Author Topic: Tulsa/Jenks - Monthly Tournament - 3/11/07 - Vote for Games here!  (Read 18523 times)

Offline LGPxSTEEEL

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Tulsa/Jenks - Monthly Tournament - 3/11/07 - Vote for Games here!
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2007, 07:07:58 pm »
i think we should do the same as the CompUsa tourny.

Then add a Halo 1 4v4 sunday?.... make a 2 day tourny.

we could have H2, FFA (Single Elim.), 2v2 (Single/double elim), 4v4 (Double Elim)

On a friday or saturday.

And have H1 4v4 saturday or sunday.

Offline LONEWOLF2021

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2007, 08:44:12 pm »
Here are some basic rules we can change future but here is what I am thinkin 2v2 Gow double elim. Lets do warzone no weapons swap 5 mins rounds ppl vote on the map and mb execution but with same rules also bleed out time is 20 secs. If you want any change thats fine with me also any glitch will result on a forfeit there will be a game of 3-5 rounds seems fair. There are just some basic rules any change is fine with me
THE CLOWN IS IN TOWN.

Coolsvilla

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2007, 09:12:31 pm »
I thought you guys wanted to play by MLG rules for everything? Not that I'm complaining or really mind what the rules are, but Gears MLG is:

Gametypes and Maps
Execution - Canals
Execution - Clocktower
Execution - Fuel Depot
Execution - Gridlock
Execution - Mansion
Execution - War Machine

Gametype Settings
1. Extreme Content = Off
2. Gametype = Execution
3. Number of Rounds = 5
4. Bleed-Out Duration = 30
5. Round Duration = 5
6. Friendly Fire = Yes
7. Weapons Swapped = Yes
8. Replace Hammer of Dawn with Boomshot

Not a fan of MLG myself, but those are the official rules, if anyone cares.  :P

BlAcKOuT iZ GoD

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2007, 09:50:49 pm »
o no halo 1 and 2 well then i wont be there lol gl to whos going

Coolsvilla

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2007, 09:56:15 pm »
I thought Halo 1 won.  ???

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2007, 12:15:06 pm »

STEEEL - on the monthlies - we have anywhere from 4pm till 11pm on Sundays at Funhouse...  But we just don't have enough time for 2 halo tournaments.  A ffa would take several hours.  Anything else would take 4+ hours if it's double elim.  Just no time.  Heck, doing JUST one 2v2 or 4v4 - has taken till 1 or 2am because of hardware / other concerns... So no - just one Halo tournament during the Monthly.  As for multiple day?  It's kinda a fun idea, but best kept to a CompUSA / etc format.  As I say to EffectZ here in a second, and is covered earlier in the thread - the monthly tournaments - are to get the word out about OKgamers - to as many types of gamers as possible - thus the multi-game format.  So....

Cools - exactly.

o no halo 1 and 2 well then i wont be there lol gl to whos going

EffectZ - http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php?topic=293.msg2900#msg2900

Right there, finishing on page 2 - it was decided that we should just have Halo take ONE spot - not 2.

FIRST OFF - We do NOT HAVE THE ROOM NOR TIME to do TWO halo tournaments.  I'm sorry, it's just not feasable at this time.  We start renting out hotel rooms - etc?  Then we'll talk.  Else - the monthly tournament area is just not large enough / enough time.

Second - the whole purpose of the Monthly Tournaments?  Is to get the word out about OKgamers.com  - SURE - I have NO PROBLEM throwing a halo tournament every month - because there are plenty of halo players helping out the cause.  But 2 Halo's - is exessive, to say the least.  It looks like we will be throwing another CompUSA tournament - approval pending.  So - in a few months, we'll have another big all day Halo event.

This is not that.  This is to get the word out about the site - to as many people as possible.  As discussed through page 1 and 2 of this thread, please refer to it :)  No others spoke up / out about it, so I assumed it was as consensus as possible.

And - that last bit is kinda my defining point to all this.  If we get feedback otherwise on the forums - it'd been different.  But February 15th, at 10:49am - Micah suggested we stop doing ALL the SAME GAMES over and over again.  Still on Page 1, a couple hours later I post - stating not only does it suck because we are limiting our crowd, Halo players voting in TWO halo's - are killing us on time/space/people bringing enough hardware - we just can't do that properly / the way they want - with one screen per person, etc etc.

