Author Topic: Tulsa - CANCELLED - Monday Fighting Games Night - Weekly  (Read 22568 times)

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
Tulsa - CANCELLED - Monday Fighting Games Night - Weekly
« on: December 15, 2007, 02:57:51 pm »

CANCELLED - this event is no longer happening.  Here for details - http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php?topic=960.msg9619#msg9619

--
East Coast.  West Coast.  Right down in Dallas.

Gamers that play fighting games gather in houses and locations and play fighting games.  2d. 3d.  Etc.

We are starting this in Tulsa. 

WHAT:
Fighting game night - gamers gathering to play fighting games - Soul Calibur, Smash Bros (SSBM / 64), Tekken, and whatever gamers we can find to play - SF / GGXX / VF / etc.

WHERE: (for now, if we grow bigger we can move)
( EDIT!  No stalking!  ;) )

WHEN:
Monday Nights - 7pm till 11pmish.  You can come and go as you please, and gamers will throughout the night.

WHY:
For those looking to have fun it's a group gathering to play games and do so.  For those that want to go 'pro', or be ready for 'X game releasing' - it's a chance to sharpen up against a pool of players.  Honestly, of all my travels running into groups that also do this have been the most rewarding and fun thing I've seen - so let's start one in Tulsa!

WHAT YOU NEED:
Feel free to bring your controller.  We have some setups for SC3, SSBM/64, and T5.  We have gamers that play SC, SF, GGXX, and other games.  If you have a new game to play - bring it and a console!  We have 4+ TV's, but if you want to bring more TV's, feel free.

Who can come? 
Anyone that wants to play the games or watch.  Newb, or want to learn the game?  We'll probably help.  Pros - grow the community and you grow your skills - so show up and give people a challenge.  Those that want to go pro, or check things out - this'll be the place.

I'm going to someone's house - what do they ask?
Well it's my house.  All I ask of guests is to have a basic sense of tact/social skills, and of course to not steal or break anything.  OF COURSE - if your under 18 have your parent's permission.  We've got a working kitchen, so feel free to bring food or throw your drinks in there you bring.

Can we play other non-fighting games? - no, fighting games ONLY.  Sorry, but Halo, FPS's, sports games - they all have their time and place - Monday nights and this event are totally dedicated to fighting games only.

--

My laptop aim is XianghuaALPHA, and my cell aim is mobilesaif - let me know if you run into trouble getting here; PM me for my cell number.  PLEASE LET US KNOW YOUR COMING BY POSTING - this let's others know what comp to expect, and gives me the abilty to let others know your coming too!

FIRST NIGHT - Our current plans are to play what we know there are players for in the area - Soul Calibur, SSBM/64, and probably Tekken and maybe some GGXX.  If you have any Street Fighter, Virtua Fighter, Naruto or other fighting game fans out there post out and let us know; we are looking to support as many games as we have players for.  We've got alot of room (3 full rooms dedicated, space enough for at least 10+ setups), and 4+ TV's; we are looking for more players, any games we don't have that people want to play, and of course competition! :)

Spread the word.  Starting Jan 7th of 08.  Weekly after that.  We'll try this for a few months - if it's working out with people having fun and more and more gamers showing up, we'll continue. 

X A

« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 08:01:49 am by X_A »
Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline blindsamurai

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: xgcx casper
Re: Tulsa - Monday Night Fighting Games - Weekly (Starting Jan 7th)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 11:34:37 am »
Mondays is a lot better for me

Fuzion

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 03:35:48 pm »
So, the thursdays thread is locked, is there still a game night tomorrow jan 3rd or is that cancelled?

Offline Michael Jackson

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • PSN ID: Paxmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 03:49:15 pm »
I'll be trying to make these Monday night shindigs, however I cannot answer your 'This Thu?' inquiry, as I have no idea if Saif is going to do it this week or not.

!!!!!!!! OMG !!!!!!! IT !!!!! MOVES !!!!!!!

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 12:51:23 am »
Thursday is totally on, and Fuzion will be there, and Ashley, and myself - so PLENTY of good SC comp.

I closed it - because my strength and efforts will be moving to Monday nights.  I realize alot of people on the boards can't do this all the time, so if they have one option - I want them to focus on Monday.

