Author Topic: Get to know your OKgamers - First posts and New Chat  (Read 223077 times)

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
Get to know your OKgamers - First posts and New Chat
« on: June 20, 2006, 06:38:40 pm »
Sup, so I guess I'll start this out.

My name is Saif, and somehow, I'm a gamer.  I found out even if you only play one game, your still a gamer.  Who knew!

I play Soul Calibur, Smash 64 some, and that's about it.  I do this cause I enjoy helping my community, and figure if I can give the entire state a helping hand, why not.

I answer to X A, Alpha, X ALPHA, XianghuaALPHA and just about anything that starts with S when properly slurred lol.  Of all of them, I guess I prefer X A.  

I got the title XianghuaALPHA from the fact I learned X - a character in Soul Calibur 1 on, and was taught by 'Dr_Xianghua' - so taggin on ALPHA made sense.  6+ years later, it's just stuck, and I don't want to change it lol.  And X A - it's simple enough.

www.x-a.livejournal.com

www.myspace.com/X_A

Pretty much sums the rest of me up.

--

What should you post here?  Well we are already assuming you've gone to the Local Competition forum found the game threads your interested in and posted [and of course, if you didn't find what games you were interested in, read the read me and started your own.]  So why post here?

Well post here to let everyone else get to know you.  Post your games your interested in, and your various webstuff / a picture or such, and if you have a established handle or title, what's up with that.  

X A
Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Pinkie

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 09:22:48 pm »
Well to start off my name is Pinkie. There's no story behind the nickname so don't ask just call me Pinkie. I love my name and hope to keep it forever.

I play any game I can get my hands on. Right now I'm playing Halo 2 [like always], Oblivion, and BF2 for PC with all expansions. I love playing any game really as long as it's not completely horrible.

I appreciate video games for what they are. I have played them all my life and plan on getting into the industry making them and what-not.

I really enjoy playing with new people and making new friends. Live name is IxCptMorganxI. Message me, e-mail me or something and we can set up LANS, tournys, or just play for a bit.

http://rvb.roosterteeth.com/members/profile.php?uid=178943

http://www.myspace.com/tehpinkie

Offline Hollywood

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 08:22:43 am »
Well,

Name: Hollywood; Story: Crap. Born in SoCal and moving to Oklahoma with my longish dyed blond hair, clean face I adorned the nickname from others as "Hollywood" Now when I let that go (ie: Hair turns brown, rubbish on my face, and whatnot) I normally get "Hippy" or "Hooligan" Eh, go figure.

Game type: Casual gamer. I normally play all if not most games somewhat. Kind of the "Jack of all trades" type. I'll pick up a controller and play a game decent, but hardly excell at any. Starting playing Soul Calibur 2 at work a year or so ago and then meeting you X_A, picked up the controller for SC 3 when it was launched. Guitar Hero = same. Bought it after everyone and their effin momma was playing it, again not even close to excelling.

Games: Smash 64, SC3, Mario- anything. World of Warcraft (Thunderlord, Horde, Sorbo)

www.myspace.com/hollywoodME

http://wi-vd.livejournal.com/
The charming, cunning, and oh so good looking...
O_-  Hollywood  -_O

Looking to improve on Modern Warfare Duece!
Gamertag = iDubya

hozanto

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 01:00:37 am »
Name: Joshua
Game Type: Mainly an old-school 2D fighter man.  I pretty much lived at Funhouse in the early 90's playing whatever incarnation of Street Fighter was popular at the time.  I could tell you all kinds of old-man stories about that place.  My main games are Hyper Fighting, Super Turbo and Alpha 2.  I consider myself a retro gamer since I find more enjoyment plaing games from my youth.

GoufCustom

Re: Get to know your OKgamers - First posts and New Chat
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 09:30:39 pm »
What ho, fellow Okie gamers! As you can see, I go by Gouf Custom, due to my favorite mobile suit from Gundam evarz. Ahem. Sorry for that.

Games I play: I dabble in pretty much everything. Lotta RPGs, dabble in strategy games (not very good, though), mainly play shooters in a competetive setting. Fighters I usually suck at. And by that statement, I mean I suck at Street Fighter 2. However, I'm pretty decent at Smash Bros., getting kinda decent at Narutimate Hero 3 (Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3 when it's domestically release), but am best at Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 (Clash of the Ninja 4, when domestically released).

Kinda funny. Hollywood was born in SoCal and came here, I was born here and go to school there.

Offline Hollywood

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 06:01:22 am »

Kinda funny. Hollywood was born in SoCal and came here, I was born here and go to school there.

We've starting playing Clash 1 to kinda get the hang of it and see if we were into the series, which turns out we were so we are now going to get it soon and practice up.

Where do you go to school at? Cali is a tough for non-locals (those who are used to it), best o'luck to ya GoufCustom.
O_-  Hollywood  -_O

Gamertag = iDubya

GoufCustom

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 09:38:30 pm »
Azusa Pacific University up in... well, Azusa, but it's the Covina area.

And I get by fine. I rarely need to leave campus for anything, and have many native Cali friends to help me about.

