Author Topic: Official Oklahoma Halo Thread  (Read 78978 times)

Icyhiller

Official Oklahoma Halo Thread
« on: May 23, 2006, 08:33:31 am »

**EDIT

If your looking for halo players in a specific city?  Feel free to post a new thread clearly labelled:

"City - Halo 2 players?" or "City - Halo players represent!", etc, etc.

HOWEVER - all other halo online or offline player threads that are non-specific to a city or intended for the entire state - are now being combined in this local players thread.

Use this thread for all your halo competition searches that span the state, or are online with locals.  Remember  - POST ON HERE if your looking for those things, otherwise your thread will be merged with this one :)

X A

**End Edit

hey there my name is ryan weaver, play halo 2 all the time out here in wellston oklahoma..the town has alot of kids that play but mainly just 7 that are per say dedicated to it, but we each ahve an xbox our selves n our own tvs we take with us, that and we also havea 116 port hub with the 16 cat 5 cords to go with it, were just lookin for compatition and also to have fun, my xbox live gamer tag is Icychiller, and like i said i just want to have a big ♥♥♥ lan party with halo 2 ..pizza..maybe sum beer..lol...or whatever, and tulsa isnt that far from me usually ever summer we go to lake keystone near mannford...but if i had to drive to tulsa to have a tourny with you guys..i would..just hit me back and let me know what you think..see yea..

Ryan

check out our stats on myspace..www.myspace.com/thunderkrackerklan
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 07:37:08 pm by X_A »

Offline Icychiller

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Hitech redneck gamer
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Icychiller
HALO 2
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 10:40:21 am »
grrr..lol i hate thie keyboard the c doesnt work n less u smash the ♥♥♥♥♥ out of it..ne wayz my name is icychiller not icyhiller btw,, but yes i have alot of the essentials incase anyone wants to thorw a part im 2/m from wellston oklahoma which is maybea 1hr - 1hr 15 from tulsa i9 just take the turnpike up there, my email addrss is [email protected] my aim name as wel as my yahoo name is icychiller and my work sn is waterboys02 email me or whatever if anyone is interested and if you have a myspace thing my personal one is www.myspace.com/icychiller see yall lata

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
HALO 2
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 12:15:00 pm »
Hey, ACTUAL HALO PLAYERS!  lol.

Anyway - moved your thread into this new forum - as it's actually where your needing it, and I hadn't thrown this forum up yet ; )  I'll also try and get some more Halo hosting places up here re: what goes on in Tulsa at least - and incourage anyone else you happen to run into - as we get alot of traffic coming in and watching, just waiting for tournament announcements, heck half my search traffic is Halo based - so let's get in the game!

X A
Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

r33hash

HALO 2
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 04:01:15 pm »
I'm a Halo boy.

I attend MLG tournaments as a fulltime judge. I will be at every single Major League Gaming tournament of this season.

I'm lookin for local LANs and stuff.

r33hash

HALO 2
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 10:04:40 am »
Also, I forgot to mention where I am located.

I'm in the metro OKC area, close to Mustang and Yukon.

I might make a post in the tournament section regarding Major League Gaming.

Offline Pinkie

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
HALO 2
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 01:51:08 pm »
Bixby gamer here. Just right outside Tulsa. Live name is IxCptMorganxI if anyone wants to add me. I play in any tournament that I can find around here and love to LAN. E-mail me, message me, talk to me on Live just do whatever you want and we can try and set things up or talk about tournaments.

The_gamers_Messiah360

HALO 2
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 12:29:01 pm »
Another Bixby guy here. My xbox live name is Capt Corle if anyone needs a good add to their list, havent played in a while tho. Still as sharp as tack on there tho. I need some tourney action tho. Contact me for stuff like that.

Offline ICBALLS

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Stoned As We Play
    • View Profile
HALO 2
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 12:29:12 am »
i'm from jenks and okmulgee live name si ICBALLS

suikoden352

Re: HALO 2
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 05:13:37 am »
i'm from shawnee and my xbl name is MasterShake352

darien999345

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 10:27:43 pm »
i don't know how lan works but i live on OU campus so i guess anyone in that area i can play lan games with or something. :P but my xbox live is rahshogen. (PM me)

CobraHurley

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 01:33:11 am »
Im CobraHurley and i play live and will go to any lan party withen a fifty mile radius of okc and i throw a halo 2 tourney in early feb. i will contact you guys next time it happens i may need stuff so stay active.
i live in the metro 

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2006, 08:40:05 pm »

Here you go guys -

http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php?topic=48.0

Vote in Halo as a event.  Also, who can help me with hardware / running this?  If I provide the venue and some TV's / yea - am I going to get any help with consoles, and possibly someone interested in running this?  Running wise - I can get that taken care of if not.  But - the actual console, that's something different.  Also, I've asked around for another place to host this part of the monthly tournaments - we'll see.  If nothing else, I figure me and Spikey can make this work at Funhouse, but still - want to know what's up.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 04:03:20 pm »

So - halo players - help me out here.

Second Sunday.  October.  Tent. date for the first monthly tournament.  Need to have Halo at it. 

Funhouse - or Gamecrazy?

FH - we'd only have about 4 tables to work with - which should be enough but still, and you'd have to bring all your own hardware / yea to pull it off.

GC - I recently spoke with the guy in charge of the Admiral store.  He seems like a good guy, and the idea was thrown out to perhaps have the halo portion of the monthly tournament at his shop - and he said that would be cool.   He'd have all the hardware / yea.

Course - they'd be across town from it - so if you wanted to play in another tournament - that'd be hard for you / just depend on timing.

However, not knowing any of you personally, I'd not have to ask you to either run it, and/or bring hardware...  Which would be nice - as I hate asking strangers for things ;)

But ultimately - since I don't play, I don't know what's perferred.  Gentlemen - fill me in.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

CornBurner

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2006, 12:31:54 pm »
I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here too...

Equipment I can bring:

3-4 Xboxs
4-5 controllers
24 port hub
4 cat5 cables
3 copies of halo 2
2 televisions

Ideas for tournament:
Single elim team based slayer?
double elim team based objective(CTF)/slayer?

you could do 2v2's or 4v4's.... 3v3 would be ideal 

Tremor

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 02:43:08 pm »
Hello everyone.  I live in the Tulsa area.  I have competed in 3 tournaments held by Blockbuster. Two of those were doubles and one was a 4 man team.  I also competed in a 4 man team tournament at Cyberzone in Tulsa.  That tournament was for a thousand dollars.  I have 3 xbox live names.  I havent been playing a whole lot lately.  Mostly due to all the cheating but I have been looking for something to get back into it.  My xbox live names are I Tremor I, Project86fan, and Carlsfreakincar.  I am friends with Cornburner and right now he is using my Carlsfreakincar tag.  It is nice to meet all of you and I hope to see you at a tournament or two.