Author Topic: 40,000 Flyers! We have them! Operation OKg/TnT flyer roll-out begins!  (Read 2961 times)

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
Often, staff ask "well, can I be staff if I don't live in X city" - well, this is one of THE reason why we love to have staff from all over the state!

Because the upcoming event, Tokyo in Tulsa, loves us and wants to help us out as a result of us helping organize and run their game room, they've printed us 40,000 FLYERS!  So, we have offered to take their posters and flyers where we take ours, and pass them out as well!  Now, we finally get to spread the word about OKgamers to stores, etc!

What can you do?  Well, you need to work with the person closest to your area to get flyers!  Then, once you have them check out your local gaming, anime, and retail locations and see if they'll allow you to put them there!  Take a notepad with you, and keep track of WHERE you go!  We'll want to know who you hit up, and what you were able to leave - so we can check back up with them later, and also not hit the same places twice :)

WHO TO GET AHOLD OF TO GET FLYERS -
Tulsa Area - working with me, this list, and getting the word out!

OKC Area - TH3 R3LIGION will be handling this!  Soon he'll have them (has to run up here and get them from me ;))

Pan-handle / Woodward area - needed
Lawton area - needed
Other?

Tulsa - TnT will have hit alot of the local area - so you'll probably end up focusing more on OKgamers than TnT, just fair warning :)

Lower state / non-Tulsa - we REALLY need you to help us out on both OKgamers flyers and TnT flyers!  40,000 flyers is alot, and we really want to use our network to repay them!  We get flyers, they get people to take their flyers out some as well - it's a win win situation!  Thank's for helping us, and don't forget to report back where you put what!

WHAT TO DO WITH THEM -

Well, as I touched on earlier - we want to keep track of where you go.  Also, we realize some places such as Game Stop might allow you leave OKg flyers as the Tulsa managers have started to let us - however, they won't allow TnT flyers or posters.  We understand and expect that, so don't worry!  However we definitely want to try and hit as many places that will take both as possible to help pay them back for getting us so many flyers!

So A - get flyers / posters

B - go out to locations, and either ask for the manager, or flyer/poster options.

C - note where you went and what they let you leave.

Let me know via PM, etc - where all you hit!  We'll take that info and format it into a master Flyer info thread, adding to our existing Tulsa one!  Later we may make additional runs / re-fill runs - and will use this info!

What flyers you are dealing with -
OKgamers flyers - are as easy to give out as we get, small and easy to make room for.  With Game Stop's allowing them, and locally owned places already having a flyer area, it should be pretty easy to get these out! 

Tokyo in Tulsa flyers - the next easiest in size, however as it's an event, and not a site to help gamers, you may have some stores, especially like Game Stop - that'll only take the OKgamers flyers.  And that's fine!  Don't worry, place the OKg flyers, and move on :)   However, if they let you do both, we are paying TnT back for all the cost they went to for us to get us these flyers!

Tokyo in Tulsa posters - we have about 200 to spread out, and know not everywhere will have room or window space for such things.  However - asking can't hurt, and really helps out TnT!

Where to place them -
Where ever gamers go!  Also, since we are putting TnT flyers out with us, where you think anime fans might go :) Usually stores have a place to put flyers up - so just go with whatever they allow.  If they don't have anything setup, asking can't hurt!  Also, for the posters especially, see if you can place any in the windows!

Got a unique place?  Go ahead and leave a few flyers or even a poster if they allow it!  When I go into a new place, I always say to myself "I'll leave as many flyers as I can gamble might get thrown away" :)

AND REMEMBER - you ARE going to get no's.  That's fine - there are rules, regulations, and personal preferences you are going to run into.  We don't want to offend or be pushy, so just take no's in stride, and move on to the next.  Whatever you do - don't dwell, trust me, it gets you no where ;)

AND - let's be clear - doo nooooot spam, or put flyers up where they are not welcome!  There is no reason to get you in trouble, and we also don't want bad press or to waste flyers :)  Let the no's go, and put up and place as many flyers in places that let us as we think they'll need!

And that's about it!  If you can help us out with this, let us know by contacting your local provider for flyers and posters!

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline TH3 R3LIGION

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • No XBL FR
    • View Profile
Re: 40,000 Flyers! We have them! Operation OKg/TnT flyer roll-out begins!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 04:46:29 pm »
Also anyone in tulsa planning a trip to OKC, or vice versa, anytime soon please let me or XA know as i have no job currently and therefore no money for gas. Me getting to Tulsa is a bit of a problem right now so please let us know bc we need those flyers in OKC as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Th3 Religion
DO NOT SEND ME A FR UNLESS I KNOW YOU PERSONALLY

SEMI-PROS ARE HORRIBAD

DarkWraith56

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 10:38:51 pm »
LOL you shouldve told me way sooner because i was literally up there the entire weekend....

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 11:03:29 pm »

lol.  We win :)

Matt - I can throw a 10 or 20 your way if everything works out with my next pay yea.  Which I can't just assume as of late -_-  Anyway, worse case, we can figure it out if no one else is heading that direction.  I'll know more personally around Wednesday.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

DarkWraith56

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 10:13:15 am »
OK heres the deal im going down monday but it wouldnt be something where i could drive out anywhere( im going to be at the laserquest there with my coworkers) if you were to meet me there im pretty sure that i could get you some flyers and that they wouldnt mind at all about it.

Offline TH3 R3LIGION

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • No XBL FR
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 11:13:08 am »
fine by me
DO NOT SEND ME A FR UNLESS I KNOW YOU PERSONALLY

SEMI-PROS ARE HORRIBAD

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 12:04:33 pm »
fine by me

K, that means I'll be loading up Dark with flyers and posters soon!

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

DarkWraith56

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 12:21:26 pm »
lol yes yes i am a packmule...