Author Topic: Get to know your OKgamers - First posts and New Chat  (Read 224044 times)

Offline Twitch73

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Get to know your OKgamers - First posts and New Chat
« Reply #315 on: July 04, 2011, 12:10:00 pm »
STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL or shall we now say IMPRRRRRROOOOOOVVVEEEEE is BBBBAAAAACCCKKK =)
O Lawdy
"Best Poster in Oklahoma"

Offline ImPROvE

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Xx ImPROvE xX
« Reply #316 on: July 05, 2011, 07:30:08 pm »
I need a team for TnT

Offline Twila27

• Startin' Out
  • Yes, 18 with a manly beard.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube User Page
« Reply #317 on: July 17, 2011, 02:48:05 pm »
Hello, my handle's Twila27. Derived from birthdate and a Mario Party 6 character, it's been my screenname forever, despite the rather suspicious gender ambiguity. But I am a guy, and in person the facial hair clears up any doubts fairly effectively. XD

As far as gaming goes, I've got two younger brothers and it's always been local multiplayer offline for as long as I can remember. Though I never got into the Soul Caliber, etc, etc franchises, Smash's always been a family favorite. Not that I claim to be a master of knowing how many frames it takes to recover, or that the removal of wavedashing in the transition from Melee to Brawl deeply grieved me, but I'm certainly competent if nothing else~

I mainly just like to have a good time, I'm not really a fan of big, bloody feuds or hate wars...Ah, and I also love to watch others and see how they get into it. Maybe if I spent more time learning a system I could improve, but I've never really gotten an incentive to do so. The majority of my games lately have been single-player experiences, online networks never really appealed perhaps because I'm a bit intimidated by how fast and random it all can get (though I've played Halo a good number of times at friends' houses and had a blast).

Most of my time does get spent online, chatting with people from the Touhou Project roleplaying community and otaku stuff at large. So a lot of MSN, Chatango, etc...*shrug*! But then yes, OKgamers came up recently again (I posted about it in the other stickied thread), so I thought maybe it would be a good idea to try and get my feet wet, so to speak. I'm very interested in the idea of advancing the game scene in Oklahoma, though my current plans have me wondering if OSU will have healthy anime/gaming clubs. Anyway! Nice to meet you all!
Touhou Project, anyone?

Offline dejayy3000

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
    • ''
  • SEN ID: irollUSD
« Reply #318 on: August 24, 2011, 09:14:33 pm »
HEY!

PC and PS3
LoL, SC2, Counter strike source
cod, little big planet,

trying to get back into all the games i left behind! seen a guy in a okgamers tshirt and i remember about this site from a midnight release i went to. glad to be apart of this place! :D

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 06, 2011, 08:11:39 pm »
Uh, I'm not really new, but I haven't been around in a while. Don't know if I'll remember to check back often or not, buuuut figured I should post here saying something.
360 Live Gamertag: SulkiestSun

Someone had already taken makosira and sira... Who the heck uses 'makosira' besides me? o_O

Offline XRG Preppy

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
    • XRG PRO Clan Website
  • XBL ID: XRG Preppy
« Reply #320 on: September 15, 2011, 09:41:21 pm »
Hey Guys new to the site and super excited about it. I'm defiantly an Xbox 360 Gamer and my choice of games are FPS and top is COD.
I'm very competitive but am laid back at the same time. I actually just started a new clan Called XRG ( XTREAM REAL GAMERS) and looking for Oklahoma gamers in the area to join and play some local and game-battles tourneys. We only have 2 games up at this time and they are MW2 and Black ops we have pro and rec teams and 3 to 4 different levels in each Division.
Come check us out and lets make OK Gamers Known.
I am also looking for a few select Gamers with LEADERSHIP qualities to run new games when we get them up and different Divisions Thanks guys hope to see you soon
 XRG Preppy

http://xrgpros.webs.com/     

Offline Nightmare_FG

• OKgamers Supporters
  • learned the ropes
    • View Profile
    • FaTaL Gaming
  • SEN ID: Nightmare_FG
  • XBL ID: Mozaaik
« Reply #321 on: September 27, 2011, 12:16:58 pm »
What's up guys, names Steven but everyone knows me as Nightmare. I am the leader/founder of the clan FaTaL Gaming

Offline MobileGameParty

• Startin' Out
  • Mobile Game Party brings the Games to You!
    • View Profile
    • Mobile Game Party
« Reply #322 on: October 27, 2011, 10:42:48 pm »
Hi all.  I am Stacey and I have been gaming since the early 80's on my Atari 2600.  LOL  I play a lot of Wii games and my sons' try to show me how to play Halo Reach and COD Black Ops.  I am not so hot.  I like Blur a lot.  I play a lot of PC games, too.  I started a mobile gaming business about a year ago.  I have mostly been doing kids birthday parties and some midnight releases for Best Buy and GameStop in Norman.  I just found this site and I am checking it out.  I really want to get into doing more tournaments.  A lot of mobile game theater owners that I talk to have regular tournaments.

Glad to see a site for OK Gamers!

