Author Topic: OKgamers.com - Revamping the main site, submit your photos now!  (Read 3592 times)

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
OKgamers.com - Revamping the main site, submit your photos now!
« on: February 25, 2009, 02:12:53 am »

Hey guys - we'll be turning our attentions to revamping parts of the site soon!  As a result, we'll be wanting to FINALLY update that sad sad photo rotator on the main site!

If you have any photos of LARGE size that you can link to, we can ad those in!  Remember to include date and location info!

Also, think PANORAMIC - the design sizes probably won't change - so remembere we'll need to fill that horizontal box!

If you cannot link to it, PM me to get details on how to get the picture to me!

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: eighty8keyes
Re: OKgamers.com - Revamping the main site, submit your photos now!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 04:22:16 am »
Are you still going to be running (I think) the Javascript container to cycle over the images or you thinking more of a flash based approach where it's going to stream lots of pictures? I'll see what I can come up with maybe on Saturday at the SCIV tourney.
GT: Eighty8keyes Haloez and anything else I might be playing.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 08:03:05 am »
Here are some of the pics from the Plasma Burn Tournament. Let me know if there any you'd like to use and I will get the orginal one. I Have more I Just need to run over to My Cousins house and copy them off her computer.

http://cid-34dfeb008b0903d7.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Plasma%20Burn%201st%20Tournament

Offline Jesus

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 01:35:14 pm »
Are you still going to be running (I think) the Javascript container to cycle over the images or you thinking more of a flash based approach where it's going to stream lots of pictures? I'll see what I can come up with maybe on Saturday at the SCIV tourney.

6 of 1, half dozen of another.  Flash is great, but requires the plugin, and adding more than the set array is time in flash, not code.

The Javascript solution is going to stay as far as I'm concerned, however I'm going to be building out the site in more dynamic directions, with php includes, etc - sadly the site was RIGHT before I started my PHP journey so long ago.  Anyway, so at that point, adding to the array / more photos will be a cinch, and won't be the delayed process it has been up till now.

And yes to photos - I'll have my camera with fresh batteries, and also Eric scored a free camcorder o_o, so yea we'll yea.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: eighty8keyes
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 02:45:52 pm »

6 of 1, half dozen of another.  Flash is great, but requires the plugin, and adding more than the set array is time in flash, not code.

The Javascript solution is going to stay as far as I'm concerned, however I'm going to be building out the site in more dynamic directions, with php includes, etc - sadly the site was RIGHT before I started my PHP journey so long ago.  Anyway, so at that point, adding to the array / more photos will be a cinch, and won't be the delayed process it has been up till now.

And yes to photos - I'll have my camera with fresh batteries, and also Eric scored a free camcorder o_o, so yea we'll yea.

X A

Yeah I understand that one. It took me 20 minutes to make something in flash very basic that I could make with CSS in like 2. Of course it could be that I haven't used flash since about 6 or 7 years ago XD I am having to relearn it for fun. Sounds like you have a good plan going though. I gotta get my learn on with PHP because sadly I'm a little behind the times.
GT: Eighty8keyes Haloez and anything else I might be playing.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 07:25:36 am »
Do we just post a link of events? I have pretty good pictures from last years tournaments.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Mccoolio

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 10:00:30 am »
The oklahomies on Main stage at MLG Dallas in Oct. 2008 (the team closest to the camera) ... http://gamebattles.com/profile/McCooli0/photos?id=1245114

My team with Supersmiley, Blaw Blaw and Sparkz at the same event ... http://gamebattles.com/profile/McCooli0/photos?id=1245101

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 03:27:54 pm »
Do we just post a link of events? I have pretty good pictures from last years tournaments.

I'm looking for 950 to 1000 pixel wide or larger photos that I can use for the front.

For instance - if I use Mccoolio's images - I'll have to make composite images where I take 2 of them and merge them, like I did with several current rotating images of the Smash 64 events.  Otherwise, won't be wide / large enough.

In addition to the photos, yes, I'd like to know about the event they were taken at.  That way I can continue with "Game / Date / event" sort of info on the pics, as I have been.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 11:57:35 am »
Ok.. i'm sure you can edit them to your preference ill post them tonight. If not will edit them.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center