Author Topic: House of the Dead 4 Special  (Read 1840 times)

Offline Micah

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
House of the Dead 4 Special
« on: March 05, 2007, 06:57:20 pm »
Did anyone hear about House of the Dead 4 Special?

I can't remember the last time I've been this jealous of Japanese arcades.

...Wait. Yes, I can.

From Gamespot...
An expanded version of House of the Dead 4, the two-player game sports many features geared toward increasing the players' sense of immersion. For example, it is fully enclosed and features a pair of 100-inch screens positioned in front of and behind the players. A five-speaker sound system provides the audio. Players sit on seats that automatically swivel throughout the game. The seats are force-feedback-enabled to provide jolts at appropriate moments, and blasts of air will tell players when they've been hit.

Is this what arcades are destined to provide? There is no doubt in my mind that I would enjoy playing this, but have we become so over stimulated that games have to be this elaborate to get us off? Do people even tolerate simple joystick and button setups anymore?

What about youngsters? What happens when a new generation ventures into gaming and starts off playing games of this caliber? Will they be so overwhelmed that they immediately disregard the last few decades of arcade gaming as we have known it?

What do you all think?