If you’ve read anything about Oklahoma Gamers, you’ve probably caught onto at least one of 2 concepts:
- OKgamers works with area businesses, venues, or gaming communities for the mutual benefit of all involved: Gamers get more events and an opportunity to expand their communities, OKgamers gets exposure for it’s event resource, and event partners get attention. A “Win-Win”.
- OKgamers is a 501.c3, but not financially backed; thus we do these events with our connections, or event partners to “Get the word out about OKgamers” as grassroots marketing for our Event Calendar resource.
Whether by request or simply because OKgamers has an opportunity to, any event organized and staffed by OKgamers.com volunteers is referred to as a Promotional Event.
What should you know?
As a Casual Gamer – these often work out to be some of biggest gaming events during the year; from local game launches to entire gaming conventions, we encourage you to keep an eye out!
As a Hardcore Gamer – these events follow National standards; as a result we’ve made a clear Standards document we have groups sign off on before working with them. What this means – whether you are traveling in from out of state or just down the road, an OKgamers Promotional Event aims to be ran properly; worthy of your attention and attendance.
As a Business or Venue owner – we’ll work with you to host a Promotional Event, yes, literally for free. (Course, we love free stuff for our volunteers!) We make our decision to do these events with you based on 4 easy calls:
- Have you approached us with 1 month or more out from your required date? If we can’t plan and promote the event, we don’t get the “value” out of it; worse it can backfire and hurt the community.
- What else have we scheduled; we need to make sure your event isn’t double booking an existing Promotional Event. We can’t ask our volunteers to work 3 straight weekends, etc.
- Scope: Can we support the event you’ve requested? Will we have the resources, manpower, etc. ( NOTE: We only work in the Oklahoma area; if you need help outside the state, we know people – feel free to contact us. )
- After reviewing our Standards document, do you have any major concerns?
Need to talk to us about a Promotional Event? Please Contact Us to start the process.
Don’t need us to “run the show” – just need consultation; a little helping hand in the right direction? We’ll more than happily help where we can – just contact us!
“Friends of OKgamers“
Thankful for our Promotional Events, and want to help us help the community?
Please check out our Partnership page!
OKgamers.com Promotional Event Archive – 2012
- 1/21/12 - Sapulpa TECHCON 2012 - OKg Thread / FB Event
- 2/25/12 - OKgamers 6yr Anniversary at TCC Metro Campus: Gaming Event Info Thread – INFO, READ HERE / Press Release / FB Event
- 6/30/12 - Oklahoma City: HxC Fighters League - OKg Thread / FB Event
- 7/20-22/12 - Tokyo in Tulsa 2012 – TnT Adds $4,000 straight to prizes - TnT Website / FB Event
- 9/24/12 - OKC/Tulsa: Gamestop Midnight Launch – Dead Or Alive 5, FIFA Soccer 13, World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria - Tulsa Thread / OKC Thread / FB Event
- 10/20/12 - Tulsa: Tokyo in Tulsa Halloween Party - OKg Thread / FB Event
- 10/22/12 - OKC/Tulsa: Gamestop Midnight Launch – Playstation All-Stars, Medal of Honor - Tulsa Thread / OKC Thread / FB Event
- 11/5/12 - OKC/Tulsa: Gamestop Midnight Launch – Halo 4 - Tulsa Thread / OKC Thread / FB Event
- 11/12/12 - OKC/Tulsa: Gamestop Midnight Launch – Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Tulsa Thread / OKC Thread / FB Event
- 11/17/12 - OKC – First Annual Charity Video Game Tournament - Thread / FB Event
- Late 2012, Early 2013 - Possible Gaming / Comics Convention – More info TBA
- 2013 Season - Tulsa Shock Game Night - powered by OKgamers.com – More Info TBA
- Your Event? Learn about how Promotional Events work with OKg.