Offline Dark Okie

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 17, 2011, 05:09:55 pm »
Greetings,

My name is Bill, and I am a PC and tabletop RPG gamer.  I think what you all have done here is great!

Offline Imitate

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: LMLTATE
« Reply #325 on: November 25, 2011, 03:38:29 pm »
Alex Tate from Tulsa here, I just turned 22, Xbox 360 gamer: Gears 3, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Halo. Mostly Just Gears and CoD right now though. Just joined up to find people to play with, tournaments, Gamebattles or just whatever. Hit me up on xbox, gamertag - lMlTATE (The l's are lower case L's)

Offline Ex1le

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 18, 2012, 07:56:46 pm »
Hey guys, the names Paul, I'm 22 and I just moved to the Tulsa area. I'm from Arkansas and while I still lived there I was actively involved with the NWALAN and FSLAN crews. We held LAN events about every 3 months or so with an emphasis on first person shooters and usually had turnouts in excess of 50 people. I just recently found out about this site through a friend of mine who is attending your event on the 21st and so I've decided to do the same. I have fairly extensive experience with setting up and managing LAN's up to 100 people or so and would like to extend my skills to the coordinators if they could make use of them during setup or tear-down. As far as gaming goes I tend to play a little bit of everything from Call of Duty to Dota 2 to Tribes or Minecraft. If there's a way to win it I'm interested in giving it a try. I'm not much of a console gamer but I do enjoy the occasional game of Smash even though I suck. I was really happy to find out that events like this are happening in Oklahoma and I look forward to meeting all of you in person.

I LOVE TAFFY

Offline Courtney Blake

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Courtney Blake
« Reply #327 on: January 23, 2012, 02:57:45 pm »
Whats up, Pretty chill semi nerdy gamer from Norman.

I play a lil world of warcraft, and xbox.

not going to flood the thread with my life story, if there's somethin you wanna know ask.

Offline zolarie

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
    • GameXChangeTulsa.com
  • SEN ID: zolarie
  • XBL ID: zolarie
« Reply #328 on: January 30, 2012, 01:56:20 pm »
So I just realized I never made an "about me" post. I've been on here for a couple of years now, but don't post very often. I used to work at GameXChange and was one of the Event Coordinators there, so most (ok, nearly all) of my posts have been related to that.

Hi, my name is Greg. As I said, I used to be a manager/event coordinator at GXC. Now I'm an aspiring game/graphic designer. As for what I play, just about anything.

Tabletop: I've played a LOT of D&D. Started in 2e, mostly played in 3 and 3.5, with a smattering of 4. I've also played quite a bit of WoD and I miss it. Played very little Rifts and Palladium verse and would love to play more.

CCG: Mostly played Magic and Star Wars (the original one) but don't play much anymore. I also have a deck or two in a few others but very, very rarely played them. The recent Magic games on PSN and XBL have renewed my interest a little and I recently bought quite a bit of Innistrad.

Board Games: Enjoy them, but rarely get a chance to play them.

Video Games: Ah now the really important stuff. My favorites are RPGs and I believe all games are made better with RPG elements. I especially like Tactical RPGs (all hail the Hypno Ichi, I mean Nippon Ichi and Atlus). I've said for many, many years that action RPGs are the ultimate genre, and Bethesda and Bioware are just about making me a prophet. I also play Action/Adventure, Racing, Shooters, Platformers, Puzzle, and even the occasional Sports game. I prefer single player and co-op games. I don't play competitive very often because skill wise, I'm stuck in a kind of no man's land. I'm usually better than most newbies but not quite good enough to consistently compete with the good players.

My preferred systems are PS3, PSP (soon to be replaced with Vita), and PC. I also have and love the 360 and NDS. Have and rarely play a Wii. I also have N64, SNES, NES, Sega Genesis with CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx16 (formerly with CD), and Atari Jaguar.

Offline sinned71

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 01, 2012, 10:53:36 pm »
Awesome places for Okie gamers I found here!!!
Hmm where do I start, I'll start here
Name: Dennis
Gaming Since: late '70's
Online Gaming Since: '98
Preferred Platform: PC
Preferred Gametype: FPS
Preferred Game (at the moment): BF3
Origin/Battlelog ID PC: sinned71 (add me)

Now for the about me. I started my infatuation with gaming when my dad got me an Atari 2600 way back in the day. My brother and I played that thing till we burned the power plug up. I have played every console since then until I found out about multiplayer gaming. Some friends of mine started telling me about playing a game called Delta Force and playing against people all over the world on the PC and I went directly out and picked up a PC and the game and haven't looked back since. Now I have played racing games on console but the shooters/gamepad combo just won't "do it" for me. I have played just about every multiplayer FPS since Delta Force like all the BF series, Rainbow 6 series, all the Delta Force series, and anything and everything  since. I play with the EVGA Gaming Community or =EGC= and have a lot of good times. Anyone who play BF3 on PC is invited to our servers for some great games. Anyway that's about it. Look forward to keeping up with these boards and think it's pretty cool to find a group of like minded people in the area.