Author Topic: The wrong way to advertise...  (Read 2400 times)

Offline FLIP17

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • THIS IS SWAAAAAGTASTIC
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Flip17
The wrong way to advertise...
« on: March 27, 2011, 12:16:51 am »
I'm no longer buying Street Fighter X Tekken

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YogAoMih6TQ&NR=1

Offline DragonsfistIV

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Dragonsfist IV
Re: The wrong way to advertise...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 11:09:36 pm »
ROFL.
On the one hand, I want to say "Hey.. its just nerds having a good time.. Can't hate that".
But yea.. thats as bad as an (American)1980s nintendo commercial.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9NaHGH_pYA
RAP, rofl.. It hasnt come much further.

Its like the nerds who create wrestling drama for guys though, HEY !! Lets make a SFxTekken commercial !  Lol.
I never understood day time soap drama for boys, (Wrestling).  You know what else that means?
When ever you see a man watching wrestling on TV.. you could walk up and ask him, "Hey, do you love day time soaps?"
and when he say "♥♥♥♥♥ NO!!" you can say.. wait a minute.. Thats all this is.  Rofl . 

So, I watched this commercial a few times.. and Im asking myself.. Did they tell the nerdy kid to push up his glasses like this? because it must be a costume..  and then another thought hit me.. are they trying to subliminally tell me  that a nintendo will make me cool enough to hang out with the cool looking kids also?  (Notice its the nerd that has the nintendo, and invites the "cool" short haired kid who raps)   Lolol.  I bet they paid some goof alot, thinking "oh this guy can write us a great commerical.

Sry to ramble X_x.  But they could have just shown 30 seconds of Zelda gameplay and a nintendo logo, and I would have been infinately more attracted.

You know darn well your still buying SF X tekken, haha. Its going to be pretty great I bet.
Street Fighter with way more interactive juggling and combos?   oh man.. I cant wait. 
If I dont own a console before then, SfXtekken may be the reason I buy one.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 11:19:05 pm by DragonsfistIV »
Street Fighter IV.
World of Warcraft.
I've been creating MOD Content since WolfED.exe and DoomED.exe.  Love to learn Maya and Zbrush also.

Offline Lupin7

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 09:57:03 pm »
haha they weren't faking a fight. they were just skillfully avoiding each other while being punched by invisible people  ;D
Marathon Maniac #3199. So if anyone calls me a noob I'll play my trump card.

Offline DragonsfistIV

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Dragonsfist IV
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 02:36:20 am »
the line between cool cosplay and idiot can be pretty blurry.
but not this time haha.

I didnt watch long enough to see Ono come out as chun li last time. X_X Haha. what a nerd.
Street Fighter IV.
World of Warcraft.
I've been creating MOD Content since WolfED.exe and DoomED.exe.  Love to learn Maya and Zbrush also.