Author Topic: Tulsa - Tulsa Comic and Anime Expo, Video Gaming - Sept 19 & 20th, 2009  (Read 34304 times)

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
Re: Tulsa - Tulsa Comic and Anime Expo, Video Gaming - Sept 19 & 20th, 2009
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2009, 05:58:49 pm »
Just so long as we have at least 8 setups - we'll definitely have 4v4 and 2v2 going.  Worse case, we can do 2v2, or 4v4 and split screen...

...which for Halo - at this point, we should be able to guarantee split screen 4v4.  THE MORE HARDWARE THE BETTER - so we are still needing hardware, don't slack off - 2 full days of LAN'ing with random new competition just walking in the door?  You just don't get that very often.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Naka

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2009, 02:08:04 am »
Would you have a tournament for FEAR: COMBAT. It's my fav fps game that i play with my freinds and some family. If there were enough people to make it into a tournament would it? ???

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2009, 08:43:32 am »
Would you have a tournament for FEAR: COMBAT. It's my fav fps game that i play with my freinds and some family. If there were enough people to make it into a tournament would it? ???

If there is enough Equipment / People to support it Then yes we could do a tournament with it.

Offline Xx NTATurok xX

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2009, 05:31:48 pm »
Hmmm last time in TiT they said they were going to hold a GH and Rock Band tournament. And guess what? They lied.  They said "not enough people showed up" when there were 6 people that showed uppecifically for the gh tournament.  Is this tournament going to be the same way? I mean I'm just trying to save gas money, because I drove 3 hours to TiT from Durant, OK to specifically play in the GH tourney and they made up some lame excuse for not having it.

DarkWraith56

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2009, 10:29:03 pm »
About the guitar hero tournaments at TnT, we had it printed that if not enough people showed then it wouldnt be held, we've always had that rule there has to be at least 8 people there.

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2009, 11:56:59 pm »
I might be going to this one. I don't really care about the tournaments and such. If there's free play of a game I want to play, I'll probably play for a bit. A tournament? Even better.
I mainly just want to go for anime and such.

However, my mom has something she's doing on the 19th, and I have no idea if she has to work on the 20th or not...
360 Live Gamertag: SulkiestSun

Someone had already taken makosira and sira... Who the heck uses 'makosira' besides me? o_O

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2009, 04:36:15 am »
I mean I'm just trying to save gas money, because I drove 3 hours to TiT from Durant, OK to specifically play in the GH tourney and they made up some lame excuse for not having it.

And while DarkWraith is 100% correct about the 8 man limit, I wish you'd had been more vocal at the actual event so that the TO's could have known this. 

USUALLY - we won't continue with a tournament for anything less than 8 people because well - it's a competition - if it's just a few people, most will drop out anyway - and when there's a fee to enter, that's not very fair.  We've found in the past - that almost all gamers rather not play in a small tourny and just have their time for freeplay, etc.

...HOWEVER - we've thrown 6 man tournaments, etc, at some events because someone like yourself simply voiced their concern - we polled the players, and held it.

We are only as informed as you, the gamers makes us - please don't say we lied when it was posted, and we were trying to do what's best for everyone involved.  Gauranteed if there's 4 people that show up for a tournament at this event and state they wanna play no matter what, ESPECIALLY with someone coming all the way from Durant, etc?  We'll have that tournament.

--

Makosira - I don't know where you live but there is limited bus service to downtown on the weekends - you might check in and see if your on the route or around it.  I know working downtown that used to be the case at least.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2009, 10:35:22 am »

Makosira - I don't know where you live but there is limited bus service to downtown on the weekends - you might check in and see if your on the route or around it.  I know working downtown that used to be the case at least.

X A

I think there are a few bus stops around Broken Arrow, but I'm not sure(and somewhat doubt) they go to downtown Tulsa. Not real sure. I could always check, though.
360 Live Gamertag: SulkiestSun

Someone had already taken makosira and sira... Who the heck uses 'makosira' besides me? o_O

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2009, 11:57:38 am »
What about FF Dissidia tournament. I have a single AV cable cord, (nonHD cord) I can bring so we can watch on TV. Also I live in Broken Arrow. There are bus stops there and they do go into Tulsa. The only one I can think of right off hand is on 71st st between elm and aspen. Its right across from Rhema, the big church.

The difference between a liberal and a conservative is that the liberal will ask you to vote republican while a conservative gives facts and asks for you to decide

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2009, 12:56:52 pm »
What about FF Dissidia tournament. I have a single AV cable cord, (nonHD cord) I can bring so we can watch on TV. Also I live in Broken Arrow.

Ok lets be clear here.. To eliminate any more of the  "What about this game" Questions.

We can and will do any tournament for ANY Game Provided we have the following.

1. Equipment to support it (ie consoles, tv, copies of the game)
2. People...  Need at least 8 people.
3. Time to play it.

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2009, 02:19:39 pm »
I also have an xbox360 that I could bring with MVC2 as well as 3 maybe 4 working controllers. If you guys are stilll hurting for box's

The difference between a liberal and a conservative is that the liberal will ask you to vote republican while a conservative gives facts and asks for you to decide

Offline FLIP17

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • THIS IS SWAAAAAGTASTIC
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Flip17
tulsa anime expo (sry new thred)
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2009, 10:51:50 am »
just wondering why world tour?

GH5 just came out and with party play it'd be an easy win

Offline ultimate faust

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2009, 08:27:28 am »
im coming up there from bethany i am THE street fighter 4 player from down here.

anyone down for some munny matches? :O

Offline Outcast

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2009, 11:47:29 am »
Wow, this sounds really awesome, but since a couple of my 360 controllers stopped working, I really don't have the hardware needed for the BYO games.

I've never actually been in a competition, since I mostly just play at home, but if I could find somemore info and maybe figure out which games I'd be able to play, you could probably catch me there.

Offline Simiyic

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2009, 12:47:16 pm »
unless this forum page starts filling up with halo players i will not be coming, waste of gas money