Author Topic: World of Warcraft - Oklahoma guild  (Read 13916 times)

Offline akamaru07

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Akamaru07
World of Warcraft - Oklahoma guild
« on: September 16, 2010, 09:17:17 pm »
I would like to start a guild before cataclysm and comprise it of people in Oklahoma.  I'd like to also do live events such as lan party's etc centered around our guild.  Please post here if you are interested.  A few things I would like to know are what realm you are on, if you are interested in transferring servers, if you have a server preference, play times, location in Oklahoma, and faction preference.

I've been in and lead a few local guilds before and would like to do it again.

Ideas for guild
-once a month lan party raid night
-group activities in and out of game
-general friendliness and a tight knit group
-include casual and hard core players, PvP and PvE players

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
Re: World of Warcraft - Oklahoma guild
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 11:56:05 pm »
This has been Discussed and Mulled over time and time again.. About every 6 months.

Basiclly..

Not happening..

Reason Why :

1. No one wants to quit their current guild (Established Friends / or Guild Rules Prevent it)
2. No One wants to Re-Roll / Pay to move another server / or Even Decide on a Server for that matter
3. Logistics of it all.. If this was Day 1 of WoW or maybe even the First year of WoW. Id say this would be Possible. But How many years are we into WoW? Several.. 

I know of at least 4 Oklahoma Based Guild 2 of which are not accepting anymore players. Im unsure of the other 2.

I've had a Website www.oklahomawow.com  I didnt do a good job of Advertising it but there are a few people on there. Might check around on there.

Good Luck to ya though..

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 01:03:45 am »
screw WoW, play Vindictus. I got 2 beta keys to hand out if need be

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 11:02:01 pm »
are you on west server?

add bees if you are

Offline Kylesims

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 11:18:55 pm »
Hey, I dunno if this is still up in the air, but my brother and I are interested in finding an Oklahoman guild for WoW..

He's got an 80 Enhance shaman and a prot Warrior that may be going fury or arms come Cata.. He's on Azuremyst and Firetree, and does not mind transferring.

I've got an 80 Fire mage and Enhance shaman as well (My shamans better geared then his), and both of mine are on Wyrmrest Accord - I'm also not against transferring.

We'd like to transfer to either an RP or a PvE server though, and something where server time is the same as us.
My character names are Kaldias and Rahalin, his is Hurk on Firetree and.. Episcopis (I think?) on Azuremyst.

Offline willferal

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 07:41:20 pm »
I would be interested in an oklahoma guild. If its horde i would transfer if not i'll be starting a worgen druid. currently I have 3 lvl 80s  druid, priest, and pally. Im mostly looking for a casual guild for the social aspect.  I do take raiding serious but not at the expense of family and friends. If something gets started let me know here or ingame.  Im on kalecgos. horde. tree/kitty druid named wíllfèrál.

Offline Michael Jackson

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • PSN ID: Paxmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 12:56:41 pm »
A slight deviation from the original topic, but how's everyone enjoying the expansion?

I'm lovin' the new stuff to do... Heroics, Tol Barad, the new raids, questing in the new (and old) areas, virtually everything except Archaeology... Eff That ShnizNoz...

Anyone else hittin' the raiding hard and fast like a $2 'woman of the evening' on $1 day?  I got my sweet tier shoulders off Cho'Gall a couple days ago and we're 11/12 now, however we didn't get to try Nefarian at all unfortunately.

Did this Oklahoma guild every come to be?

Let's get a live thread here OKGamers people!

Offline Sysyphus300021

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: sysyphus300021
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 07:54:36 pm »
I have been playing since beta and playing holy paladin since release. I have a lot or raiding xp so if there is an okc guild that will let me be a full raid member then I am down. The good guilds on my server have full core raid groups. I am willing to spend $40 to get on a local guild that will raid once a week at least.  O and got tattoo work today so drinking and may have a few spelling/grammar errors.

