Author Topic: ok..  (Read 4959 times)

xprodigygaming

ok..
« on: October 10, 2011, 08:46:07 pm »
ok just delete my posts and threads, i do not think i am at the right site, i was looking for a site to advertise and to do some tournaments and have fun, with the additional pro's of not having to waste gas. so obviously you guys are looking for something different, it would help if the staff would talk to one another after they talk to someone, because i was told something was ok and then i did it and i got harassed about it, so thanks for your forum but i do not think i am welcomed. goodbye.
        - Xprodigygaming

Offline 2AMPd

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: AMP zyx
Re: ok..
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 08:50:34 pm »
Why would you post this in Tournament Planning and Hype haha, you need to stop being so defensive and listen to what the mods are telling you. I read all your threads and you made the same mistake in all of them, yet continued to do it.

www.twitter.com.com/OK_Updates

I'mma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 12:56:05 am »
You are getting discouraged way to easy. The very thing that I talked to you on the phone about this ish is not all fun on the business side bro I know, you cant just host tournaments to be cool and think everything will go smoothly. Take the negative feedback and tweak it.. I host sick tournaments get sponsors and people are going to complain regardless.. Yet all the mods were saying was please post some kind of measure of how you can prove it would be oklahoma based. Because the internet is a full blown advertisement OKg is an OK market. Your events on the site is still needed but in the right thread.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 02:35:36 am »

Because xprodigy has provided some "Feedback" on our system, I've moved this thread to the Site Improvements forum - for any additional conversation to be taken seriously...

(Seriously?  Because every forum has it's purpose - and if this is feedback on OKgamers, it should be here.  Chat - is random; and every other forum, like this one - has a specific purpose.)

ok just delete my posts and threads, i do not think i am at the right site, i was looking for a site to advertise and to do some tournaments and have fun, with the additional pro's of not having to waste gas. so obviously you guys are looking for something different, it would help if the staff would talk to one another after they talk to someone, because i was told something was ok and then i did it and i got harassed about it, so thanks for your forum but i do not think i am welcomed. goodbye.
        - Xprodigygaming

You are running online events.  That's great - we've clearly stated in our T&E Forum Read Me - where to post online events...

...also, as the T&E forum states (or used to, before being even more clarified...):
Here's where you find out about gamer events coming soon to an Oklahoma near you. Show off your skills to complete strangers or bring a friend. Or, do you know about that next big Viva Pinata tournament? Bring it on! We want to know what YOU have planned.

That forum is for events coming to Oklahoma. 

We even go into detail in the Read Me as I recall?  That if we allowed any and all online events NOT OK focused - our site would be over ran, and become useless to it's original and dedicated purpose.

All I can assume - is you did not read these threads as requested.

And looking at your forums?  I can see - http://xprodigygaming.webs.com/apps/forums/

No Rules pertaining to conduct.
No real rules outlining what to post where.  Sure - forums have descriptions - but they are short, and questionable.

Your descriptions that are there - short, and not grammar checked.

I'd assume?  Your starting out.  Haven't had the chance to put your site through the bug testing, etc.  That's cool, no one is born with this info, and OKgamers has definitely had to work on it's rules too, starting out with none as well.

However.  OKgamers.com is coming up on 6 years of serving OK.  We've already made our decision on Online events, and have asked that any new poster to the T&E forum read our Read Me's to know what our rules are.   OKgamers.com is a free resource, actively promoted throughout the state - we don't feel it's asking much to review a rules thread.

--

The site is for Oklahoma Gamers.  We want to facilitate finding local events, and competition.  We are very much - focused on "IRL".

As for accusing our "staff" of wrong doing?  You give me names of who you talked to, copy and paste emails into our contact form?  We'll make sure we don't have this problem again.  We make sure people don't lead anyone astray.

Otherwise?  I'm going to assume once again - you unfortunately did not read titles, or go through our main contact form - and so I don't know who told you what.  You had OKgamers.com logo up on your site - if someone came to us and asked about it - would that have made us staff?  If I told them you only really ran Hello Kitty Island Adventure tournaments - would you have backed that?   Just because someone posts on OKgamers, doesn't make them staff :)  Please make sure your future efforts online include reading the requested documentation - you'll save yourself some time, and evidently trouble?  Sorry you feel unwelcome, keep in mind - every thing you've ran into was already posted well before you ever joined the site.  Feel free to join again, and use the general chat forum to promote your Online events - but post outside of the "Chat Forum" - and you'll be subjecting yourself and your content to the rules and Read Me's of said forum.

You can rest assured - because of your confusion I'll be adding additional content to the descriptions of the forums so that a bit more blunt statement is made on a few aspects.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!