Author Topic: This is a huge longshot but I want lots of feedback on this.  (Read 2137 times)

Offline FLIP17

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • THIS IS SWAAAAAGTASTIC
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Flip17
This is a huge longshot but I want lots of feedback on this.
« on: March 10, 2011, 04:15:58 pm »
Okay. since I'm like the only gamer who's madly in love in The Rockband gameplay at tourneys. I wanted to know how many people would help me try something new and (Maybe) epic

the Idea would be to have a stage fit a rockstar. But for a RB setup for an event of gaming and music THE WORLD HAS NEVER SEEN BEFORE!

I'd like to have a whole band setup there ready for free play ON-STAGE! I realize that rock band doesn't get much attention at all due to the fact that all you're watching is 4-7 gamers playing plastic instruments and sitting perfectly still. It's about as much fun as walking into your calculus class. so therefore I would be more than happy to head this little thought bubble to say. ON STAGE RB would possibly get it some more attention and possibly free tournament hype. (But that's a long way away)

The Following road blocks are in the way.

1. People trash the drums.

Let's face it. the drums on rock band are not meant to be hit as hard as humanly possible. people prefer to ignore this fact and bash away on them causing the drums sensors to crack (and this leads to double hitting notes, and missed notes as a whole.)

there are 3 possible solutions I can figure.

1. We bring a sacrifice drum set.

problem is that's as good as throwing away 100$ than some if the cymbals are involved

2. We let only the ones willing to bring a drum set, play a drum set.

Need I say what the problem is here? It's not fair to the people who payed into the con to have fun. we can't limit people from anything... Or can we? Saif???

3. We don't have drums on the set.

This cannot happen.

2. on the opposite side of it looking freakishly awesome to play RB on a stage. People might shy away from it for that reason. It may feel like extra work for a fun "Party" game.

3. equipment. it would take a lot of stuff to set up a stage. not to mention having a good. Guitar/bass/drum/keyboard. and 3 microphones. I own 2.

4. Organization. I'm working on easy flow of RB play in an event situation. people constantly shifting in and out. luckily enough RB has the new party system that guitar hero made (The coolest thing since the guitar battles.

I mean that's only a start of he problems at hand. Someone give me some feed back.

Offline Paradigm22

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
Re: This is a huge longshot but I want lots of feedback on this.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 04:50:00 pm »
Make it prize eligible, either best score or crowds pick wins. Tell the band, "Hey guys the drums aren't real, if you hammer on them they will break and we will subtract 100 dollars out of the prize pool if they break and bands whose drummer continually hammers the drum set will be disqualified."

Have each band throw in 25 dollar entry fee.

Offline FLIP17

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • THIS IS SWAAAAAGTASTIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 11:46:52 pm »
I like the prize pool downing idea...

But how many people do you know that have a full RB band. will pay 25$ in???

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 03:39:34 am »

It would really come down to what the gamers want to do / etc with a lot of this.

As for never before done - the NVGA Supercon 2009 and 2010 had a pretty crazy Rock Band setup...  Google for some photos, etc.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline FLIP17

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • THIS IS SWAAAAAGTASTIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 09:01:48 am »
Ok... That OK has maybe ever seen before.... happy Saif?