Author Topic: Get to know your OKgamers - First posts and New Chat  (Read 224066 times)

KrystalAvenger

I remember doing friendlies with you in Brawl at Jenks, Dosha
« Reply #240 on: May 02, 2009, 12:40:04 pm »
I was the tall guy with glasses who used Wolf, Sonic, and Pokemon Trainer and did some friendlies with you at the last tournament. I wonder if we could battle on wi-fi sometimes.

Offline sickkboy19

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
Re: Get to know your OKgamers - First posts and New Chat
« Reply #241 on: May 07, 2009, 12:01:06 pm »
My gamertag is sickkboy19 on any platform I play on. The origins of my nickname stem from a social distortion song, not trainspotting. I have been a gamer for almost 30 years.

I am a gamer, because I still get excited when a new game is released as much as I did when I would walk into an arcade and see a new game I had never seen before. 

I have always gamed so I do not know a life without them. I remember the excitement when I got my first 2600 and buying a famicom in Japan since nothing like that existed when I left the U.S., just seeing it for the first time in the toy store was amazing. I remember the best thing about the mall in the 80’s was the arcade and spending hours playing different games. The elation I felt of clearing one more screen in Pac man, and the torments of playing Tron and always dying quickly.

I think I was fortunate to grow up in the 80’s during the height of arcades in the U.S., and then I was fortunate to have the love of games nurtured and forged in the arcades of Japan for 5 years.  I am also happy to be able to be alive during a time when so many great games are being released right now on some great systems.

I game because I love every little element of video games, the story, the game play, and because no matter if I am playing with friends or myself I am immersed in that world and feel the same excitement and joy and emotions I did almost 30 years ago. I do not like to limit myself to any particular game and will play almost anything once, I always say do and play what you love.

I do not like people with elitist attitudes or people that hate gamers just because they love their game or console of choice. I think there is room for everyone and all skill levels in the gaming community. I have my favorite console and games just as you do. I do however hate people that need to cheat rather than rely on skill. I would rather be bad at a game than cheat. I have competed in tournaments in both the U.S.  and Japan with mixed results and I have seen all level of players. I will play with anyone I just enjoy gaming.

So if you ever want to play just add my gamertag or psn.

sickkboy19

TimCo

« Reply #242 on: May 29, 2009, 02:56:59 pm »
Hey guys, I've gotta say, I'm glad I found a place like this.

My name is Tim, and online, I go by a pretty varied group of names, dependent on what type of game I'm playing (Moodaduku on WoW, MasterWire or TimCoPress on FPS's, TimCo on anything else), but I usually go by TimCo. I play a pretty wide variety of games. WoW, Exteel, D&D Online, Battlefield 2142 (when I have it installed), D&D 3.0 - 4e, GURPS, Smash Bros. Brawl, and I'm open to basically anything else.

I'm not actually an Oklahoman (an okie?); I'm visiting from Washington for a few months. I am an avid gamer, and run quite a few gaming groups back at home. We usually play WoW, D&D, or GURPS, and we play every Monday (dubbed Nerd Night). Here in Tulsa, I feel... out of place. There are no local gaming spots I've found, no game stores near me, and I know noone who games, aside from my mom and my stepdad (they play WoW (SHOCK! (MORE PARENTHESIS!))). I'm willing to play almost anything - even Halo, the bane of my existance - as long as I get to hang out with people who share my interests.

I watch Futurama, Family Guy, American Dad, Scrubs, House, Heroes (the basis of Nerd Night), Simpsons, Bleach, Code Geass, Arrested Development, Sit Down Shut Up, Fullmetal Alchemist, and probably a bunch more I can't think of.

I listen to a wide array of music, except most Rap and Country (Which, I understand, will probably drastically decrease my chances of finding a group of people to hang out with in Oklahoma, but I'm willing to take that chance). If you follow me on MSN, you'll most likely see me listening to something of the acoustic or Folk variety, I've been known to listen to Nerdcore Hip-hop (I have a couple friends in the biz), and I will definitely listen to anything by Arcade Fire or Modest Mouse.

