Author Topic: Tulsa - SSBB, Halo 3, Tekken 6, SFIV, BB at Tulsa Community College - 01/23/10  (Read 109624 times)

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
Do u need help with setting up and equipment? :D

If your wanting to help more than photo coverage we'd definitely take it!  Have you 'shown interest' on the 1800 site yet though?  I haven't seen it come through yet.

Volunteering student type - means going through the 1800 site, starting an account if you don't have one, and showing interest in the events you want to help with.  (That way you have an official way of tracking your hours as well.)

Volunteering gamer type - is becoming a supporter through our form, and to be informed and organized through this site directly.

Both are explained on threads linked off the front page!

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Ravus918

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
Im kinda new to the community but im gona go and would help out with promo if you guys need, I live in tulsa and can hand out flyers but your link to the flyer isnt working so if you guys can email me a version of it I can print it. Im here to help with whatever you guys need.

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
Im kinda new to the community but im gona go and would help out with promo if you guys need, I live in tulsa and can hand out flyers but your link to the flyer isnt working so if you guys can email me a version of it I can print it. Im here to help with whatever you guys need.
New doesn't mean much to us man, we've only been around for 4 years or so, and frankly, most of us are new in one way or another :)  More the merrier!

As for the link - this didn't work - http://okgamers.com/pdf/tcc-fh-flyer.pdf

It's a pdf, half meg, and should dl pretty quick. 

One of our biggest thing is just getting flyers up in different places - as well as handing them out to friends, etc!  Let me know on the link as it works for me, and thanks for the help!

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
New doesn't mean much to us man, we've only been around for 4 years or so, and frankly, most of us are new in one way or another :)  More the merrier!

One of our biggest thing is just getting flyers up in different places - as well as handing them out to friends, etc!  Let me know on the link as it works for me, and thanks for the help!

X A

Hey you got to teach me how to create flyers in pdf... also I will pass this flyers out in the city.. Just in case!
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Ravus918

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
Ok I got the flyer working, my home computer is kinda sad but Ive got it now. As for helping is there any way I can help you guys out, I cant do to much but im wiling to do the small stuff. And ill be passing the flyer out and spreading the word.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath

X A

Hey you got to teach me how to create flyers in pdf... also I will pass this flyers out in the city.. Just in case!

Timmy. Easy to Do.

Install Adobe Reader.  It installs this little print driver int he background.

Then open up the Flier that you want to be a PDF. Then print it.  But rather than selecting your Normal printer look at your printer list and you should see Adobe PDF.  select that and Bam.. Instant PDF.  Haller at me via phone or PM and I will see if I can walk ya though it better. if you cant find it.

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile

Some of the sponsors that could be named - have been added, so first post updated!

(Sorry for being vague with a few, just happens with events this far out, etc.)

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline Riiot93

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
Can someone post a list of the teams that have signed up for each game? It would help people to know how big the tournament will be.

Offline Riiot93

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
Also, what maps will be used for the Halo 3 2v2? I hope not Heretic, because I do not want to have to spend $60 for one map. =D

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
Can someone post a list of the teams that have signed up for each game? It would help people to know how big the tournament will be.

We haven't put up a pre-reg for this yet, so off the top of our heads we don't know.  We've asked the best to be there, so you have rediculous quality guaranteed, quanitity will depend on how many people want free stuff, and want to compete!

As for rules - for Halo - we follow MLG standards, always.  For the fighters, we use NVGA standards, which are the community standards - so PS3 probably for most fighters, and whatever rules are dictated as proper.

PRE-REG - we are working on.  Simply put - we've had a REALLY busy week - That Best Buy CoD MW 2 Monday Night / Fight the Marines / get free stuff - didn't come outta no where!  Neither did the 2012 free movie tickets!@#  So we'll work on the pre-reg next.

As always - PLEASE HELP SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT ALL THESE EVENTS, AND OF COURSE THE SITE!

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline Riiot93

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
I've been telling everyone I know about this event. Pretty much every highschooler in Tulsa knows about this event now. I am almost positive I will be there for the Halo 3 2v2, but I am not ready to sign-up yet.

Offline AfroTastic

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Remember to bring equipment make the tournament's run smoother ;D.

Offline Riiot93

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
My teammate and I are both bringing: our 360s, two copies of ODST, two copies of Halo 3, a pair of Astros, two pairs of Turtle Beaches, a monitor, and our own controllers...provided we go.

Offline 2AMPd

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: AMP zyx
HxC Might Sponsor a team to go to play halo....
Oh really... :)
Since you asked so nicely, yes Jon, I will do this tournament with you.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 07:31:43 pm by 2AMPd »

www.twitter.com.com/OK_Updates

I'mma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony

Offline 2AMPd

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: AMP zyx
Im looking to go. gt is AMP ya dig if anyone wans to team

www.twitter.com.com/OK_Updates

I'mma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony