Author Topic: Something AWESOME IN THE WORKS - make sure your EMAIL IS UP TO DATE!  (Read 1860 times)

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA

Hey guys, how's it goin!

Just wanted to make sure you were clear - when OKgamers.com hears about a tournament at the last second, has a event coming up we think you should know about, or we just have something NEW AND AWESOME like we are about to - we send out an email newsletter about it!

NEVER GOT A NEWSLETTER?
A - if you're registered, you had to provide a email address, which is what we send these newsletters to.  PLEASE - go and make sure your email in your profile settings is a email you ACTUALLY CHECK!  Else, you don't see these awesome updates!

B - we do NOT spam you.  Typically we've been sending out a newsletter once a month or so usually, so trust us, we won't be weighing you down :)

C - You'll WANT to hear about this new feature we are adding to the site, so please make sure your profile is setup right!

HOW DO YOU CHECK AND CHANGE YOUR EMAIL?
Well, click profile in the navigation above.

Right above 'website' is your email you gave us to use.  If that's NOT an email you use, please change it!  If it's a email you use, and you've NOT gotten a email from us before?  Check your spam filter / spam settings - you may have accidently been blocking us!

You can CHANGE your email to a more often used email by clicking "Account Related Settings" in the side navigation to your left.

WHY AM I GETTING EMAILS WHEN PEOPLE RESPOND TO POSTS?
This is a setting.  If you want to no longer get those emails, there's a link IN the email to help you with that.  If you want to review what threads and forums your watching - click "Notifications and Emails" in that side bar, while looking at your profile.

Want to track a subject / get those emails?  There's a link at the bottom of every thread "Notify", and when you reply / post a thread - "Notify me of replies" under additional options.

You can even track forums by clicking on the 'Notify" button from the forum page.

EMAILS?  I NEVER GET EMAILS WHEN PEOPLE RESPOND TO POSTS?
First off - make sure your profile is set to an email you actually check.  If it is, then make sure it's not going to spam.  OTherwise, this is a profile setting issue.  If you want to get those emails, there's a few ways to make sure you do.  When you post, under advanced options, there is a 'notify me of replies' you can click.  Also - when your looking at a thread, if you want to be notified of replies, you can simply click the 'notify' button.

If you want that notify option to always be checked when you reply to threads or start a new post - click "Notifications and Emails" in that side bar, while looking at your profile, and click 'Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic' and you'll be set! 
(Of course you can unclick the notify me of replies option for threads you don't want follow up emails on, they'll just always be checked by default.  Also, you can go into the editor and unselect as described above.)

--

THANK YOU for taking a minute to check your email settings, and assure you are actually getting our emails!  We promise to never bombard you with excessive email, and also do our best to keep you in the know about gaming events around Oklahoma!

And look for that email tomorrow, we'll be excited to share the awesome features!

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!