If anyone wants to get ahold of me, you can shoot me back at [email protected]. If you've got a D&D group or are willing to play D&D or GURPS, PLEASE get ahold of me. I'm jonesin' for some roleplayin'. I don't have any books with me, but I can get them.

***EDIT***

Oh yea, suppose I should add that I'm a 19 year old dude.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 04:34:34 pm by TimCo »

DarkWraith56

« Reply #243 on: June 02, 2009, 01:21:20 am »
Hey guys, I've gotta say, I'm glad I found a place like this.

My name is Tim, and online, I go by a pretty varied group of names, dependent on what type of game I'm playing (Moodaduku on WoW, MasterWire or TimCoPress on FPS's, TimCo on anything else), but I usually go by TimCo. I play a pretty wide variety of games. WoW, Exteel, D&D Online, Battlefield 2142 (when I have it installed), D&D 3.0 - 4e, GURPS, Smash Bros. Brawl, and I'm open to basically anything else.

I'm not actually an Oklahoman (an okie?); I'm visiting from Washington for a few months. I am an avid gamer, and run quite a few gaming groups back at home. We usually play WoW, D&D, or GURPS, and we play every Monday (dubbed Nerd Night). Here in Tulsa, I feel... out of place. There are no local gaming spots I've found, no game stores near me, and I know noone who games, aside from my mom and my stepdad (they play WoW (SHOCK! (MORE PARENTHESIS!))). I'm willing to play almost anything - even Halo, the bane of my existance - as long as I get to hang out with people who share my interests.

I watch Futurama, Family Guy, American Dad, Scrubs, House, Heroes (the basis of Nerd Night), Simpsons, Bleach, Code Geass, Arrested Development, Sit Down Shut Up, Fullmetal Alchemist, and probably a bunch more I can't think of.

I listen to a wide array of music, except most Rap and Country (Which, I understand, will probably drastically decrease my chances of finding a group of people to hang out with in Oklahoma, but I'm willing to take that chance). If you follow me on MSN, you'll most likely see me listening to something of the acoustic or Folk variety, I've been known to listen to Nerdcore Hip-hop (I have a couple friends in the biz), and I will definitely listen to anything by Arcade Fire or Modest Mouse.

If anyone wants to get ahold of me, you can shoot me back at [email protected]. If you've got a D&D group or are willing to play D&D or GURPS, PLEASE get ahold of me. I'm jonesin' for some roleplayin'. I don't have any books with me, but I can get them.

***EDIT***

Oh yea, suppose I should add that I'm a 19 year old dude.

WE DONT LIEK YOUR TYPE HERE.

meh, kidding welcome to the site glad to get more pc gamers :D

Tonzokukangen

« Reply #244 on: June 15, 2009, 06:31:06 pm »
Heya! ^^ I'm Tonzokukangen and have used that name for most any game for years. (6 I believe) But as you can imagine most don't call me that. XD I answer to Tonzo, Mr. T and most any other variations of that name. (I answer to many more but lets leave that on game to game basis for now) The name comes from my main in Final Fantasy XI which I find I'm like the ONLY Oklahoman that plays this game consistantly. I'm hoping here I might find some more. If not thats ok, I play Xbox 360 (Halo 3, Resi 5, Skate 2, Soul Calibur 4, Left for dead, halo wars, street fighter 4, the darkness. armored core 4 and GTA 4.) I also play on the wii at times, smash bros brawl, wii sports, wii fit.

