Author Topic: Subject Title Information - How much is to much [or not enough]?  (Read 3828 times)

Offline Hollywood

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
So guys, I think that made sense up there, but just incase this is my attempt at clearing it up.

Right now our subject lines for tournaments goes as follows,
(City it's being held in) - (Game or event name) - (Date or dates of the event.)

In an example of the monthly tournaments we've started, "Tulsa/Jenks - Monthly Tournament - November 12th, 2006" is the format. Is that enough information to make it "check out able" or would you need to see "Tulsa/Jenks - Halo2, Smash64, etc - November 12th, 2006" or something along the lines. Also if its more important to see the area and game info or what.

Please let us know by voting and posting below.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 02:49:22 am by Hollywood »
The charming, cunning, and oh so good looking...
O_-  Hollywood  -_O

Looking to improve on Modern Warfare Duece!
Gamertag = iDubya

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
Re: Subject Title Information - How much is to much [or not enough]?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 12:16:50 pm »

Yea, personally I think area is enough - as I check anything in the Tulsa / BA / Bixby / surrounding areas.  I may not find a game I'm into - but my friends might be, and thus, I want to know if something is going on around me.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 02:35:38 am »

The titles are VERY IMPORTANT, even more now.

First off - a big thing about OKgamers.com - ease of use.  We want the forums - especially the tournament and events forum - to be 'easy to read at a glance'.  Thus the formatting...

So - that's a big reason to keep things clear and to the point.

HOWEVER - the titles of the most recent Tourny / Event forum threads?

Yea.  On every page on the site outside of the forum now.  The home page.  The sub pages.  All those.

And - they just fit / go into the side bar.  SO - if the titles get long and ugly - it'll look bad on the whole site.  Thus - my concern for keeping things short and to the point - and personally, hoping people just read what's in their area heh.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline The Monster Man

• Global Moderator
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 08:20:18 am »
Geez! Only three people have voted so far I'm gonna have to guess it was Hollywood and x_a that have vote besides me, well i think that's enough from me right now on this subject (sigh). Will check back here later to see how it is going.
OKgamers, the coolest place for me to go online...

MisterShock

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 12:53:00 pm »
I voted for “Area and game info are both essential. I would need to see both in the subject line before I look into it further” because I think we should have as much info as possible available in an easy to access way. I think this will encourage people to look into something just because they know what to expect a little better.

Offline The Monster Man

• Global Moderator
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 04:34:13 pm »
Yeah I think thats what I put tho I could be mistaken but yeah I think people are going to be looking at distance traveled over the type of game unless they are super asian super smash players(ha)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 10:12:16 am by The Monster Man »
OKgamers, the coolest place for me to go online...

Offline Hollywood

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 04:40:33 pm »
Yeah I think thats what I put tho I could be mistaken but yeah I think peolpe are going to be looking at distance traveled over the type of game unless they are super asian super smash players(ha)

You just said that area was more important then game information. Thats how Saif and I voted as well. Nice to know MisterShock is the minority so fars!

If its in your area, you should click to see anyways. Just to know whats going on in your "hood" should be worth it enough. Friends that come in out of town need something to do, give them info. Friends that you know that aren't on the site, but you know they play this game you know about in a tourney? Give them info. It works wonders.
The charming, cunning, and oh so good looking...
O_-  Hollywood  -_O

Looking to improve on Modern Warfare Duece!
Gamertag = iDubya

MisterShock

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 11:30:48 pm »
Ha, well like I said I'm just about as much info as possible. Obviously, if I can make it, I'll go to a tourney in this area regardless. I think its better for the site if as much info as is avaible is presented in an easy access way. This is all I'm sayin.