Author Topic: Atten: "Other" types of gamers.  (Read 2865 times)

Offline Hollywood

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Atten: "Other" types of gamers.
« on: August 29, 2006, 02:14:28 pm »
We've apparently brought the FPS's out, the fighter's out and what not but what about the other type of gamers?

Anyone play...
Games online (ie. WoW, Starcraft, etc.)?
Pen and paper roleplaying (ie. World of Darkness, AD&D, etc.)?
Card games (Magic: The Gathering, Yugimon, etc.)?
Board and tile games (Well, I think this would be easy for you)?
Miniature games (D&D Miniatures, WarMachine, etc.)?

If so please introduce yourself below along with the different games you play. Never know if you can find someone on here who may be a challenge to you, or willing to learn and advance in skill with you. A new opponent will always teach you something.
The charming, cunning, and oh so good looking...
O_-  Hollywood  -_O

Looking to improve on Modern Warfare Duece!
Gamertag = iDubya

Offline Hollywood

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Re: Atten: "Other" types of gamers.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 02:20:48 pm »
I myself...

Online:
I used to play WoW which I am thinking about getting started again. Also used to play SWG, EQ2, CoV, D&D:online, Starcraft, EVE: Online... more but I'll leave it there.

Pen and paper:
World of Darkness, atm.

Card games:
Magic.
The charming, cunning, and oh so good looking...
O_-  Hollywood  -_O

Looking to improve on Modern Warfare Duece!
Gamertag = iDubya

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
Other types? Nah, just gamers.
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 04:08:56 am »
I'd definitely say the focus of OKgamers.com started out alot smaller.

Console and Arcade video games.

Then, we realized - that was too small.  We kept it small in a way, to keep from competing with pre-existing PC / other kinds of gaming sites.  But really - we aren't.

OKgamers focus is a central one: to put all tournament and event information for gamers - on one page.  To make life easier, and get the word out about things around Oklahoma.

So - while the graphics / mood hasn't shifted yet fully, gaming of all types will be and is embraced.  I've got a guy looking to play more board games heading on here shortly.  We've embraced the FPS / Lan style stuff.  I hope that any Magic / card game style tournaments will start poping up on here soon.  So on, so forth.

For the 'non tournament' style gaming, I had little hope the site could help them.  Now after a while being exposed to the mediums - I realize they have events - and thus the site has adapted to have a 'tournament and events' section - to house that info.

One problem we run into - getting the word out about the site.  We've started up a 'Monthly Tournament' schedule of the second Sunday of every month being a tournament day, where we get at least a few games together and have good times.  This is to promote gaming and getting the site out there in front of people, but also I have the hopes that we can expand into multiple locations having gaming going down on the same day - as well as not just video game events as it is now, but card games, like Magic and so forth.

Life should be made easier.  The internet is a quick and great medium for spreading information.  Oklahoma needed a site to dedicate it's self to gaming tournaments and events, so - here we are.

X A

« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 04:13:26 am by X_A »
Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!