I'm a 24 year old who has been gaming since practically birth, and I have no intent on stopping either. XD I'm hoping here I might make some new friends and maybe some fun challenges or conversations. My GamerTag is Tonzokukangan (xbox 360) My wii friend code is 7896027475398439. My FFXI toon is Tonzokukangen on Asura server. Please feel free to say hello sometime or ask any questions. ^^

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: eighty8keyes
« Reply #245 on: June 15, 2009, 11:18:55 pm »
My FFXI toon is Tonzokukangen on Asura server. ^^

Wow, I don't know if anyone else here besides me has played ffxi (at a consistent rate) played for about 2 or 3 years. BTW heard about FF14 which is pretty much FFxi #2 that they announced at E3 that is supposedly for ps3 only?
GT: Eighty8keyes Haloez and anything else I might be playing.

zypher

« Reply #246 on: June 17, 2009, 02:55:43 am »
YO YO

Name: Chris

Gamer Name: Noob Juice or zypher

Gamer Type: FPS

My very 1st game was for the original nintendo which was the very 1st Mario game.

Lets see I'm more of a computer gamer. I have been playing fps games since 2001 my 1st game was when Novalogic came out with Delta Force Black Hawk Down. I still play it even if I have to catch a cheater ever time I play. I play consoles as well not very good at them tho. Since I'm a pc gamer I was hoping when I move to Broken Arrow Oklahoma I can enter a some tournaments. But Im not even sure if you guys play pc tournaments. Do you?

Lets see I have been a gamer about my entire life playing consoles 1st then a friend of mine got me into playing computer games and stuff.

http://www.myspace.com/matrix1md

Consoles I own:Xbox360, Wii,game cube,nintendo 64,sega genesis,Super nintendo,PS2,PS1,PSP,Nintendo DS,& Game Boy SP

PC Games: Cod4,Cod5,CSS,DFBHD(Delta Force Black Hawk Down), Starcraft(waiting on starcraft2),Halo 2

I gotta ship my 360 out to get repair stupid ring of death lol. I only play 2 games on my 360 and that's Halo 3 and cod4.

Also next Feb. I plan on moving to Broken Arrow, Oklahoma to live with my older brother and get a job. Just until I can get me my own place and stuff.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 03:02:28 am by zypher »

direct7

« Reply #247 on: June 20, 2009, 02:21:36 am »
Hey everyone of Oklahoma...

My GT is direct7 on XBL. I am a hardcore Halo player.
I really want to be a pro gamer and nothing will stop me.

I am 21, from Owasso and work full time.... After work I sleep for sometime the rest of my day is dedicated to getting better at FPS'...

I'm always down for lans (if it's my night off work) so hit me up.... Feel free to check out my facebook also..

InfinityKnight119

« Reply #248 on: July 27, 2009, 09:33:35 pm »
Hello fellow gamers! The name's Charle. I've been a gamer ever since I could pick up a Nintendo controller. I have staged several parts of my gaming life, starting on good ol Nintendo, then gradually advancing to the PC, and then 360.
I started off on the Super Nintendo, then 64, then Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, going on to the Xbox, with PC gaming(good ol Starcraft and C&C ruled), then 360.

Gamertag: Greenaidsandham. Backstory: When I first got my 360, my friend made up my name for me. That's about it. I am planning on changing it to x Nova Blade x in preparation for the MLG someday.
Gaming Style: Casual most of the time. I game for the love of it. I don't care too often about winning or graphics, but game play matters to me. Coop is always a blast on games so I'm always up for that.
I also happen to be a partially respected video game reviewer too. Check outs my link!
www.youtube.com/frontlinespartan119

I am thankful I ran into these guys at the last Gaming Expo at OCCC during the SFIV tourney. It was ok, but it could have been more organized. Too many people, chaotic gamers waiting impatiently. But I give it props for attempt. There needs to be a stronger gamer presence in Oklahoma.

Feel free to message me for Xbox Live action. I'm also up for LANs.
P.S. If anyone lives relevantly close to Stillwater, message me to set up a LAN tournament or something. I usually can get a good crowd to follow most of the time.

Offline SavageMonkey

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 03, 2009, 12:42:42 pm »

Hey everybody,

I'm Chris, but you can call me SavageMonkey or some call me just Monkey. I have been a gamer sime I was about 6 or 7 when I got my first Nintendo system. Mario Brothers FTW! ;) I really didn't get serious until my last couple years of High School and I have been addicted ever since.