Later, Vega backs it up.  Then Micah clarifies - pointing out that "If this site stays so stagnant, like it has the past few months, people are going to lose interest and this whole endeavor will likely fail.".  Which I've got to say, is a concern. 

Then Penquinotic agree's, continuing the call for more games.  Coolsvilla as well, pointing out more games.

2 days later?  Pinkie comes in and sums it up:

Give 2 spots to what is voted in for Halo / other, 1 spot we try and keep ROTATING for everything else.

...After a full 4 days to see opinions - I come back in, and go with what has been overwhelmingly agreed upon.  Which really is?

We vote on 3 games:

1 - will probably always be Halo - whatever the Halo types vote most for - we'll play.
1 - will probably be current favorite - seems to be SSBM now.
1 - we will try and swing the vote to be - something new.

This month - it seems to have been GoW.  Next month?  I say GGXX since it got the next to most votes this month.  After that?  Maybe DOA, MvC or a SF game.  Etc.  Etc.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Sparkz

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2007, 02:55:19 pm »
Why not just drop halo 2 for a single tourny? Halo 1 will bring in a breath of fresh air and will be a whole new tournament.

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2007, 03:53:07 pm »
Why not just drop halo 2 for a single tourny? Halo 1 will bring in a breath of fresh air and will be a whole new tournament.

Effectively?  That's whats happened.  We said we couldn't do more than one Halo game - and you guys voted in h1 vs h2...

However - for the whole 'third game' thing - that's something that'll be around for a while - just need to get a list of games people want to do for the next 4 or so Monthlies, and start it up!

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline Micah

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2007, 11:19:31 pm »
I'm happy to see everyone opening up to new ideas.  I think you're making the right moves, and this site will start to benefit in the ways you intended it to.

I'll do my best to make it to future meetings.

Let me know what else I can do to help.

hozanto

« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2007, 04:34:34 pm »
Hey X_A,

Sorry I haven't been around to the last few monthly tournies.  It has been one headache after another at my job and family comitments have been getting in the way.  I will try to make it next Sunday but it dosen't appear that there are any games I play (Halo a little but I have never played against anyone).

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2007, 05:07:18 pm »

Micah - you've had good input, I appreciate it.  In the middle of running things, plus all the stresses associated with real life / etc - I've just not had the time to step back and make those initial observations -_-

Hey X_A,

Sorry I haven't been around to the last few monthly tournies.  It has been one headache after another at my job and family comitments have been getting in the way.  I will try to make it next Sunday but it dosen't appear that there are any games I play (Halo a little but I have never played against anyone).

Joshua - no biggie man - now we do have staff positions opened up - you should swing by the chat forum and check it out - maybe you can help out that way!  Also, we've got SF in the list for the new 'swing vote' games - hopefully that'll get in and you'll get to come for that!

--

Pre-registration open - http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php?topic=363.0

Main thread being edited now -_-

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Rebal771

« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2007, 05:27:45 pm »
Here's my comment on the earlier dialogue about what games should and shouldn't be played.

First...halo should have one automatic, guaranteed slot.  That's what brings the crowds right now...and if you don't have it for ONE tournament...even just ONE...I think there will be a major drop-off in attendance.  I could be wrong...but it would be wise not to tamper with that.

With that said...there should be like...2-3 yearly halo 1 tourny's (and one of them be replaced with h2 when halo 3 hits the market) that take the spot of the halo slot.
There's no reason to run H1, 2, or even 3 at the same time.  It's all the same crowd, and we have time constraints as it is.

Second...I think there should only be 2-3 games each tournament, and THOSE should be what's voted on.  Also...halo should have the option of either a 2v2...4v4...or halo 1 2v2/4v4 set up.  Other than that...the games should be decided by the competitors that come and play.  If they want gears of war...they can have it.  If they want smash...they can have it.  But there's no reason that halo...with as much weight that comes with the simple title "Halo" should ever be off that list.  And that's not trying to cater to a certain crowd...that's giving support to the crowd that has brought this place this far.  I'm not saying that halo did all the work...but look at the registration numbers.

I bet at least 60% of those members are here for halo.  Nuff said.

I'm not sure that I'll make it to this month's tournament...but I'd like to if I can.  Mine is just an issue of not really planning things well.

But overall...the things I've seen come out of this place, so far, have been pretty amazing...and I haven't even gotten to tell most of the kids that came to my tournament a year ago, yet.  I get XBL on Thursday...and BOY!  Will I be making announcements!

Anyway...just my 2 cents.