Author Topic: OKC - HxC Summer Season Opener - H3 4v4/FFA/1v1 - 6/27/09  (Read 72748 times)

Offline HxC_LAN_Center

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • "Hardcore Gaming for Hardcore Gamers" - HxC LAN
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: HxC LAN Center
Re: OKC - HxC Summer Season Opener - H3 4v4/FFA - 6/27/09
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2009, 02:58:54 pm »
Hey, guys and gals, we need teams to sign up for the online tournament so we can get things rolling. We have 2 teams as of now and we need at least 6 teams to run the online tournament. If we dont get enough teams we probably will throw away the idea of online tournaments for the season.

Offline JEST3R 4d3

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2009, 01:25:40 am »
you haven't posted the date/dates for the online tournament yet, so how do you expect people to sign up... we just dicovered the date for the actual tourney last week too, not many people even know about it for sure yet.... also, i thought there was going to be a seeding process online for the ffa as well????
G Wade is my daddy
Hummp is my mommy
Viper is my Lover (that's a heart joke....get it?)
Walter is my Hagrid
And I was adopted by Hypnotic

(I had to clear up the double daddy thing, and I'm nowhere near being black, so you can see how this works out perfectly)

CHADDDDDD IS MY HEROOOOOO!

Offline HxC_LAN_Center

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • "Hardcore Gaming for Hardcore Gamers" - HxC LAN
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: HxC LAN Center
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2009, 02:01:01 am »
No the only online tournament we are doing is the 4v4. We cant set a date for the online tournament until we get enough teams involved. Once we have at least 8 teams we will set the dates of the tournament.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2009, 02:53:44 am »
No the only online tournament we are doing is the 4v4. We cant set a date for the online tournament until we get enough teams involved. Once we have at least 8 teams we will set the dates of the tournament.

Hate to tell yea.. But yea.. until you set a FIRM date and Time.. Your Online Action isnt going to happen. People need to be able to plan and stay home from work school etc...  And Be able to plan to play. You cannot expect people to sign up for something and then drop everything and then say.. oh ok we have xx amount of teams lets do this tomorrow night or whatever.  Impossible..  Set and Date and TIME, for the Online Thing. If you dont have that then its not going to happen. And doing begging posts dont help either, It just annoys folks because as Jester said you just recently posted a date for the June Tourney. Give it time for it sink in. Not to mention alot of highschoolers are still in school because of the winter weather we had this year.. If you have noticed the site activities has been a little slow the past few weeks, between school events, tests, graduations, and family vacations.  Be Patient, Set a Date and Time and They will come or comment.  And if they dont then you know that the local Online Tournaments are just not popular enough with the majority that visit the site.

And Not to mention. Its probably confusing people talking about an online tournament, when this is the thread for your IRL Tournament at the Biltmore Hotel.  You Need to Make a Thread in the Local Shooter Forum and Handle all that  separately. Else its gonna be a Mess and very Confusing to people, if it isnt already.  Just a Thought... Its your Show.. Just throwing some suggestions out there.

Offline JEST3R 4d3

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2009, 03:24:12 am »

Hate to tell yea.. But yea.. until you set a FIRM date and Time.. Your Online Action isnt going to happen. People need to be able to plan and stay home from work school etc...  And Be able to plan to play. You cannot expect people to sign up for something and then drop everything and then say.. oh ok we have xx amount of teams lets do this tomorrow night or whatever.  Impossible..  Set and Date and TIME, for the Online Thing. If you dont have that then its not going to happen. And doing begging posts dont help either, It just annoys folks because as Jester said you just recently posted a date for the June Tourney. Give it time for it sink in. Not to mention alot of highschoolers are still in school because of the winter weather we had this year.. If you have noticed the site activities has been a little slow the past few weeks, between school events, tests, graduations, and family vacations.  Be Patient, Set a Date and Time and They will come or comment.  And if they dont then you know that the local Online Tournaments are just not popular enough with the majority that visit the site.

And Not to mention. Its probably confusing people talking about an online tournament, when this is the thread for your IRL Tournament at the Biltmore Hotel.  You Need to Make a Thread in the Local Shooter Forum and Handle all that  separately. Else its gonna be a Mess and very Confusing to people, if it isnt already.  Just a Thought... Its your Show.. Just throwing some suggestions out there.

THIS

thanks for posting an extended explanation of exactly what I'm thinking furys. u da bomb yo. lol
G Wade is my daddy
Hummp is my mommy
Walter is my Hagrid

(I had to clear up the double daddy thing, and I'm nowhere near being black, so you can see how this works out perfectly)

Offline JEST3R 4d3

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2009, 03:35:41 am »
I also have to ask... why are we doing lockdown as the ffa map.....? I just looked back to the voting thread and lockdown had ZERO votes... Guardian had the most... just curious.
G Wade is my daddy
Hummp is my mommy
Walter is my Hagrid

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2009, 07:15:25 am »
I also have to ask... why are we doing lockdown as the ffa map.....? I just looked back to the voting thread and lockdown had ZERO votes... Guardian had the most... just curious.
I was wondering the same thing.. also with the online events. Reason why Raider didn't put a date is because everyone wasn't even showing seriousness towards the online event. So he didnt want to set a date and be embarrassed only 4 teams showed up. Also I was thinking we should use Guardian first then maybe a foundry MLG map for finals. I dont know.. Post your opinion now. We will set a date for the online event this week.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Twitch73

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2009, 08:11:55 am »
If you date it they will come...

Honestly I don't know what the FFA map should be...maybe lockdown could work since no one has used it before then maybe it could be good, or not.
"Best Poster in Oklahoma"

Ninjjja

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2009, 11:24:06 am »
You can expect xNarstyx and me(Ninjjja) from team Learn the Basics to be at the tournament with two other players.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2009, 11:40:23 am »
If you date it they will come...

Honestly I don't know what the FFA map should be...maybe lockdown could work since no one has used it before then maybe it could be good, or not.
Yea could be right.. we will have a date this week. I'm excited. I think we will go ahead and up the FFA to 64. I've been getting tons of messages about FFA. The 4v4 is going to be really interesting! Add GT HALO IN OKC. It has at least 50 really good Halo 3 gamers on its friendslist. Just a thought I know everyone has a hard time finding teams.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 04:00:20 pm by Timmy Skorcher »
HxC LAN Center

Offline Tricksta17

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2009, 02:24:24 pm »
You Can Sign my team Hooked on Phoniikz up
Backpackz Xv
o TriiCkSTA o
FeaR Itz sHeeZy
NiTeWvLF

Offline LoveXspell

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2009, 01:09:22 am »
Hey Everyone! I will be attending and im looking for a team. Let me know if your interested!

Offline DrViper

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Check Please
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2009, 04:07:26 pm »
Hey Everyone! I will be attending and im looking for a team. Let me know if your interested!

OMG is that THE lovespell???

Offline TrDw IGuNsHoTI

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2009, 10:55:04 pm »
i would like to be added to the 4v4 and ffa list. but i dont have a team.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2009, 01:28:04 pm »
i would like to be added to the 4v4 and ffa list. but i dont have a team.
We will put you on the free agent pull. Also Dr Viper, I said the same thing when I seen love spell.

If you are looking for a team add Halo IN OKC. That tag has some of the best Halo 3 players on its friendslist. Only two its missing is Raider and Hypnotiq which you can find on the HxC LAN Center Friendslist. LMAO
HxC LAN Center