If you’ve read anything about Oklahoma Gamers, you’ve probably caught onto at least one of 2 concepts:
- OKgamers works with any businesses, venues, or gaming communities it can for the mutual benefit of all involved: Gamers get more events, OKgamers gets exposure, and our event partners get the same, and more. A “Win-Win”.
- OKgamers is a 501.c3, but not financially backed; thus we do events with our connections, or event partners to “Get the word out about OKgamers”
Whether by request or simply because OKgamers volunteers want to – both motivations end with what we call Promotional Events. We do them for the promotion if nothing else; pure and simple.
What should you know?
As a Casual Gamer – these often work out to be some of the most fun events during the year; we encourage you to keep an eye out!
As a Hardcore Gamer – these events come with high standards, so much so we’ve made a clear Standards document we have groups sign off on before working with them. What this means – out of state or just down the road, an OKgamers Promotional Event is ran properly; worthy of your attention and attendance.
As a Business or Venue owner – we’ll work with you to host a Promotional Event, yes, literally for free. We make our deicision to do these events with you based on 4 easy calls:
- Do we have 1 month or more out from your required date? If we can’t promote the event, we don’t get the “value” out of it, thus we avoid quick, half-baked events.
- Do we have the time – we make sure your event isn’t double booking an existing Promotional Event, and that we haven’t worked our volunteers 4 straight weekends, etc.
- Can we support the event you’ve requested? Resources, Manpower, etc – note we only work in the Oklahoma area; if you need help outside the state, we’ve got our resources – feel free to contact us.
- After reviewing our Standards document, do we have any major issues?
Don’t need us to “run the show” – just need consultation; a little helping hand in the right direction? We’ll more than happily help where we can – just contact us!
Love our Promotional Events, and want to help us along? Please check out our Partnership page!
OKgamers.com Promotional Event Archive – 2012
- 1/21/12 - Sapulpa TECHCON 2012 - OKg Thread / FB Event
- 2/25/12 - OKgamers 6yr Anniversary at TCC Metro Campus: Gaming Event Info Thread – INFO, READ HERE / Press Release / FB Event
- 6/30/12 - Oklahoma City: HxC Fighters League - OKg Thread / FB Event
- 7/20-22/12 - Tokyo in Tulsa 2012 – TnT Adds $4,000 straight to prizes - TnT Website / FB Event
- 9/24/12 - OKC/Tulsa: Gamestop Midnight Launch – Dead Or Alive 5, FIFA Soccer 13, World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria - Tulsa Thread / OKC Thread / FB Event
- 10/20/12 - Tulsa: Tokyo in Tulsa Halloween Party - OKg Thread / FB Event
- 10/22/12 - OKC/Tulsa: Gamestop Midnight Launch – Playstation All-Stars, Medal of Honor - Tulsa Thread / OKC Thread / FB Event
- 11/5/12 - OKC/Tulsa: Gamestop Midnight Launch – Halo 4 - Tulsa Thread / OKC Thread / FB Event
- 11/12/12 - OKC/Tulsa: Gamestop Midnight Launch – Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Tulsa Thread / OKC Thread / FB Event
- 11/17/12 - OKC – First Annual Charity Video Game Tournament - Thread / FB Event
- Late 2012, Early 2013 - Possible Gaming / Comics Convention – More info TBA
- 2013 Season - Tulsa Shock Game Night - powered by OKgamers.com – More Info TBA
- Your Event? Learn about how Promotional Events work with OKg.