Speaking of which - Fuzion, Mj, Tony, Bunni or yea Ashley. (and maybe blind?), and myself will be there and waiting on Monday night - should be awesome!#@$

SSBM players - I've pulled some strings to get players I know no one has ever played, and are good - who all is showing up for SSBM?

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline Michael Jackson

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 08:25:42 am »
SUPERSCRIPT!? WHAT IS THIS BLACK SORCERY!??I'll be there for a bit tonight! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! SUBSCRIPT AS WELL!!!?!???!!?!?  MADNESS!!!!

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 02:50:45 am »

Wow, this should be alot of fun!  I'm really psyched, I hope everyone can make it out!

LAST MINUTE NOTES:

Looks like we've got room for literally 9 setups, and that's not even using the garage (which puts us up to room for 12+)

WHAT WE HAVE:
TV's - 3 25"+, 2 19's or so
Consoles - ps2, gc, n64, xbox, xbox 360 (snes, virtual boy, and lynx - but I don't think they count lol)
Games - SC3/2, SSBM, SSB64, Tekken 5, DOA 3

So, for what's been definitely discussed, we basically have one setup for SC3 / 2 and SSBM / 64.  To get a third game going we'll need at least one ps2 for Tekken.  If Cools or someone brings the game for DOA 4, we could play that as well. 

WHAT WE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE:
At least 1 more ps2 for tekken / ggxx / etc. 
The games for GGXX / SOMETHING STREET FIGHTER!@#  Doa 4?
Another copy / setup for SC and SSBM would be nice as well...
(setup= tv, game, console, controllers.  Of course we've got spare tv's, so we are good on those to the first 5 games)

So - play another fighting game?  If you've got a game and console - FEEL FREE TO BRING IT!  We'll play what is popular / setup whatever there is players for.  Also, if alot of people bring consoles - we'll need a few power strips - but I think we'll be okay there.  As I've said - we've got room to fit 10+ average games / setups in this house, so we don't lack options on places to put things - we just lack the gamers to come play!

I really hope this gets fighting gamers attentions; it's been a well recieved idea, and if it works out we'll have a time for Tulsa fighting gamers to have fun and get better - making Tulsa also a destination for gamers to travel to, which gives us more competition, etc, etc.  As I said earlier - anytime I've travelled to a location with a weekly / regular gathering of gamers - it's always proven to pay off in competition and good times - I'd love to see Tulsa have that.  In fact it's proven as useful; years ago we had this for Soul Calibur 1 - which is why Tulsa is even ON the map for SC, as we grew a community of excellent players at Funhouse back in the day.   

I've got the space, and the ability - now we'll see if there are even any fighting gamers left out there and who want to play, and who will actually show up!  (All I ever hear about is FPS lans - let's do fighting games!) I've been told by 10+ people Monday nights are great, and so I hope to see a good turn out - time will tell, see you tonight!

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

DarkWraith56

Re: Tulsa - Monday Fighting Games Night - Weekly
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 07:11:56 am »
i cant make it tonight but next week im pretty sure ill be able to make it. just have stuff for work tonight.

Offline Michael Jackson

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 09:22:31 am »
I can bring a PS2, controller(s) and uhhh...

Tekken 5
Soul Calibur 3
Soul Calibur 2
Street Fighter 3 (if I can find it)
Virtua Fighter 4 : Evo
King of Fighters: Maximum lameness

Given I remember where these ♥♥♥♥♥ games are.

:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 01:07:24 pm »

Wraith - suuuck, but it happens!  Invite your friends, and let them know too still! 

Mj - DEFINITELY bring SC3, I've got your Tekken ;), and maybe some KoF.  And of course GGXX / Brian lool.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2008, 12:53:19 am »

So, success!

Bout 15 people showed up, 12 at the peak.  SC3 / SSBM / SF 3S / T5 / GGXX

Hopefully next week we'll have more SSBM players - and it'll keep growing! 

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

DarkWraith56

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008, 12:06:28 pm »
ill be there next time i belive fo sho

hozanto

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2008, 08:19:56 pm »
I would so go to this if Monday nights weren't my night to watch the boy.

Offline blindsamurai

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: xgcx casper
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2008, 07:49:54 pm »
i should be coming to this weeks

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2008, 12:26:08 am »

Cool.  We'll have about 3 TV's setup and ready, hopefully we'll get more SSBM players.  If anyone wants to bring games not mentioned, bring em'!  See ya tomorrow!

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals