Simplified Ruleset – 2017
- Games will be in Double Elimination format.
- All matches will be played as a best of 3 series
- Any player found using a different team than listed on the team sheet may be disqualified
- All matches are played in the Double Battle format.
- Players choose 4 of their 6 registered Pokémon after team preview.
- Pokemon must have the black clover on their summary screen.
- Players may use Pokémon from the Alola Pokédex, from No. 001–204, No. 206 – 288 and No. 293 – 299, that are caught or hatched in the game or received at an official event or distribution. Only the Alola Form of Pokémon with regional variants can be used.
- Species Clause: No two Pokémon on your team can share the same Alola Pokédex number.
- Item Clause: No two Pokémon on your team can hold the same held item.
- Players may only use items that can be obtained through regular gameplay (including the Pokemon Global Link and related functions of games released by The Pokemon Company and Nintendo) or that have been awarded as part of a distribution or special event.
- No Mega Stones will be allowed
- The following Pokémon are banned (all forms):