Author Topic: Looking to Start up a Local PC Gamer Clan. Err32  (Read 18760 times)

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
Re: Looks to Start up a Local PC Gamer Clan. Err32
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 05:08:12 pm »
I was think about this after I got to work and I have a few questions Fury... if this takes off like you hope and I know a few ppl that might want in..

What would the Clan colors be...
What sort of ranking system would be used to rate the clan players...
Who do you have desiggning everything...
Would there be dues? A good clan has some sort of dues to run things...
Would there be bages? I'D cards? Ect....

Ill add more later...

Humm Interesting..  

Colors  Humm..   Kinda Partial to Blue ,Black and Red myself LOL I do have a logo design and a little history behind the [.err32] clan name I will share later once we work out all the logistics.  

Badges? humm... maybe later?  maybe do a deal once plasma burn is consolidated under big cliffs consulting.   website?  i just plan on doing a forum.  anymore than that and I think its making things to difficult.  Once you see the Logo Im goofing with you will get the jist of where im going with the site design.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 05:10:22 pm »
So for my vote or preference, I say stick with FPS.  My ranking as far as tournament potential and interest:

1. BF 2142 / COD4 - highly tactical and very much team based
2. UT2004 - more room for lone wolf players, not sure on how many tournaments are ongoing, Onslaught is megafun
3. Q3A - very rough for inexperienced players, still a ton of fun but individual skill level requirement is HIGH, CTF and Clan Arena somewhat team based

I would love for anyone who chimes in to place their votes/preferences in order (any genre) and maybe give a little info about why you think the clan should concentrate on that particular game.

I do recommended we just pick one game and go at it.  and then maybe branch off as we go.   or if we get enough members maybe able to have several teams for different games.

Offline Dameaskinos

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • The last Raven shall never fall
    • View Profile
    • Mtg of Oklahoma -LansEnd-
  • XBL ID: Dameaskinos
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2008, 05:28:04 pm »
I was think about this after I got to work and I have a few questions Fury... if this takes off like you hope and I know a few ppl that might want in..

What would the Clan colors be...
What sort of ranking system would be used to rate the clan players...
Who do you have desiggning everything...
Would there be dues? A good clan has some sort of dues to run things...
Would there be bages? I'D cards? Ect....

Ill add more later...

Humm Interesting.. 

Colors  Humm..   Kinda Partial to Blue ,Black and Red myself LOL I do have a logo design and a little history behind the [.err32] clan name I will share later once we work out all the logistics.   

Badges? humm... maybe later?  maybe do a deal once plasma burn is consolidated under big cliffs consulting.   website?  i just plan on doing a forum.  anymore than that and I think its making things to difficult.  Once you see the Logo Im goofing with you will get the jist of where im going with the site design.

Sounds good Fruy... can't wait... lol...

So for my vote or preference, I say stick with FPS.  My ranking as far as tournament potential and interest:

1. BF 2142 / COD4 - highly tactical and very much team based
2. UT2004 - more room for lone wolf players, not sure on how many tournaments are ongoing, Onslaught is megafun
3. Q3A - very rough for inexperienced players, still a ton of fun but individual skill level requirement is HIGH, CTF and Clan Arena somewhat team based

I would love for anyone who chimes in to place their votes/preferences in order (any genre) and maybe give a little info about why you think the clan should concentrate on that particular game.

I do recommended we just pick one game and go at it.  and then maybe branch off as we go.   or if we get enough members maybe able to have several teams for different games.

Ya I agree with dd1sk BF 2142 or COD4 would be the best to build on...

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 07:06:19 pm »
Anyone know how to get bf2142 to work on Vista?

Im having a heck of a time tring to get it to run on my laptop the graphics are all fubar'd

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: eighty8keyes
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 07:19:43 pm »
I will have to check out BF2142, is it still pretty much available to buy at a local shop? I believe I have seen it someplace.
GT: Eighty8keyes Haloez and anything else I might be playing.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 07:24:22 pm »
I will have to check out BF2142, is it still pretty much available to buy at a local shop? I believe I have seen it someplace.

its cheap  you can buy it from the EA online store for 30 bucks  that include the expansion pack as well.

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 07:55:45 pm »

its cheap  you can buy it from the EA online store for 30 bucks  that include the expansion pack as well.

Sounds good, if that's what we decide on then I'm all game. I like to play anything and am not to attached to anything in particular.

Offline Dameaskinos

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2008, 08:06:54 pm »
Anyone know how to get bf2142 to work on Vista?

Im having a heck of a time tring to get it to run on my laptop the graphics are all fubar'd

That's odd... I have XP Pro, Longhorn, Vista Ultamate and OS X and it works fine on all of them... what kind of error if any is it givin?

You can get it at Wal-mart for like 20 bucks...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 08:21:46 pm by Dameaskinos »

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2008, 08:30:26 pm »

That's odd... I have XP Pro, Longhorn, Vista Ultamate and OS X and it works fine on all of them... what kind of error if any is it givin?

There is no error.  I just cant see the login screen.  The graphics are all messed up looking.  I have a Nvideo 8100m  video card in my laptop.  But It just dont seem to like it for some reason.

Offline Dameaskinos

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2008, 08:36:12 pm »

There is no error.  I just cant see the login screen.  The graphics are all messed up looking.  I have a Nvideo 8100m  video card in my laptop.  But It just dont seem to like it for some reason.

Hmmm that's odd... that card should be more then good for it... what's the res at?

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2008, 09:23:54 pm »

Hmmm that's odd... that card should be more then good for it... what's the res at?

1440x900  its a 15.4 in wide screen.  but yea it should run it..  I think I just got the Versions messed up since I goofed I think..  I installed the 1.51 patch then installed the Northern Strike expansion   should of did it the other way around.

Offline Dameaskinos

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2008, 09:37:55 pm »
1440x900  its a 15.4 in wide screen.  but yea it should run it..  I think I just got the Versions messed up since I goofed I think..  I installed the 1.51 patch then installed the Northern Strike expansion   should of did it the other way around.

Ya that would prob do it... lol... what kind of laptop do you have...

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2008, 09:42:21 pm »

Ya that would prob do it... lol... what kind of laptop do you have...

just a Cheap Compaq.   Has AMD Turion X2,  and 3 gig ram, 160gig hd   nothing fancy   i think the model is a F756NR

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2008, 01:29:40 am »
Dang, trying to get the demo to work for BF2142, I have been all over the place trying to find a fix on Vista and now I am d/ling the complete 1.25 patch so let's hope that works, I really want to play this.

Offline Dameaskinos

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2008, 07:47:20 am »
Dang, trying to get the demo to work for BF2142, I have been all over the place trying to find a fix on Vista and now I am d/ling the complete 1.25 patch so let's hope that works, I really want to play this.

Just go buy the BF2142 Deluxe Edition at walmart for $19.95 its the game and the BF2142 Northern Strike booster... it works fine on Vista...