Author Topic: Monster Hunter Tri  (Read 23629 times)

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Monster Hunter Tri
« on: April 17, 2010, 04:31:28 pm »
Anyone getting this. I am considering getting this game.

Edit: This thread is also going to be our forum for posting friend codes and requesting hunter parties.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 01:32:25 pm by cravix »

The difference between a liberal and a conservative is that the liberal will ask you to vote republican while a conservative gives facts and asks for you to decide

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Tri
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 10:29:11 pm »
yep

Offline mjobrien10

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 12:14:19 pm »
I played this game a ton on ps2 and I have all the psp versions.  Hella-fun franchise but a lot of new players get discouraged.  It takes about 50-75 hours of hunting and gathering to get good enough equipment to fight the really cool monsters and in turn make new gear out of them.  That's my only warning, if you are into instant gratification from a game then this one is not for you.

I pre-ordered this game when it became available.  Picked up my copy today w/ the ps2 style controller.  Gonna hack some beasties when I get home tonight.

Gamestop has a free demo that has 2 missions on it.  If you don't wanna drop 50 bucks on it without knowing if you'll like see if they will give you one of the demo disks.

happy hunting all

Offline mjobrien10

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 09:33:58 am »
K, quick review time.

Played the game for about 4 hours last night.

If you are a fan of the series you will not be dissapointed.  Everything from the old games is there plus bangloads of new content, weapons, areas, armor etc...  If you are new to the game, take some time with it and enjoy.

Graphics are the best I have seen on the wii, they give alot of games on the others systems a run for their money as well.  The monster and background visuals are stunning. 

Controls (classic controler) are very fluid and easy to use.  It takes a bit to get used to how it all works but that's the same with many games.  If you have the psp version you can set the controller to work the same way the psp does.  Even the underwater fighting works surprisingly well.

Gameplay, well, this game is easier than the psp versions which were easier than the ps2 versions.  It makes for a good learning curve if you have never played the game.  I was able to knock out all of the one star quests under time limit without getting ko'd at all.  The item and carving mechanics work really well and so far I have not seen any odd bugs or glitches.

The only issue I have with this game is the text that you have to read.  It is so small, my eyes literally had to strain to read it.  Maybe this can be fixed with some HD cables for my wii.  I'll find out when I buy some.

I would give the game an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 08:09:46 pm »
id say that belongs in the review section but nobody goes there so its all good

so far it seems slow, but its picking up. also feels like its going to have a bit of a grind

also i hate gamestop

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 01:08:31 pm »
I have picked this up and am working on it.

The difference between a liberal and a conservative is that the liberal will ask you to vote republican while a conservative gives facts and asks for you to decide

Offline mjobrien10

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 03:16:15 pm »
I've already knocked out most of the one and 2 star quests so if anyone has questions on em just holler.

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 08:46:43 pm »
just got all alloy and all of it upgraded once, and a ludroth great sword

next time i get time then its time to fight the big jaggi

time time

time

Offline mjobrien10

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 08:16:58 am »
the great jaggi should be a cake walk with that armor and weapon.

at this point I have finished all the 1, 2, & 3 star quests.  I am outfitted in full Barroth armor and am swingin the Vulcanis Great sword.  I also have a Buster sword+.

Here's a spoiler...the Quiropiko armor looks like the village people designed it.

i'm gonna try and put together some monster tendancies pretty soon as well.

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 08:24:03 am »
So when are we going to start up a hunting party.

Oh and i just killed the great jaggi
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 08:59:51 am by cravix »

Offline mjobrien10

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 09:02:38 am »
Well, I actually did get online this past weekend.  For about an hour I tried to join and get people to join my hunting party with no success.  I think the main problem is that I don't have wii speak yet so I was using a keyboard.  Most of the players are using wii speak... 

Back to the point, I can get online for hunting parties in the evenings after 9:00 or so.  If you want to try running some quests together just pm me and we can try to work out a good time.

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 12:25:03 pm »
ive got jaggi/rhenoplos armor and eat great jaggi's for breakfast

cant get online until after schools out though, finals blah blah work etc.

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 05:20:20 pm »
So I am about half way into 2 star quests. I hope tonight after i get off work i can start getting deep into 3 star.

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 07:08:04 pm »
Also what level will i need to start doing quests online with other peeps.

Offline mjobrien10

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 08:47:44 am »
You can get online anytime, no level required.  It helps if you know not to up swing with a greatsword.  it pisses people off when you send em flying across the area.

Last night I killed the Lagiacrus (spelling???) and made a bit of armor outta his hide.  Also opened up the volcano zone in the 5 star quests.