I have played most every type of game, but my favorites are FPS and RTS. I game on PC mainly, but I also play PS3 and Xbox360.

If you would like to know anything else feel free to ask. Otherwise, I look forward to posting with you all!

Offline Ex. 68471

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 01, 2009, 04:42:49 pm »

Hello all, I'm Jacob, and I have been a gamer for a long time now. I play just about every game under the sun if I can get my grubby little mitts on 'em, and generally prefer FPS's or Fighting games above most else.

I got my handle from a little inside joke betwixt one of my friends and myself, which can be found in my sig.

I also am an avid card gamer with everything from Marvel VS to Magic to Fluxx under my belt(if not in my possession).

I have played other games, such as Heroclix and Mechwarrior, and enjoyed most of everything I have played.

Currently, I play Magic a lot, and am currently in lieu of playing much of anything actually video gamey, since my 360's disc drive decided it didn't like to work properly(Thank goodness for warranties!), and most of my PS2 games have sort of lost their replay value(For the most part, Kingom Hearts is still freakin' awesome!).

Other than that, I must apologize in advance, for I have an exceptionally wicked sense of humor, and an even worse lack of tact(sometimes). I also am unforgivably curious and forgetful, which generally is a lot less annoying on a forum, since I can go back and reread stuff.

I also have an suprisingly empty social schedule, so I could pop up at some events on here fairly often.

See y'all around!
Experiments 68469, 68470, and 68472 were perfect successes.
I am Experiment 68471, the catastrophic failure!

Offline Outcast

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 10, 2009, 11:34:21 am »
Hey, I'm new, so I figured I should post here to start...

I'm Outcast, better known on Xbox Live as Yiruma (yeah I know you've never heard of me).

I'm mostly a PC gamer these days, CounterStrike Source, GunZ: The Duel, been trying a trial of FFXI.

I still get on the 360 for COD4, Halo 3, L4D, RE5, and other games, so if you wanna play sometime just let me know. I really only get on the 360 when I know somebody's on that I want to hang out with.

Looking forward to getting into this community and hopefully going to my first tourney soon. :D

(Also testing to see if my sig works.)

Offline Sir_Alex

• OKgamers Supporters
  • learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 26, 2009, 01:21:15 pm »
Hello, everyone. My name is Alex as you might have gathered. I just wanted to introduce myself and thought this would be an appropriate place. I live in Norman and found this site through a random internet search one day while looking for people to play Street Fighter 4 with. While I play many different kinds of games, my favorite multiplayer games are fighting games.

I mainly play my PS3 (PSN names is Rvn10Mufc) and my computer, although I'm more of a console gamer. I am playing the new NCSoft mmo Aion so look me up on Israphel-Elyos if you also play. My character is Shinze. Other than that, there isn't much to say except that I look forward to meeting some of you possibly and playing some games. Thanks.

Offline Tomissic

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 01, 2009, 10:40:23 am »
Hey my name is Tom, im 26 and live in OKC..im a big gamer, i love me some FPS, RPG's, and whatever else i can get my hands on. I found this website and i thought to myself "hey more gamers to play with" so i signed up...I am always looking for some LAN's or for some local tournaments to play in. Im the kinda of gamer that wants to have fun when i play, so i will pass on the immaturity and fits of rage. If you can do with out those, send me a request on we can get our game on!!
XBL: s6c
PSN:Tomissic

[edit: we are plagued with random requests sometimes so if you do send a message let me know your from okgamers]
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 02:06:44 pm by Tomissic »

Offline HxC_LAN_Center

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • "Hardcore Gaming for Hardcore Gamers" - HxC LAN
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: HxC LAN Center
« Reply #254 on: October 01, 2009, 11:49:13 am »
Welcome to the site! We hope you find the croud your looking for!