Author Topic: Tulsa/Jenks - First Funhouse Soul Calibur 4 / SSBB ($150+) Monthly - 10/05/08  (Read 41631 times)

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA

EVENT OVER - Aftermath - http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php?topic=1638.msg20424#msg20424

--

Event -
Starting out this October 5th, Funhouse and OKgamers' begins their 6 month series of Soul Calibur 4 & Super Smash Bro's Brawl Monthly Tournaments!

This month will have additional cash thrown into the pot!  Read more below.

Why OKgamers helps?
We want to help out the SC4 and SSBB communities!  Also, monthly tournaments are held by some of the Tulsa area staff of OKgamers to get the word out about OKgamers.com - a site for Gamers in Oklahoma to post events and tournaments, get players together, and go to find out what's going on in our area.  Tired of hearing Oklahoma has nothing to do?  Want to help out the OKgamers cause of spreading the word, so we actually KNOW what's going on around the area?  -
 - Read more about our Goals
 - Join our staff!
 - Learn how College and HS students can get community service through volunteering with OKgamers!

We'll have these tournaments on the first Sunday of every month. [weather/schedule permitting] This is to make it easy to remember, and tell your friends.  Spread the word about the site - because it's a solution for the lack of communication about events for gamers in the area of Oklahoma!

Location -
Funhouse at the Riverwalk
500 Riverwalk Terrace, Suite 100
Map: Google Maps link

Questions about the new Riverwalk curfew?  Go here.

Games -
Soul Calibur 4 - 1v1
SSBB - 1v1
(SSBB - 2v2 - if we have enough time.)

Times -
SSBB 1v1
4:00pm - 4:45pm - Setup and Sign up [HARDWARE NEEDS TO BE HERE BY 4:45!]
5:00pm - Tournament starts [ WE WILL NOT WAIT!  Be on-time, back and ready @ 5pm please :) ]

Soul Calibur 4
5:00pm - 6pm - Setup and Signup [HARDARE NEEDS TO BE HERE BY 5:50pm!]
6:30pm - Tournament Starts

SSBB 2v2
AFTER SSBB 1v1.  If we can get SSBB 1v1 done by around 8, we'll consider doing a 2v2, after assessing interest, and hardware present.

PRIZES -
SC4 - 60/30/10 of pot
SSBB* - $166+ 1st, $78+ 2nd, $26+ 3rd 

*SSBB Cash Prize = BASED OFF 32 man bracket, and extra 100$ thrown in by Funhouse!  More people show up, the POT GOES UP!

Cost -
5$ location cost
This gets you 10$ in tokens. [Tokens are Funhouse tokens, to spend on DDR, Initial D, Time Crisis, Soul Calibur 3 AE, and other fun video games, as well as ticket games they have at that venue.]

YOU ONLY PAY LOCATION ONCE - playing in both tournaments?  You only need pay location fee once.

5$ tournament pot cost.  Any tournament you play in cost 5$, and goes into the pot for 1-3rd.

OKgamers staff make no money doing this, that's not what this is about - go read our goals.  This is all volunteer, in the hopes of improving Oklahoma by networking through one site for gamers.  Don't abuse staff, or give us a hard time - as we aren't getting paid to put up with it :)  Why?  See our 'guidelines' link below.

Soul Calibur 4 Rules:
Time: 50 Seconds, 2 out of 3 matches, 3 out of 5 for finals. 
Pausing forfeits the ROUND, Soft-Reset forfeits the MATCH
Button Mapping allowed before the beginning of the match
NO PAUSING - MAKE SURE you set your controllers before selecting a character!!

Weapon Select [OFF]
Handicap [OFF]
Neutral Guard [ON]
Stage Select [OFF]

Allowed:
Edit Colors

Banned:
BONUS CHARACTERS - banned
Yoda / Vader - banned
Any infinite banned
Custom characters banned
Customized characters banned. 

SSBB Rules -
* 3 stock 7 minute time limit
if there isn't a winner by the end of the time limit, then the winner is whoever has the most stocks. If stocks are tied it is whoever has LESS damage.
* all items are turned off
* if there are teams then team attack is ON

*Remaining rules pending final discussion - some tweaks will be made - see this thread for discussion.*

--Neutrals--
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

--Counterpicks--
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pok
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 01:22:32 am by X_A »
Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline TH3 R3LIGION

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • No XBL FR
    • View Profile
2 thoughts

1.) Awesome event, i miss the funhouse monthlies i may show just out of pure nostalgia

2.) Can we give you a reward for longest first post for an event in the history of okgmamers?
DO NOT SEND ME A FR UNLESS I KNOW YOU PERSONALLY

SEMI-PROS ARE HORRIBAD

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile

Uhm - sadly - there have been MUCH LONGER Event posts :)

FACEBOOK USERS - http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=73650260502

Go join the event :)

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline LionHeart9999

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
SSBM? Oh wow. oook then.

