Author Topic: Ventrillo or Teamspeak  (Read 9594 times)

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
Ventrillo or Teamspeak
« on: March 21, 2012, 12:55:49 am »
So with PC gaming getting bigger here with OKgamers, I'm looking at purchasing on a trial basis a voice server.  For all of OKgamers to use.

I like both TS and Vent. Either one has its pros and cons.

One with the most votes wins. And I'll purchase a dynamic slot server for 6 Months. And reevaluate it at 6 months to weather its worth keeping.

Get to voting

Offline I EAT LEGOS

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
Re: Ventrillo or Teamspeak
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 02:31:33 am »
I'm a server admin of a lifetime 50-man ventrilo server that is open to anyone. I just have to make an account if you're going to be a regular user; keeps the spammers out. Just thought I'd give an option for you guys!

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 04:50:50 am »
I'm a server admin of a lifetime 50-man ventrilo server that is open to anyone. I just have to make an account if you're going to be a regular user; keeps the spammers out. Just thought I'd give an option for you guys!

Thanks.

But in doing this for OKgamers it will have rules of use in place, Branded and such for OKgamers.   But Thanks for the offer.

Offline Chance

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: Gear_Jammer89
  • XBL ID: metalmusic89
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 09:18:57 am »
I use Ventrilo, never tried teamspeak

Offline Paradox

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 10:37:28 am »
I would do another poll. We have several vent/ts out there for LOL alone. Its very very hard to get everyone onto one. People have their own where they have their private rooms and server admin, ect. I love the idea of having one but from past experience it seems that people who are in the community don't want to give up that "control" factor. If the people actively using this forum, which for the most part are LOLers, aren't going to be on it while online gaming then its a waste of money for you(or OKGamers whoever is paying for it).

If there aren't a lot of OKGamers on it then I won't be logging into the server on a frequent basis. The poll should simply state, "Yes, I will use OKGamers voice server on a consistent basis" and "No I will not use OKGamers voice server on a consistent basis"

I think the results will speak for themselves and you'll end up saving some money. Even though I wish I was wrong as I'd love one central voice server but its just highly unlikely from my past experiences.

Offline Chance

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 12:02:35 pm »
I like the idea of an OKgamer channel or something. Im on pc all the time at work and home

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 07:50:57 pm »
I would do another poll. We have several vent/ts out there for LOL alone. Its very very hard to get everyone onto one. People have their own where they have their private rooms and server admin, ect. I love the idea of having one but from past experience it seems that people who are in the community don't want to give up that "control" factor. If the people actively using this forum, which for the most part are LOLers, aren't going to be on it while online gaming then its a waste of money for you(or OKGamers whoever is paying for it).

If there aren't a lot of OKGamers on it then I won't be logging into the server on a frequent basis. The poll should simply state, "Yes, I will use OKGamers voice server on a consistent basis" and "No I will not use OKGamers voice server on a consistent basis"

I think the results will speak for themselves and you'll end up saving some money. Even though I wish I was wrong as I'd love one central voice server but its just highly unlikely from my past experiences.

There are tons more out there besides LOL.   And this would just be more so For any Online Tournaments we do.   However I wouldn't be opposed to having a General Talking Channel in it.   but This is Mostly for Organized Tournament use.  Or Other Organized Get together anyone would want to have.

Offline D3AD

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: all my tags: D3ADL
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 08:18:51 pm »
i have a vent for OKgamers >.>
Either be one of the best, or be dead like the rest

Offline akash34478

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: akash34478
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 11:51:35 am »
I would like teamspeak just because I believe the sound quality is better but I may be wrong. Also, I have seen that there is a ventrilo server for okgamers is it possible that gives the server?

Offline OMGitsKatieB

• Startin' Out
  • * my DPS scales positively with pink nail polish *
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 03:28:01 am »
vent, just because that's what i'm used to
.::. PS: you just got beaten by a girl .::.

Offline Chance

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 12:55:23 pm »
Vent, I've been wanting a vent for okgamers for awhile

Offline D3AD

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2012, 12:27:11 am »
i had vent for us OKgamers to use.. i quit paying for it.. when nobody ever joined >.>  but vent is alot easier then anything.. is more user friendly and i think more ppl here know how to use vent over TS3

Offline Sysyphus300021

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: sysyphus300021
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2012, 10:59:35 am »
I have a vent server and have offered it for use before. We can still use it if everyone want to use it.

If you want the server information just send me a pm and I will send you the information. I don't want to post it here. Want to makes sure you are an okgamer member at least.

So far I have a few channels LoL, Hon, DOTA2, BF3, MW3. I can add more channels as needed. It's a 50 slot server but I can add more. It has not been used for a month or so. I made it for WoW a few years back but not playing any mmo now. If we need more space because of all the LoL players just let me know what you think we will need. Ill upgrade the server.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 12:01:00 pm by Sysyphus300021 »

Offline D3AD

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2012, 07:44:07 pm »
 ^^ ya that would be good... "IF" people use it.. like Legos *cough* dont leave his vent haha. and that goes with his pals lol.. but if everyone signed into it.. like every time u got on like u would for the LoL chat room or w/e it would b nice

Offline I EAT LEGOS

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2012, 07:55:38 pm »
Yup, I still have mine that I use EVERYDAY! Still has LoL players (both from OK and not) along with other games. Been stating it from the beginning, it's free for anyone to come on in! ...but state your vent name and game you're looking to use it for :)