If you want add [email protected] to your friends list in wow if you want. We can talk between realms now.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 10:02:52 am by Sysyphus300021 »

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 10:16:16 am »
I have been playing since beta and playing holy paladin since release. I have a lot or raiding xp so if there is an okc guild that will let me be a full raid member then I am down. The good guilds on my server have full core raid groups. I am willing to spend $40 to get on a local guild that will raid once a week at least.  O and got tattoo work today so drinking and may have a few spelling/grammar errors.

If you want add [email protected] to your friends list in wow if you want. We can talk between realms now.

Ive been trying to incorporate something like this to our ladder site because we can give out xp and keep track of w-l .... keep me posted please.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Ashley

• Startin' Out
  • I dps in heels =)
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: MurderTramp108
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 01:47:30 am »
Me and my hubby just moved to Oklahoma from Cali and I think a local guild would be sweet!
Ive always been a geek at heart, I have a couple 85's and some other random toons. So does he.
We're on Tichondrius at the moment, west coast realm.
But we used to invite our friends over and have LAN nights.
Anywho, if anyone knows of a local guild and what realm its on, I'll re-roll or whatever!
Lemme know <3
 8)

Offline Sysyphus300021

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 02:54:55 pm »
Ok here is a list of realms that are central time zone and server is in Chicago. I vote we use one of these. Lets start by getting everyone who may want to join to list their current realm, if they are listed below. We will go with the server with the most member already. Im on Blackhand now. If there is not a majority then I will just pick a random server.  I am just trying to get the first part started which is getting a realm. So let me know if this seems like a good place to start. After we get a server picked I will move over to that server and start the guild asap.

PvE   Alexstrasza   
PvE   Alleria   
PvP   Balnazzar   
PvE   Blackhand   
PvP   Cho'gall   
PvE   Garona   
PvP   Gul'dan   
PvE   Hellscream   
PvP   Illidan   
PvE   Kael'thas   
RP   Kirin Tor   
PvE   Ravencrest
PvP   Stormreaver   
PvE   Whisperwind

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 05:01:33 pm »
Ok here is a list of realms that are central time zone and server is in Chicago. I vote we use one of these. Lets start by getting everyone who may want to join to list their current realm, if they are listed below. We will go with the server with the most member already. Im on Blackhand now. If there is not a majority then I will just pick a random server.  I am just trying to get the first part started which is getting a realm. So let me know if this seems like a good place to start. After we get a server picked I will move over to that server and start the guild asap.

PvE   Alexstrasza   
PvE   Alleria   
PvP   Balnazzar   
PvE   Blackhand   
PvP   Cho'gall   
PvE   Garona   
PvP   Gul'dan   
PvE   Hellscream   
PvP   Illidan   
PvE   Kael'thas   
RP   Kirin Tor   
PvE   Ravencrest
PvP   Stormreaver   
PvE   Whisperwind

question could this be used in a tournament format? or a season? Our site has a ranking system and Ive been pushing Plasmaburn to use this kind of format.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Sysyphus300021

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 05:19:40 pm »
I guess I just dont understand what you mean by tournament format? My idea with the guild is casual raiding/social. Im cool with a ranking system just please explain more. Sorry. Also looking to do pvp/bg stuff too. Contact me on xfire sysyphus300021 if you want to talk through that.

Offline Ashley

• Startin' Out
  • I dps in heels =)
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: MurderTramp108
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 08:49:05 pm »
I'll make a chick on Blackhand.
Im pretty bored with my girls anyway so I'll make a new one.
Are you alliance or horde?
You can Real ID friend request me, [email protected].

Offline Sysyphus300021

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 11:16:56 am »
Im alliance. I will add you now. Get your husband to join too. Blackhand is a good server and would be a good place to us. Im not trying to just make people move to my server I will pay the fee if needed. If we can get 5-10 people to get on a server I will make the guild.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 11:23:14 am by Sysyphus300021 »