This sounds pretty great. It brings back a somewhat nostalgic effect for me too, except there's a pot for Smash, and I have an account here now. :)

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
I've never attended any of the monthlies for the funhouse, but the monthlies were before I joined up, I think. Anywho, I might go, but I may not join in on the tournies. Just to go for the heck of it.
360 Live Gamertag: SulkiestSun

Someone had already taken makosira and sira... Who the heck uses 'makosira' besides me? o_O

Offline PhLo

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
What's the reasoning behind the 4 stock for SSBB?

Most tournaments on smashboards run 3 stock as a standard. With that in mind, would it be in the best interest of okgamers to run a tourney to the standards of the community that it's catering to? Is there anything specific for this?

Just curious.
Thanks in advance
Formerly Stilly Crew.

Offline Punish3r

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • 1337 Filmmaker
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
I'll be there. I'm going to bring a friend or two to help with Volunteering through Tulsa Achieves.

I'll bring the camera along, since we should have much more room then we did at the last Brawl tournament.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
I'll be there. I'm going to bring a friend or two to help with Volunteering through Tulsa Achieves.

I'll bring the camera along, since we should have much more room then we did at the last Brawl tournament.

X_A I might come just to watch you play someone back wards.. Religion doesnt care.. he has an unbeatable team in Halo 3
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline loriencfau

• Media Mogul
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • I'm the best, but you're cool too.
    • View Profile
    • Metroglow Magazine
2.) Can we give you a reward for longest first post for an event in the history of okgmamers?

For real, man -- what's up with the epic-sized post? ;-)
Metroglow Magazine - Oklahoma City’s #1 independent entertainment magazine. Updated daily at 1PM

Offline AfroTastic

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
ahhhhh so hard to choose!

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
Re: Tulsa/Jenks - First Funhouse Soul Calibur 4 / SSBB ($150+) Monthly - 10/05/08
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 01:59:14 am »
SSBM? Oh wow. oook then.

This sounds pretty great. It brings back a somewhat nostalgic effect for me too, except there's a pot for Smash, and I have an account here now. :)

Yea yea - WOOPS - I meant SSBB of course -_-  Changed.  You know me - if we go ANYTHING older than SSBB - we go SSB64 - a real game ;)  (...that I can win at lol)

PhLo - to be frank, it WAS set at 3 - and I was told 4.  If 3 is the standard, and someone can be SURE SURE of that, I'll switch it back to 3.

Size of post = covering all the bases.  Quite frankly, this way there are less complaints, and more "make sure you read" statements instead of "woops we didn't cover that" lol.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline execute

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
Re: Tulsa/Jenks - First Funhouse Soul Calibur 4 / SSBB ($150+) Monthly - 10/05/08
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 11:29:11 am »
PhLo don't get too excited. Here is the reasoning. Most tournaments I have seen for brawl run 3 stock. However, gamebattles, which is the online ladder system for MLG uses 4 stock. So, that is probably where that came from. I don't see a major reason to switch off of 3 stock, because 3 stock makes tournaments run faster. I would like to make an amendment to the rules though. Add on there that the metaknight down b glitch is banned. It is banned at all tournaments, it is easy to perform and really just a lame stall tactic. Oh and hopefully I will be able to attend.

Offline TH3 R3LIGION

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • No XBL FR
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 11:32:16 am »

X_A I might come just to watch you play someone back wards.. Religion doesnt care.. he has an unbeatable team in Halo 3

Im going just to avenge my backwards loss. HAHA i have been flamed so hard from this yet it was so epic im not even mad

And yes my team is unbeatable, write it down
DO NOT SEND ME A FR UNLESS I KNOW YOU PERSONALLY

SEMI-PROS ARE HORRIBAD

Offline Tatsu

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: PSI Tatsuman
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 10:01:49 pm »
Huh, Tulsa...ouch.

That's about a 2 hour drive for me. Does sound like a pretty epic tourney though...

I'll come if I can. I'll bring a capture and 1 setup if I can make it.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 12:08:32 am by Tatsu »

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 11:49:15 pm »
*writing down unbeatable Halo team*  there we go!

ANyway, awesome I'll be going, I was just there today after eating with my Dad, my dad learned that Raiden Fighters was there and made me pay for him, so we went and I hung there for 2 hours, I mainly played Raiden Fighters but also some Soul calibur 3 AE, DoA 2 (which i've never played on Arcade, and never ever played in general til OVGE) and also MvC 2.  That jump rope thing is kinda addicting though, I jumped over 24 times on the 1 coin round but couldn't do it on the 24 round....makes me angry.