Hearthstone Tavern Hero Qualifier Ruleset
- Games will be played as a best of 5 series with no bans
- The tournament will run in a double elimination format, requiring players to lose twice to be eliminated from the tournament
- All games will be played using the Conquest ruleset and Standard format
- Disconnections will result as a game loss for the disconnecting player, still keeping them eligible to participate in further games in the best-of-5 match.
- Players will be required to bring at least 3 decks to play out a best of 5 match.
- Each deck used by a player must come from a different class (e.g. having two Mage decks is not allowed).
- To begin playing a round, each player chooses one of their decks to battle the opponent with, with the deck choice hidden from the opponent. Games are then played out with the following rules.
- Any deck that wins a game cannot be played again, and another deck must be chosen to play the next game.
- Any deck that is defeated may be played again in the next game.
- The first player to win with all of their decks wins the round.
- Games played in Standard format are restricted to cards from card sets released in the previous two calendar years, in addition to the Basic and Classic sets.
- The following card sets are currently available in Standard format
- Whispers of the Old Gods
- One Night in Karazhan
- Mean Streets of Gadgetzan
- Journey to Un’Goro