Author Topic: Tulsa - H3 2v2 Regional Road to Supercon at TCC Metro (Fighters too!) - 5/08/10  (Read 19177 times)

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile

Limited Edition Pokemon Keychains!  And we've got A LOT - so door prizes and Tournament winners - you'll be catching them all!

♥♥♥♥ now i have to attend

DarkWraith56

ALL HALO PLAYERS READ!

As for the rules to do time and no conflict during the tournament for the 2v2 setup, we will have to shorten the time on games, and reduce the kill limit.

Depending on how much time we have left for finals we may be able to up it to the standard 15 minutes, with 50 kills.

But as of right now to be able to get out of there in time, I am looking at a 10 minute, 25 kill limit game.

ARE there any serious complaints about this, if so we need to discuss it but we have to get out of there on time, let me know.

Offline Chaddddddddd

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
The tourny starts at 12:30 right? So what time do we have to be out of there?

Offline Wally

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • GT is Wah Wah Wally
    • View Profile
Can you guys make the tournament start a little earlier so that we can play actual games?

Offline Chaddddddddd

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Can you guys make the tournament start a little earlier so that we can play actual games?
For real

Offline Shank

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Big Mama Shank
I wouldn't mind showing up earlier for full games
I am the best

Offline DrViper

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Check Please
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Im still iffy on if im going or not, but any earlier would be a no go for me...  Final at 8am Saturday

and I see no problem in the rule changes... I'd rather do that then to have to concede the finals again because we had no time.
but again im not 100% going...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 09:43:20 pm by DrViper »

Offline 2AMPd

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: AMP zyx
If theres an open station I will be playing Octogon for small bets. $5 and under, except Raj.

www.twitter.com.com/OK_Updates

I'mma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony

Offline Shank

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Big Mama Shank
If theres an open station I will be playing Octogon for small bets. $5 and under, except Raj.
Be ready to take my money
I am the best

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
For real

We'll have like - 7 hours.  THE PROBLEM COULD BE:
Not enough hardware.
Gamers wandering off and organizers not being mean enough :)
Not enough hardware.

We've got PLENTY of space, power and time; if we have any problem it'll be new gamers not understanding the potluck / LAN mentality of bringing their own hardware, or they simply cannot.  I for one am bringing two 360's to help out - but without ODST disks - they'll be useless :)

SO GUYS - BRING HARDWARE / DISKS / ETC :)  Enough Hardware = no need to cut rules.

STARTING EARLIER THAN 12:30 - we don't because of two things - traveling gamers, and gamers being lazy.  I've NEVER seen good results starting a tournament before 11am unless it was an event designed for the hardcore of the hardcore to attend.  We do an "E for everyone" and cater to the region, so yes, we start a bit late by some standards.  We'll be fine - with enough hardware.

--

PRIZES - Halo types have asked about the 150 - yes it does come from the Pot, as described on the Road to Supercon rules.  With well over 15 teams PRE-REGISTERED (see below for expectations...) - that'll be no problem...

...also - I'm not kidding here - HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS IN PRIZES / PIZZA / ETC being given away as door prizes, and 1-3rd.  Srsly, payout isn't a problem at this event.

EXPECTED TURN OUT?
Turn out for the last TCC event - pre-reg was out LONGER and sat around 60ish by the end of it - well over 120 people showed up...

This event's pre-reg wasn't out as long, but is sitting over 40.  That means by the average rule of thumb - 80 to 100+ people showing up.  We know we are against Finals for some, but even with that, it's looking to be a great event.  Trust me - if people don't show up, they are just missing out on prizes at this point anyway lol.  (date = best for TCC, and last chance we could get, sorry, would have pushed it back if we could.  Don't worry, TnT is coming, and if you think the prizes for THIS are awesome, wait till you get a look at Junes multi-thousand $$ lineup for HALO alone...  Will tell you more tomorrow!)

OH YEA - TABLETOP AT OUR EVENT - Moncon is bringing demo's to check out!@# - http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php/topic,3020.0

OKGAMERS T-SHIRTS / HOODIES - we'll have the last available at this event.  We are looking into special Road to Supercon shirts, but that'll be a new design and dated - grab the last of the OKgamers stuff before it's gone!

PRE-REG CLOSED.  SEE YOU TOMORROW - don't be late, bring cash for entry and any food or drinks yo, and HELP WITH HARDWARE!  ( and use the elevator to bring it up :) )

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline 2AMPd

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: AMP zyx
I'll be there of course (:
There's two things I hate:
1. Liars
2. People who lie in their sig

You sir are a perfect 2/2

www.twitter.com.com/OK_Updates

I'mma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony

Offline DigitalHypnosis

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
That means by the average rule of thumb - 80 to 100+ people showing up

Really?

Offline Crazd

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Halo 3 stream is live.

OKgamers - Tulsa

Offline Crazd