Author Topic: Improvments  (Read 8065 times)

Offline fearlubu

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
Improvments
« on: October 23, 2009, 12:35:54 am »
Ok so I just joined up yesterday and i was kind of confused at first....I think we should make at least one of the two:

Introduction/"noob" thread/section   to help lead the way for newcomers like me.  IMO at first sight, this site looked messy....idk

Help Section/Thread   for obvious reasons

A section for things like volunteer stuff would be nice too

just a few thoughts

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
Re: Improvments
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 02:13:56 am »

Fresh and new impressions are very very important from anyone willing to actually share them - so thank you for starting this thread.

Well, I think tihs is part us being behind, and part just not really understanding a few things that are there.

Soon - we'll have a "Welcome to OKgamers - I'm a - Casual / Hardcore / Business"  with customized info for each group.  To be frank - I'm not much of a writer, and have asked the supporters / TO's to help write these.  We've not had any progress, so the front page hasn't been revamped.  Once it is, I think that'll help alot with your issues.

Volunteering - is covered in several threads on the front page - have you not reviewed those, or are they not filling out the info your looking for?

To be exact - 1800 / student volunteers use that site, and is handled through email.  Supporters, or gamers that are directly helping the site through the site have the Supporters forum which is where we discuss the future, and alot of our changes, etc.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Crazd

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 11:03:49 am »

Soon - we'll have a "Welcome to OKgamers - I'm a - Casual / Hardcore / Business"  with customized info for each group.  To be frank - I'm not much of a writer, and have asked the supporters / TO's to help write these.  We've not had any progress, so the front page hasn't been revamped.  Once it is, I think that'll help alot with your issues.

X A

Yeah.  I'll get on that.  Stuff came up over this weekend/week and wasn't able to work on it. 

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 09:37:58 pm »

X A

Yeah.  I'll get on that.  Stuff came up over this weekend/week and wasn't able to work on it. 

No one was saying NAMES!  lol.  More importantly, we work as volunteers working on whatever we can whenever we can - so you can't take blame lol.  Anyway, if you can get the content I can get the graphics and we revamp the front page!

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline Crazd

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 10:03:28 pm »

X A

No one was saying NAMES!  lol.  More importantly, we work as volunteers working on whatever we can whenever we can - so you can't take blame lol.  Anyway, if you can get the content I can get the graphics and we revamp the front page!

X A

I'll take blame if I want to take blame.  :P 

Offline fearlubu

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 11:24:53 pm »
ohhh, feisty!!

Offline The Monster Man

• Global Moderator
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 01:36:29 am »
lol
OKgamers, the coolest place for me to go online...

Offline Raiiderxx

• Official OKgamer
  • OMG McCOOL THEY SHOULD HAVE STUCK WITH OBITUAREEZ!
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 09:33:47 am »
I personally think that the entire site needs a good re-vamping. This layout is kinda old and dull and Im sure with a more gamer feel and exciting look it will atract more people and keep them here as well.

Offline FLIP17

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • THIS IS SWAAAAAGTASTIC
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Flip17
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 01:48:47 pm »
agreed, my homies here in little ole morris has had many a problem figuring things out....
so a revamp would be cool... and i'm diggin the "noob thread"

just throwin my opinion out...

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 03:23:59 am »
agreed, my homies here in little ole morris has had many a problem figuring things out....
so a revamp would be cool... and i'm diggin the "noob thread"

Specifics - we need them.  What did they have problems with / yea.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline FLIP17

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • THIS IS SWAAAAAGTASTIC
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Flip17
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2009, 07:27:38 pm »
well the most complaints i get is about becoming a member and signing up... sorry saif... not all my friends are as dumb as the ones who continually ask me questions about signing up... carma for me from volunteering at TCAX huh saif? but all in all i like the way the site runs

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 02:29:27 am »

It's 'karma' lol ;)

Anyway - the complaint is that they have to?  Because..  uh they don't.  We love for people to take a few minutes to sign up, because it PROVES THEY EVEN EXIST, but beyond that, and our recent promotions, there is no requirement on using the site and being a member.  It's just required to post...  but man, that's so standard.

...we are looking into FB integration to make remembering your login easier, but guys.  Firefox.  Sign up.  "Remember for this site" - no more password lol.

Other than that - I can't imagine what the issue was, so - was it that they didn't want to sign up for a promotion like the tickets, or something I'm missing?

No one thinks the site is perfect.  We really value feedback, and between the other TO's and myself - are working to make the site the best it can be.  Feedback = a big part of that, so poll your friends, and thanks for taking the time.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline 23rd_letter_assasin

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: Tracy_UNO
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2011, 10:10:23 pm »
i just joined the site today and didnt think i'd get to this part yet. i think this whole site and its goals are great.  so i, being a new member, went to the help link next to home and..........

didnt get the help i was looking for.

Just saying.

other than that, cant wait to find statewide and local MK players.
i guess a gif of Quan Chi's beat down fatality would be against site rules. so picture me standing over you with a mannequin leg waiting for you to look over your shoulder.....