What types of stories are we seeking?
- Events: We’re looking for people to cover the who, what, when, why and how of major game tournaments, conventions, LANs and other gatherings. We want to highlight these events to boost attendance and share the results and stories about local gamers’ achievements.
- Community Spotlights: Let’s get to know the people and places putting Oklahoma gaming on the map. We want stories about players, event organizers and more. How did they become the best, who are they and what are they doing now?
- Community History: We want to know about the groups that meet regularly, those who play together on a team or against each other in tournaments. How did they get started? Who are they? How can others join?
If you’re in an Oklahoma gaming community or would just love to attend more events and write about gaming in our great state, we want you!
Guidelines for being an OKgamers writer:
- Articles should be 750 words or fewer, unless otherwise approved
- Provide at least two clean photos with captions (phone photos are OK as long as they’re in focus and well framed, otherwise we may be able to provide a photographer)
- All stories should have the who, what, when, where, why and how as necessary as well as direct quotes with proper attribution
- Provide in-line links back to the community highlighted
- Provide your preferred byline and links to any social media or sites you’d like highlighted
- Word or Google Docs format emailed to OKgamers staff for submission
- OKgamers staff will review and edit articles to maintain consistent style and grammar; we’ll discuss any possible major changes with you before publishing
Sound awesome? Want to help grow the Oklahoma gaming community as a OKgamers.com contributor? Email us at email@example.com. Tell us a bit about yourself and your experience gaming and/or writing. Previous blogging or writing examples are appreciated.
Don’t want to write but know of a community that definitely needs to be featured by us? Fill out our contact form!
New to OKgamers.com?
Check out some of our current news and stories.