Author Topic: X-box live?  (Read 2701 times)

Offline bartsimpson8

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
X-box live?
« on: February 08, 2008, 07:56:09 pm »
 I was thinking about getting x-box live but do you have to use any special internet requirements, cables, or anything else? Just wondering because I have cheap dial-up internet and cant even download i-tunes.
I do not have ADD its just that oh hey look a bunny!

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: eighty8keyes
Re: X-box live?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 08:11:44 pm »
Yeah for Live your really going to need Cable or DSL to be honest. You might be able to get away with Dial up, but your going to have some serious lag. And to top it off I don't know if the 360 has a way to use a 56k modem (to my knowledge).
GT: Eighty8keyes Haloez and anything else I might be playing.

Offline bartsimpson8

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 09:06:56 pm »
 Ill try to get new internet if not I just wont get live. Ill wait till something better comes along.

SkizsM420

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 04:48:59 pm »
yeah, I would recommend cable.  But to do any "online" gaming, you have to access the internet.  I dont foresee any way around that in the near future.

slipknot0129

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 05:53:45 pm »
dial-up works on xbox live

Offline bartsimpson8

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 06:55:52 pm »
It does? Is it slow though?

slipknot0129

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 07:43:53 pm »
just plug a ethernet cable into your lan port on the back of your computer while your connected to dial-up

riflekilla

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 10:28:30 pm »
the xbox360 usually comes with the cabel needed to hook up to the internet.  As a lot of us know things like that that come with consoles and computers usually arent that good. But unless you are a pro gamer and need something thats high speed and that you know will last then that will be good for a lond time.  And unless it is not long enough.  To play online and do all that good stuff you want to do you will need DSL.  Wireless is usually not the good way to go for gamers and stuff like that because sometimes it can lag and then screw up the whole game.  Especially if you have a lot of wi-fi electronics around your house then that is not a good idea. There are all different kinds of DSL broadbands that are different speeds and have different tasks they do for special things. So make sure you are buying the one that satisfies all your needs.  Hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

slipknot0129

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2008, 11:03:05 pm »
i get my wireless signal from a mile away and never get lag

PDA Skill

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 08:45:29 am »
its better to stivk with wireless than wired b/c you dont lag as much with a wired cable plus you can also use ur comp and not get lag

slipknot0129

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 11:49:22 am »
yep it is better to stick with wireless

Offline TH3 R3LIGION

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • No XBL FR
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 12:14:44 pm »
Wired straight from your modem is way faster than running it through a router and then transmitting the signal to a wireless card, (which is something extra you have to buy)
DO NOT SEND ME A FR UNLESS I KNOW YOU PERSONALLY

SEMI-PROS ARE HORRIBAD

DarkWraith56

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 12:26:30 pm »
ok heres the deal if you go wireless you really have to worry about your NAT type unless your smart enough to configure a router which isnt very hard. but over all the wireless connection isnt really all that bad i mean sure a wired is a lot better but it works. But as far as dial up i really dont think it will work at all just for the simple fact that people that run things such as cable or DSL can lag out even AND no its not the Download speed that you need its actually the upload speed which is the major flaw that i do not think you could get around with a dial up connection but if you do get past that please tell me lol.

Offline Punish3r

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • 1337 Filmmaker
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 01:51:24 pm »
I think dial up is possible, but it's goingly to be painfully laggy.

As for the wireless, I acually just picked up the new Linksys Wireless-N Gaming Adapter, along with a Wireless N router. It works great! After configuring the 360 and router to open my Nat, I now can get full signal in my room. I lost signal continually with my old G router, it's quite awesome, and the same price as the 360 Wireless Adapter.