Author Topic: 3-11-07 Tournament  (Read 2442 times)

sok

3-11-07 Tournament
« on: March 11, 2007, 11:06:49 pm »
I had a good time tonight playing Melee.  But I think there was some kind of mix up with brackets.  Can someone tell me what happened?  Micah and I brought six of our friends out, and we didn't get to play any of them.  And we had to play team Koreans twice.  One of my friends told me that they cheated or something, and I saw that Saif was really pissed off.  I'm not angry or anything, I would just like to know what happened.

Coolsvilla

Re: 3-11-07 Tournament
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 12:01:35 am »
Wow, cheating?
I had to leave early to take my brother home because he has an early curfew, so I missed playing Melee with you guys. :-\
It looked like it was going to be fun but if someone was cheating, that sucks. -_-;

Offline Icychiller

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Hitech redneck gamer
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Icychiller
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 12:43:02 am »
sup sok no no no no one cheated..kinda...the koreans switched up the brackets to play saif as a joke becuase they no each others moves and thats y saif got pissed..but saif and koreans got beat out anywayz so there was no cheating they did it to mess with saif as i had mentioned so its all good..but as for oyu to play em..sorry bro they are sum hardkore chubs..you should play me @ sum halo 2 ..yea cuz i suck in all..lol

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 01:01:04 am »

To clear things up:

I apologize if I started any confusion, and such.  I hadn't eaten in about 8+ hours, and the stress of that tournament plus the stress of the 2 other tournaments that day had amped my reaction - which was to be VERY frustrated with my friends.

Which - my 2 'Korean' friends are the trouble makers here - but not iintentionally or to create an unfair advantage in the Smash tournament, simply in poor taste, and unknowing.

I know MANY of you that were there - have probably been to other tournaments, etc.  They have not.  Beyond the tournaments OKgamers have thrown, they've never been to a tournament.

They are good friends.  So - when they simply 'wanted to play us' - they thought it'd be fun / okay to just switch the brackets.

This was clearly not the case as it effected the purity of the brackets: all people want is a fair chance in a tournament.

Now - I don't truly feel they messed up the tournament really, and other than maybe my team, didn't take away anyone elses fair chance.  The people that won, would have won one way or another.  Maybe my team would have been eliminated by Team X, etc, etc.   However it had came down to 8 teams.  Those 4 teams effected by the switch may have faced a different opponent, but in the end, the damage was only to my team and a bit of the purity I strive for.  Everyone just wants a fair tournament, and I strive to never provide less.

They know they were wrong, and won't do it again.  Sorry for a bit of frustrated Saif mode - because they WERE my friends, I went off on them more lol.  And because they are my friends, and don't know the horror that are SKEWED brackets - they made a bad call.  Won't happen again.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 01:07:02 am »

For actual aftermath conversation - let's use the thread! -

http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php?topic=294.msg3628#msg3628

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!