Author Topic: A Halo Movie  (Read 3152 times)

Offline Spawnkiller

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
A Halo Movie
« on: December 31, 2008, 09:32:10 am »
I am surprised that there has not been a Halo movie. They made movies from The Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. Both are OK movies, in my own opinion. But where is the Halo movie??? Why have we not seen the previews... and why is it keep being put on hold? One day its on and happening with a story and characters, and the next day it has been canceled. I would think that Halo would be the next big movie to come out. I have read all the books and, in my own opinion, the story is amazing. I would love to see some visual action here.

So I was wanting to know... Where do you think they should start? Halo: Fall of Reach or The Flood? Of course Reach would eventually show the Master Chief's face and some believe that is a sin. I personnally do not care if I see his face. I would suggest to start at Reach for the simple reason that everyone outside of the gaming community and not having read the books would be totally lost if they started the movie at The Flood. But I was wanting to hear some opinions from around the gaming community about this topic. Do you think they should make a movie? If they do, how big would it be? And would you wear all you Halo and MLG apparel? I would  ;)

And just a side note: If they do make the movie... I hope they do not butcher the story like they did with the movie DOOM. I mean really... a virus that turns people into zombies/super human freaks... that whole bit is getting old... The story in the game was better with a gateway to ♥♥♥♥♥ being opened.
May God have mercy on your video game character, cause I won't.

Offline Michael Jackson

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • PSN ID: Paxmo
    • View Profile
Re: A Halo Movie
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 10:44:53 am »
There will be one:

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo_(Film)

Summer of '09 live action with heavy CG work through Peter Jackson's group (the same guys who helped work on Lord of the Rings).

Offline uNlimited

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • GT: Taco Steeve
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 11:14:08 am »
a while back the issue was that they couldnt get a sponsor of something stupid like that, but i have no clue what it is now. but what im waiting for is the gears movie  ;)
add me on live - gt - Taco Steeve
or on
myspace.com/taco_steeve
or on
WoW - Korialstrasz - TostadaTom 80 DK

Offline Spawnkiller

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 11:42:18 am »
a while back the issue was that they couldnt get a sponsor of something stupid like that, but i have no clue what it is now. but what im waiting for is the gears movie  ;)

Oh god the gears movie is going to be amazing too.

Offline uNlimited

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 01:54:27 pm »
the only thing i have to say is that Lester Speight better be Cole  :P
or on
myspace.com/taco_steeve
or on

Offline ezknight.okceca

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Divine Knight Gaming
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 01:55:09 pm »

Oh god the gears movie is going to be amazing too.

Yeah... Just as amazing as every other game based movie ever made.

But from what I remember, Every studio that looked into it has turned tail and ran when they saw the budget compared to the profit potential when compared to the profits of every other hyped and failed video game movie.
--
E. Zachary Knight
Divine Knight Gaming

Offline SPRTN SnprSlick

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • SPRTNGaming
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 02:31:11 pm »
Yeah... Just as amazing as every other game based movie ever made.

But from what I remember, Every studio that looked into it has turned tail and ran when they saw the budget compared to the profit potential when compared to the profits of every other hyped and failed video game movie.

This is the correct answer to the thread.

Offline AfroTastic

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 04:26:08 pm »
Heavy CG work sounds promising but like every other video game movie ill just wait until the reviews role in.

Offline uNlimited

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 05:33:43 pm »
If anyone has seen the Halo: LANDFALL videos, thats probably what it will look like.
or on
myspace.com/taco_steeve
or on

Offline Splity

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • "My life style, determines my death style"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2009, 02:19:29 am »
I dont think theres any realistic way for anyone 2 make a "good" Halo movie thats based on the game. Anyone who plays the games will just look at it and say "Wow that movie was nothing like the game." On the other hand, the books would be a great way to start on the story.

Offline Spawnkiller

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 09:15:09 am »
How about not a movie but a series... kind of like stargate SG-1... which was terrible... but I think with good CGI a Halo series would be good. All I am wanting is some visual action here... who knows that might be what they would do... make a movie then go straight to a series. But thats only an idea.

Link777

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 01:11:11 pm »
I said no because I looked at the sight and they stopped it! but they had stuff left over like guns and warthogs! But master chief the on e was gonna play it was gonna be the Rock or something,The rock was in Scorpion King.

Jen_b

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2009, 07:05:26 pm »
i hope they do make one but hope it doesnt look as bad as the dbz movie. crash and burn on that one