Author Topic: ALL GAMERS - ALL GAMES - how do we get this across more clearly?  (Read 5463 times)

xX_Raider_Xx

Re: ALL GAMERS - ALL GAMES - how do we get this across more clearly?
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 11:38:11 am »
Yea the way MLG does is only for the FPS's becuz that what they do but OKGamers could use the same system in a different way, Like having the topics that XA posted, and then puting different games in that forum and so one. If you did that it would divide the Forum up nicely and be a little more effective for gamers to find their own type of gamer friends.

I just think that if you break it down really well and not just like Tabletop, FPS, Card games, etc... then it would be way easier to find gamers like yourself. But that my opinion.

Im not saying that your idea wont work cuz it would cuz all it is, is a smaller version of what i would like to see. Im just saying that sme people like tabletop games but not all of them just one, or some people like FPS games but only one game etc...

Overall it will be fun to see how OKGamers expands this year with the new forum ideas and stuff like this happening.

Coolsvilla

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 01:26:02 pm »
The only problem with that is that if you break it down further than that, to the actual games like Local gamers -> FPS -> Halo 3, if your game isn't on the list, there really isn't anywhere for you to post. =/ Then the community won't really grow because people will think that we don't support their game or want to support it. I mean, people play some weird games that aren't mainstream. ;)

xX_Raider_Xx

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2008, 03:09:22 pm »
HAHA yea very true cools. there are some pretty wierd games out there. I just think it needs to be broken down more than it is now. It would help alot.

Offline TH3 R3LIGION

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • No XBL FR
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008, 03:15:06 pm »
Ok maybe i am the only one but i like the general chaos of our board bc it allows people like me to see other events being posted. (like board games and what not).......but to be quite honest if you sectioned it off i would never go look at that board i think you are seperating gamers by doing that and are more likely to get people to focus only on their games rather than OKGamers as a whole
DO NOT SEND ME A FR UNLESS I KNOW YOU PERSONALLY

SEMI-PROS ARE HORRIBAD

Offline Winged_Human

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 09:56:10 pm »

ALSO - BRAINSTORM WITH ME FOR A SEC - different combinations for cats - and also icons for the big categories

Table-Top Games/Miniatures War Games
D&D, Vampire:The Masquerade, Inquisitor, Warhammer 40000, WarMachine, Babylon5: A Call to Arms

CCG (Collector Carg Games)
yu-gi-oh, PokeMon, Magic: the Gathering, Poker

-- Could those not all fall under Table top?  Or are CCG players insulted by that?

Although CCg is played on a tabletop surface it is a completely different type of collecting/playing style.  Now Granted, if we needed to narrow down the categories we could merge these two together, but With the NUMEROUS amount of CCG's out there, it is (in all honesty) best to seperate it.

Live Action Role Playing Games
Dingeons and Dragons, Vampire: the Requium, Werewolf, Legend of the 5 rings

-- Role playing games or pen and paper - or is PnP a bad impression of LARPing / etc?

Unfortunatly LARPers and PnPers are NOT one and the same.  there is a big rift between these two type of gamers.  this rift has unfortunatly caused many a FLAME war on forums and boards (had to clean up two today) so I Honestly would not Group these two categories together at all.

PC Games -
Starcraft, world of Warcraft, EQ, Call of Duty 4, Need for Speed

Console Games -
PS2, X-Box 360, X-box, Wii, PS3, DS, PSP

Arcade Games -
Soul Calibur, Initial D, Time Crisis 3, DDR

-- Usually this is broken up Computer / Console / AC.   I was thinking - digital? Electronic?

What do you mean "digital?" and "Electronic?"  I don't think I am understanding you.  Although now that I look at it, we may want to split off the psp and DS away from the "Console Games" category and give them their own "Hand held" Category.

-----------

Icons - we could do a ball style joystick on a old atari style controller to cover 'digital' - as all 3 can yea.

pen and pad for pen and paper / dnd / larping?  (goes back to the whole larping falling into pnp or not)

A board with several types of cards, a figure, and various peices?

Of course, that's simplifying things down to 3 categories...  And would those cat's play nicely together as well. 
(AC and console don't always get along, what about LARP vs DnD vs?)

Help.

X A

You know I like the idea of adding an Icon, to posts so that when browsing the forums you could only hit the noney you're VERY intrested in.  I like that idea alot, but if we're gonna do categories, we should have one Icon per category.  ALTHOUGH...  if you want to start off with only 3 icons and them move to 5-7 that could work as well, just to see how the site will like it.

Death borne on angels wings.