Author Topic: Getting OKGamers on Top - Fresh Ideas  (Read 6477 times)

Offline HxC_LAN_Center

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • "Hardcore Gaming for Hardcore Gamers" - HxC LAN
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: HxC LAN Center
Getting OKGamers on Top - Fresh Ideas
« on: September 28, 2009, 02:29:35 pm »
Ok, so here is what I would like to propose.

Put simply - We need more consistent, local, traffic to this site.

I know that everyone knows and wants to see this happen and I am sure there is stuff being done about that but I think that we should really try and push OKGamers out into the community. I knw that this community has many different connections through alot of people and they arent being used. I know that everyone wants this site and community to grow tenfold and be the central place for Oklahoma gamers to go. That is why I wanted to start this thread.

-I think that we really need to push more online advertising, I know that this usually costs money, but if we could find other sites that are willing to just trade advertising spots that would help a bunch. Plus the free advertisment such as Myspace, Twitter, Facebook etc... I also think that there should be new forums signatures that people can put on their forum accounts on all their different sites, like MLG, PureTalentGaming, HaloArena, etc...

-Local advertising in OKC and Tulsa. If we got a truly dedicated street team for both citys that once every 2 weeks or so took more flyers to the local GameStops, Wal-Marts, Targets, or really any place in town that will let you put some flyers in their store.

-Broadtexter would be a great way to get OKGamers name even more known. HxC uses Broadtexter and it has helped tremendously with getting out info on our Tournaments and such. If properly advertised it would be insanely successful. The wonderful thing about this is that it is totally FREE!

All of these things are achievable and easy ways to advertise, and I know that these kinds of things are discussed at the OKGamers meetings in Tulsa but, and with all due respect, I dont see much being done to help push OKGamers into the community and I and HxC would like to help make OKGamers bigger and better for everyone in Oklahoma.

So with all of this said, lets gather up some really easy affordable ideas and get the ball rolling!

DarkWraith56

Re: Getting OKGamers on Top - Fresh Ideas
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 02:42:32 pm »
Ok, so here is what I would like to propose.

Put simply - We need more consistent, local, traffic to this site.

I know that everyone knows and wants to see this happen and I am sure there is stuff being done about that but I think that we should really try and push OKGamers out into the community. I knw that this community has many different connections through alot of people and they arent being used. I know that everyone wants this site and community to grow tenfold and be the central place for Oklahoma gamers to go. That is why I wanted to start this thread.

-I think that we really need to push more online advertising, I know that this usually costs money, but if we could find other sites that are willing to just trade advertising spots that would help a bunch. Plus the free advertisment such as Myspace, Twitter, Facebook etc... I also think that there should be new forums signatures that people can put on their forum accounts on all their different sites, like MLG, PureTalentGaming, HaloArena, etc...

-Local advertising in OKC and Tulsa. If we got a truly dedicated street team for both citys that once every 2 weeks or so took more flyers to the local GameStops, Wal-Marts, Targets, or really any place in town that will let you put some flyers in their store.

-Broadtexter would be a great way to get OKGamers name even more known. HxC uses Broadtexter and it has helped tremendously with getting out info on our Tournaments and such. If properly advertised it would be insanely successful. The wonderful thing about this is that it is totally FREE!

All of these things are achievable and easy ways to advertise, and I know that these kinds of things are discussed at the OKGamers meetings in Tulsa but, and with all due respect, I dont see much being done to help push OKGamers into the community and I and HxC would like to help make OKGamers bigger and better for everyone in Oklahoma.

So with all of this said, lets gather up some really easy affordable ideas and get the ball rolling!

hmm with the whole street crew thing, i used to run flyers like crazy. but the only issue is that the people have to actually read and for some reason society has a problem with that. the flyers hardly even get looked at honestly.

Offline HxC_LAN_Center

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • "Hardcore Gaming for Hardcore Gamers" - HxC LAN
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: HxC LAN Center
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 02:54:15 pm »
If we have learned one thing from our Tournament flyers, its that you have to make the flyers like they are for children. Colorful, and with very BIG(Size) words but in small amounts.

Offline G WaDe

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 03:04:45 pm »
Instead of raising OKGamers awareness let's take a closer look at the real issue at hand, illiteracy is running rampant in todays youth.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 04:09:35 am »

Well, I know one of THE BEST things we could have - is VIDEOS ON THE INTERNET...

...sadly no one is interested in helping with that lool.  I've talked to multiple groups, etc - can't ever seem to get them even for volunteer hours, props, etc lol. . Sigh. (Oh.  Well they actually are all interested.  Say they'll help.  Maybe do help for a video or so.  Then gone.  Sigh.  /rant)

Other than that - anything else we can do to help gamers tell other gamers?  We are down for - just let us know the tools, affordable / etc, and we'll get them for you!

I've also been looking into doing other runs of shirts again, etc - as the shirts and hoodies seem to have gone over well.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline fearlubu

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 04:00:51 pm »
Well i guess i can help out.....of course making videos is a good idea.....but seeing that we are indeed in OK, im not sure how many oklahomans will even watch the video.....

we can go about and start tagging up schools at night LOL

idk though man, I think the best way is by mouth...like how you (A_X, i think it was you at TCC on monday) just chill up at TCC, thats how you got me lol.  Like we need to have the high school kids tell ALL their friends about this, and maybe get a sponser or something from places like Gamestop, Vintage Stock, GameXchange, etc.  Heck, just posting fliers on any store that has anything to do with gaming!!

and im willing to do this....for volunteer hours!!!! :D  and i can make youtube videos as well