And really, the rest of the CoN series beats the pants off of number one. Four especially has many upgrades in shininess and gameplay.

Savagebeating

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 01:37:57 pm »
hey this is Savage Beating im 19 out of OKC my mains i guess halo2 and GNT4 can play Soul cal 2 tekken5 and naruto hero 3. always looking for competition jus hit me up and ill get back to ya :D

CornBurner

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 04:37:01 pm »
Hi.

I'm Cornburner.

I play halo 2.

I'm a nub (formerly known as newb).

I like beef.

I'm buddies with X_A!

Tremor is my double team partner.

We are MLGerz.  ;D

We p0wnz your mother last night. ::)

Kidding.

MisterShock

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 10:07:43 pm »
As a new member, (and now simultaneously a new Mod) I thought I should introduce myself in the appropriate place. So…hi! My name is Daniel and, as you can see, my gamer tag is Mister Shock  :o (that's the "shocked" face, get it? Mister Shock...never mind). I was born and raised right here in Oklahoma and while attending this states finest community and state colleges I discovered an affinity for gaming. I started out a Counter Strike newb and now I’m a Halo 2 newb.

I got an Xbox 360 in January ‘06 and have been in love (well off and on) ever since. I love Ghost Recon, Rock Star’s Table Tennis, and many others. I’m a big fan of Xbox Live arcade download games.

I’m a full time office clown and full time boyfriend but when I do manage a little free time I love to game as often as possible. I look forward to adding what I can to okgamers.com and I look forward to the exciting future this site has in front of it.

Offline The Monster Man

• Global Moderator
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 10:10:15 am »
Well, I guess I should put down what I play too since I'm a mod and have been on here since the conception and junk. The name Eric go by anything really (hey you, that guy, you,etc.) but let's see I'm more of the fighting type of gamer myself, grew up on SF and for the most part love the alpha series but I love SC 2 and 3 and like melee I'm down for trying any game once and if I like it play it till my eyes hurt. But yeah, born in Arkanas and lived in Texas and then moved here when I started high school that's where I met Hollywood and the rest is history, for the most part.
OKgamers, the coolest place for me to go online...

Offline Hollywood

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 12:38:26 pm »
started high school that's where I met Hollywood and the rest is history, for the most part.

Boy that high school. I remember getting non-participation warnings all the time when it came to suiting up and as did you. But then volleyball started and at least we got some activities done. Oh good times. Long ago times.

♥♥♥♥♥, I'm already 21. Arghh.

PS. he also goes by "token black guy." Although he doesn't toke, nor is he all that black, but he goes by that too.
O_-  Hollywood  -_O

Gamertag = iDubya

Offline The Monster Man

• Global Moderator
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 06:14:22 pm »
♥♥♥♥♥, I'm already 21. Arghh.

What do mean I'm turning 22 on Sat ugh man I'm already feeling the old age kicking in or maybe that's my hip(ha)
OKgamers, the coolest place for me to go online...

Flack

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2006, 10:10:13 pm »
Wow, a forum just for us gaming Okies? Who knew!

My name is Rob O'Hara, but most people online know me as Flack. I live in Yukon, just outside of OKC.

Some of you might know me from OVGE. In 2006 I debuted my book Commodork there. In 2005 I had the Star Wars display in the back corner, and in 2004 I had the now infamous "pirate console copier" table. Others of you might know me from some of my online haunts; I'm an admin and moderator over at the Digital Press forums, and a regular at quite a few other places including Atari Age, Particles.org, the OKC Coin-Op Forums, and Lemon64.com. I'm also a member of the Cult of the Dead Cow's Ninja Strike Force.

When I'm not gaming, I'm writing. I write reviews for Videogame Collector Magazine, and have written reviews and articles for IGN.com, TheLogBook.com, Review to a Kill.com, 2600: The Hacker Quarterly, and several other websites and magazines. I had a couple of articles published in the 2005 O'Reilly book Retro Gaming Hacks, and as I mentioned before, I released my first book (Commodork) this year, with a second on the way this spring. I also update my blog pretty regularly at robohara.com (those entries also get cut/pasted to a few other sites including Livejournal, MySpace, etc.)

I collect and play both console games and arcade games. I currently have around 20 coin-op arcade games in an "arcade" we put up in our backyard. Some of my favorite cabinets I own include Gauntlet II, Q*Bert, Karate Champ, and Shinobi. In our house upstairs is my other gaming room. Hooked up to a projector and an 8 foot screen I have a couple dozen consoles, with everything from the old Atari 2600 and NES systems all the way up to the Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube stuff. I don't do much PC gaming, save for emulation. My son will turn five this December and he loves playing Xbox -- he's a fan of Lego Star Wars I and II, while I'm more into racing, fighting and other action games.

Offline ICBALLS

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Stoned As We Play
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2006, 10:18:57 pm »
my name is David my GamerTag is ICBALLS how i got that me and my friends were playing Red Faction2 and like your name is displayed over your head so my friend made up ICBALLS it was funny and i liked it so i use it i play all kinds of games for xbox and xbox360 i hate the PS2 and the PS3 they are gay i mostly play Halo2 it is the best game hands down