Author Topic: Oklahoma WoW Guild ... Idea ... Maybe?  (Read 11480 times)

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
Oklahoma WoW Guild ... Idea ... Maybe?
« on: December 03, 2008, 08:23:56 pm »
Hey,

Wife and i are looking to getting back into WoW.  and thought what better way that if there where a bunch of us Oklahomans that would want to group up..  Now I know most of you are probably established in a Guild already and have your toon all set on your own server Thats fine.   

But if everyone is willing to group up and see what we can going lemme know.  I think it would be really interesting to have all of us together.

DarkWraith56

Re: Oklahoma WoW Guild ... Idea ... Maybe?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 08:26:35 pm »
well all i know is most of my friends, well all of them now play on elune

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 08:28:19 pm »
well all i know is most of my friends, well all of them now play on elune

Wife and I are willing to move our toons if need be. I think its what 10 bucks to move?  But yea this idea may not be feasible. i dunno..  Was a good thought though.

Offline DrViper

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Check Please
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 09:25:26 pm »
Walter plays on Arygos.

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: eighty8keyes
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 11:17:51 pm »
Last time I checked character moves are still $25 per toon. I am going to start up a ally shammy on my sister-in-laws server pretty soon. They started a new guild "Order of the Phoenix" on Madoran and it only has like 4 people in it, so it's a good starter guild that we can get off the ground. I believe Madoran is PVE and is also Central Standard Time. Or if your interested in starting a new guild from the ground up on any other server I'm down. I'm more PVE than PVP just because of the fact I don't get a large amount of time to play and I like to be able to get stuff done in that amount of time. If you end up taking a poll and roll with PvP I'm down though. I just like playing with friends in game for the most part.
GT: Eighty8keyes Haloez and anything else I might be playing.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 01:06:31 am »
Last time I checked character moves are still $25 per toon. I am going to start up a ally shammy on my sister-in-laws server pretty soon. They started a new guild "Order of the Phoenix" on Madoran and it only has like 4 people in it, so it's a good starter guild that we can get off the ground. I believe Madoran is PVE and is also Central Standard Time. Or if your interested in starting a new guild from the ground up on any other server I'm down. I'm more PVE than PVP just because of the fact I don't get a large amount of time to play and I like to be able to get stuff done in that amount of time. If you end up taking a poll and roll with PvP I'm down though. I just like playing with friends in game for the most part.
/agree

All My toons are on Icecrown.  they are alliance.  Imma talk to my wife some more and see. the issue we are having is we both like playing on the laptop in front of the TV LOL   But Rumor is I may get a new laptop for Christmas so the wife can have this one i use. so we would be good laptop wise.  But yea Lets see if we can work something up.

Coolsvilla

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 02:55:00 am »
I would say it probably won't work because so many play on different servers. I just started a new character on Illidan to play with most of the guys after already getting far on Blackwing Lair with my team. Unless people really want to move, I don't think it will work. Besides, what server would it be? Everyone is going to say "Just move to mine." lol ;P

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 04:47:13 pm »
I would say it probably won't work because so many play on different servers. I just started a new character on Illidan to play with most of the guys after already getting far on Blackwing Lair with my team. Unless people really want to move, I don't think it will work. Besides, what server would it be? Everyone is going to say "Just move to mine." lol ;P

Meh. Yes and No. I have a total of about 20+ toons on like 7 different servers. Obviously I don't play them all, but I do like to switch between servers. Most people play various characters on different servers because of reasons like this. I can play three servers (1 for family, 2 for work friends, and 3 for OKgamers) if I have to.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 02:54:28 pm »

my Wife and I are now on Azuremyst with my cousin and a couple other Oklahoma friends.   we are horde.  so if you wanna roll one on that server look for furyswrath

Offline Belkin

• Business Owner
  • Startin' Out
  • Belkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 03:13:26 am »
An Oklahoma based guild......now thats an idea that should work.  I remember standing in line for 4 hours waiting on the midnight release of Wotlk at gamestop and seeing hundreds of people.  Not to mention hearing about how many people were at the other stores that evening.  If you are serious about getting a guild together on a server, try and find a server that has a moderate population, unlike some which are actually letting you switch servers with out a fee...due to the over population.  Through a few servers up and lets see what happens.....Speaking for myself there is no way i could have my main leave the guild im in but I would start a new char if it ment actually playing with fellow okies......

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 10:22:32 am »
An Oklahoma based guild......now thats an idea that should work.  I remember standing in line for 4 hours waiting on the midnight release of Wotlk at gamestop and seeing hundreds of people.  Not to mention hearing about how many people were at the other stores that evening.  If you are serious about getting a guild together on a server, try and find a server that has a moderate population, unlike some which are actually letting you switch servers with out a fee...due to the over population.  Through a few servers up and lets see what happens.....Speaking for myself there is no way i could have my main leave the guild im in but I would start a new char if it ment actually playing with fellow okies......

Well we kinda have started. My Cousin and most her friends and boyfriend have a small guild on Azuremyst  so my wife and I joined up and started our new toons.  Im working on them to open it up seeing how everyone in the guild is from Oklahoma what better way to enhance it.  but from what i understand they want to keep it private.  But im working on them.   If not i will drop the guild and start an OkGamers guild.   I ran a very large guild on icecrown from the time wow was released till about a year ago when we disbanded due to lack of interest in the game.  So let me work on it. I Think Azuremyst is medium populated and i dont see any free transfers off it. Also the Azuremyst economy is decent as well im not seeing anything way over priced like some servers are.

But as i believe cools mentioned before It will be hard to do an Oklahoma guild as most people have there friends on a certain server and is established.  Im going to put a deal on my website and see if I can attract some people.   I really think if we can get the people a WoW guild would be awesome and so Fun.

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2008, 05:21:11 pm »
Well I am still down with this plan whenever you're ready (and when I get internets back, hopefully end of month or mid Jan).

Offline attrezzop

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
    • Teh myspaze
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2008, 02:30:51 pm »
I'm up for it if you've got VOIP, teamspeak or vent etc. I think since you started it fury you should just bite the bullet and make a guild.

I don't wanna grind up a toon though :-(

So, here's the suggestion, retitle this...

OKGAMERS WOW GUILD. ON such and such server.

Join up!

That's the best you could ask for though.

Here I am on der myspazenhousen.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 05:59:48 pm »
I'm up for it if you've got VOIP, teamspeak or vent etc. I think since you started it fury you should just bite the bullet and make a guild.

I don't wanna grind up a toon though :-(

So, here's the suggestion, retitle this...

OKGAMERS WOW GUILD. ON such and such server.

Join up!

That's the best you could ask for though.

Meh..    I have a Level 68 on icecrown alliance  But I re-rolled Horde on azuremyst as a mage. . got up to level 20 finally.  so i dunno I really think this idea is far fetched because i really dont want to re-roll "again"  and there are a ton of people from Oklahoma on Azuremyst ive found. so i guess this is kinda a dead idea.

Offline uNlimited

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • GT: Taco Steeve
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 11:27:33 am »
I FINALLY got WoW and burning crusade earlier this week after thinking i was gonna get it a few months ago, ive been wanting to join a guild and just havnt found one yet. atm im on dawnbringer with my highest lvl 18 pally :-\ so far, id be willing to make another on another server ( since it isnt high anyway), and im more of a PvE person instead of PvP, id be all for a guild. Any server, just tell me what and where and im in  :)
add me on live - gt - Taco Steeve
or on
myspace.com/taco_steeve
or on
WoW - Korialstrasz - TostadaTom 80 DK