Author Topic: Excuse me sir, I play the HALOZ  (Read 3680 times)

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: eighty8keyes
Excuse me sir, I play the HALOZ
« on: August 05, 2008, 01:17:24 pm »
Just played Halo CE on for Windows.

Ummm ouch, it's horrible (for me at least). Halo is meant to be played on a controller and using the keyboard is a pain, although the layout is pretty decent, but still lacking. Also the game looks horrible even at max resolution (1440x900 for me).

I think I will stick to XBOX versions. Anyone else played HCE on PC? Your thoughts welcome. I think I will have keep with my UT2004 for PC.
GT: Eighty8keyes Haloez and anything else I might be playing.

Offline TH3 R3LIGION

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • No XBL FR
    • View Profile
Re: Excuse me sir, I play the HALOZ
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 01:31:28 pm »
yeah move halo the ze xbox but if you buy UT for the xbox i will personally kill you that game is only meant to be played on PC. anyone who argues otherwise is a moron who knows nothing about how much slower the game is on a controller.

DARK IM GOING TO SAY THIS ONE TIME, STOP GRIPING ABOUT UT FOR XBOX YOU ARE ACTING JUT LIKE SLIPKNOT AND ALL OUR OTHER LITTLE TROLL GAME FANBOYS, SHUT UP FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 03:56:35 pm by Rislone »
DO NOT SEND ME A FR UNLESS I KNOW YOU PERSONALLY

SEMI-PROS ARE HORRIBAD

Offline Sk8_to_die

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 02:30:46 pm »
Yes, The game on the computer is quite terrible.
It will and always has been meant for the console and controllers. =P

Offline uNlimited

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • GT: Taco Steeve
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 04:47:28 pm »
i got it for computer before i even had an xbox, i liked it just for online play(back then there was alot of people playing), but ut2004 is fun and will always be fun  :), well hopefully it will always be fun  :P
add me on live - gt - Taco Steeve
or on
myspace.com/taco_steeve
or on
WoW - Korialstrasz - TostadaTom 80 DK

Offline Splity

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • "My life style, determines my death style"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 09:04:04 pm »
I thought Halo was pretty fun on both the PC and the xbox. as for unreal i never played any of them on anything until I just bought Unreal Tournament 3 a couple of days ago and I think its pretty fun on the 360 so far.

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 02:01:37 am »
OK update. I played when I got home from work and guess what? It sucked even more. When it takes more than 3 melee's to kill someone and you still die it's crap. When you point blank shoot 20-30 plasma shots WITH A BANSHEE and they don't die, it's crap. When you see players that are jumping like 200 feet in the air? I'm calling hax, this game on PC (at least the trial version) sucks, and I mean bad.

Offline Splity

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • "My life style, determines my death style"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 09:19:31 am »
Yea the trial version isn't as great as the full version. You also have to be able to tell what a good host is cus your problems sound like lag to me.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 05:33:40 am »
OH NOES I PLAYED HALOEZ TONIGHT WITH DARK!!!!@#  I really need sc4/ps3 -_-

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

DarkWraith56

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 04:17:30 pm »
OH NOES I PLAYED HALOEZ TONIGHT WITH DARK!!!!@#  I really need sc4/ps3 -_-

X A

lol that was so funny i was so freaking tired my eyes were barely open...

Offline theimmortalmoo

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
    • My clan
  • XBL ID: immortal moo
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 05:37:17 pm »
Just played Halo CE on for Windows.

Ummm ouch, it's horrible (for me at least). Halo is meant to be played on a controller and using the keyboard is a pain, although the layout is pretty decent, but still lacking. Also the game looks horrible even at max resolution (1440x900 for me).

I think I will stick to XBOX versions. Anyone else played HCE on PC? Your thoughts welcome. I think I will have keep with my UT2004 for PC.
You must be kidding, Keyboard and mouse controls in FPS games Shine through on accuracy for FPS games, and tear through the competition of controllers  in RTS games

Offline theimmortalmoo

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
    • My clan
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 05:53:44 pm »
OK update. I played when I got home from work and guess what? It sucked even more. When it takes more than 3 melee's to kill someone and you still die it's crap. When you point blank shoot 20-30 plasma shots WITH A BANSHEE and they don't die, it's crap. When you see players that are jumping like 200 feet in the air? I'm calling hax, this game on PC (at least the trial version) sucks, and I mean bad.
Trial version...yea...your problem seems to be lag, and not just network lag. PC lag, what is your rig?

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 10:26:54 pm »
Trial version...yea...your problem seems to be lag, and not just network lag. PC lag, what is your rig?

I agree that some games are better with PC FPS controls (DOOM 3, Quake, UT) but definitely not Halo. There may have been some network lag, but it was confirmed by a friend that it was most likely wall hacks and others that detracted from the game itself (trial version only). My machine ran no lag at max settings and only had slight graphical issue (mostly due to running in Vista I assume).

Offline theimmortalmoo

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
    • My clan
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2008, 01:42:03 pm »

I agree that some games are better with PC FPS controls (DOOM 3, Quake, UT) but definitely not Halo. There may have been some network lag, but it was confirmed by a friend that it was most likely wall hacks and others that detracted from the game itself (trial version only). My machine ran no lag at max settings and only had slight graphical issue (mostly due to running in Vista I assume).

Yea, the trial I did notice some diffrences, we played it at tech when i attended, My copy was acutally stolen from me by a ...person....who also stole my GTA san adress for PC