #105 on: December 19, 2007, 01:03:52 pm »
lol alright i got one im working on right now with the evolutions of the console controllers :-" but yeah i can stick the official logo in.

DarkWraith56

« Reply #106 on: December 19, 2007, 01:28:26 pm »
lol wow X A that was mean really really mean but yeah ill play halo 3 or two with you i need poeple to play with because random teamslayer matches suck really really bad but i will play like any game on XBL because i am a gamer score whore.

TiffanyCo

« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2008, 02:08:38 pm »
To start off here's the basics; I go by Tiffany or TM(has several different meanings), I'm a youngin', I live in Midwest City which is about fifteen minutes away from OKC, and I'm obviously a gamer.

DarkWraith56

« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2008, 06:20:21 am »
is it just me or is it that there are more people coming in from OKC than anywhere else.

TiffanyCo

« Reply #109 on: January 14, 2008, 03:05:53 pm »
is it just me or is it that there are more people coming in from OKC than anywhere else.

Are you being locationist? Of course a lot of people who are joining this site are from OKC, it's the heart of Oklahoma.

DarkWraith56

« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2008, 03:17:12 pm »
lol yes i am.....no not really i just think its weird that there are more people coming from OKC than Tulsa seems like we have to really work hard down here to find some good gamers thats all

xX_Raider_Xx

« Reply #111 on: January 14, 2008, 03:22:48 pm »
You need to Find good Gamers in okc or in tulsa? I honetly think that becuz of all the stuff that goes on for gaming that isnt in OKC that OKC is not the Heart and soul of the gaming community for Oklahoma. We do have alot of gamers here but they arent gamers that will actually travel (unless there are competitive players like myself for example). I dont know anyone in my school or that i know anywhere else that has been to a event for OKgamers, its more of a tulsa thing.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #112 on: January 14, 2008, 11:39:35 pm »
Wraith - It seems to come in waves from what I've noticed.  When we (the staff of the site) throw an event  somewhere we get a decent amount of people...  And then in the down times everywhere else finds us online :)

You need to Find good Gamers in okc or in tulsa? I honetly think that becuz of all the stuff that goes on for gaming that isnt in OKC that OKC is not the Heart and soul of the gaming community for Oklahoma. We do have alot of gamers here but they arent gamers that will actually travel (unless there are competitive players like myself for example). I dont know anyone in my school or that i know anywhere else that has been to a event for OKgamers, its more of a tulsa thing.

Well uhm.  Keep in mind...  "OKgamers events" - are simply a way staff (and by staff - read - people who believe in the value of the site and put their personal time into doing events for gamers in the state...) help get the word out - about the site so it gets used.

I really hope there isn't a perspective that the site is only for 'our events' - as we only 'throw events' - to try and get the word out - so the site gets used...

And I know alot of gamers in OKC that throw tournaments / events.  The smash community is very active, and back in the day 2d's / tekken / SC was pretty popular at the mall down there.  Really - it all comes down to our central problem:

Gamers in Oklahoma don't have a central place to find out about events.

Other than OKgamers.com

I hope OKC / Norman / Tulsa / Stillwater / Talequah / wherever - see the value in a state based resource, and help spread the word so businesses see gamers using it - so they post.  And gamers then have a value to come use the site - as businesses are using it, and events are getting posted.

We've had some success - I simply hope we can grow it to the point it's a real value.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

DarkWraith56

« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2008, 12:26:19 pm »
i know i just havent seen anyone from around tulsa come yet so i think when we start the monthlys back up i think it will get better.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #114 on: January 16, 2008, 01:01:02 am »
i know i just havent seen anyone from around tulsa come yet so i think when we start the monthlys back up i think it will get better.

As in Tulsa people sign up lately?

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Punish3r

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • 1337 Filmmaker
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2008, 11:07:37 pm »
Hey everyone!

My name is Daniel, and I've been playing games since 1994, when I got a NES. I'm big into FPS and Fighting, especially SSB and Counter-Strike, which I started playing in 1999, thanks to my uncle :D I'm usually found playing CS 1.6, CS:S, Call of Duty 4, Gears of War, Halo 3, and I'm planning to pick up Unreal Tournament III. Also, Super Smash Bros. 64 and Melee, Soul Caliber, DOA, Tekken, and Virtua Fighter.

My gamertag on XBL is Punish3r x3h. Throw me a message before a friend request, as I usually just deny random people. Hope to see you online!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 11:12:03 pm by Punish3r »

Offline TH3 R3LIGION

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • No XBL FR
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2008, 12:47:41 pm »

Well duhhhhh OKC has that good lookin guy runnning things............what was his name again?
DO NOT SEND ME A FR UNLESS I KNOW YOU PERSONALLY

SEMI-PROS ARE HORRIBAD

SkizsM420

« Reply #117 on: January 28, 2008, 12:54:41 pm »

Well duhhhhh OKC has that good lookin guy runnning things............what was his name again?

aww How flattering man.  That's really nice of you, but I'm not really running things.  I just do what I can. :P
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 12:58:41 pm by SkizsM420 »

Offline TH3 R3LIGION

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • No XBL FR
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 28, 2008, 06:30:36 pm »

aww How flattering man.  That's really nice of you, but I'm not really running things.  I just do what I can. :P

Ummmmmm no?  I was talking about the l33tst butterfly i know, that r3ligion kid..........man if i was someone else i would definitely want to be that guy
DO NOT SEND ME A FR UNLESS I KNOW YOU PERSONALLY

SEMI-PROS ARE HORRIBAD

SkizsM420

« Reply #119 on: January 28, 2008, 06:35:39 pm »
ahh sorry man, I guess it was the "good looking' remark that threw me off lol.

Naahh I'm just screwin with ya. . You're the man and you know it