Author Topic: Bungie to Announce New Halo Game Soon  (Read 24934 times)

ItsBigGamer2008

Re: Bungie to Announce New Halo Game Soon
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2008, 11:59:09 pm »
I'm from the Tulsa area, but yea I already got on that site and branched off on several different urls, all just restating the fact that you can get volunteer hours in tulsa from OKGamers.com. Can't find anything telling that you can get hours that will be accepted at OSU. So is this all basically stating that OKGamers is now a officially accepted form of volunteer hours for any college?
Oh and by the way im really laid back about everything and based on the fact that I have way too much on my shoulers right now I only take personal attacks more seriously. In other words you and TH3 R3LIGION don't have to worry about me in the drama section, I just like a good argument and when it comes to me being judged I just so happen to be someone that never shapes an opinion of somebody until I meet them in person. Even if I never get to see them in person and do recieve any kind of trash talking or critisicm I still just keep them as an unknown and I guess I just mostly expect this back as a form of respect.  :-\
So yea I was about twelve when I used to go to iGames tournaments but ever sense the store closed I have been shut out of the tournament scene and now that I finally have found a tournament community. Although I think I neither have the time on the specific days to attend tournaments nor do I have the resources to get a team together.  :'( 
Though next year  I am really looking forward to all the stillwater tournaments I see postings for. Going to be a great time at OSU.
But all in all my main point still stands. I bought Halo the week it came out. I played it almost every day over LAN with my friends and did attend tournaments. I grew up and bought Halo 2 the night it came out. I played Halo 2 constantly over XBOX Live and had a few local friendly tournaments. I read the Halo books. I bought Halo 3 the night it came out. Although I don't have the time to be constantly fluent with my Halo 3 nowadays im pretty sure my time spent playing the game only furthers what you stated.
I might not be a pro in the tournament section, but im pretty sure I have logged enough of my life into Halo to humbly consider myself a veteran in the overall Halo community.

Offline Sk8_to_die

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2008, 03:52:08 pm »
WAY TO MANY WALLS OF TEXT IN THIS TOPIC.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2008, 05:13:10 pm »

Butl3r - Anyone that first joins a gaming forum and then suddenly announces they are the best - are going to get flamed.  Please don't blame R3ligion for simply being the first in the Halo community to get to this particular one lol.  Although, he is what you called him :)  lool

Me - I've been the 'old school pro' - of traveling around and winning tournaments, gaining money.  I'm well aware of the cut off in my SC community of 'pro status' - and give pretty clear responses if someone pushes me as well lol.

A) What are you talking about X A? I never said anything to Relgi. All i said was that the post were really long and i didnt even want to try to read all of them.

B) SC community? what do you mean by that. I know it sounds dumb, but I need to know.

A - WOOPS - I meant SnprSlick - he and you both posted while I was responding, so I got the posts confused.

B - Soul Calibur.

--

ItsBig - the answer is in the first 4 paragraphs of the "students" link off the front page -

OKgamers.com partners with 1800Volunteer.org to provide students in the Tulsa and OKC area's a way to help gamers and local businesses, all while getting their community service hours!  That's right - visit 1800Volunteer.org, search for "OKgamers.com" and either Tulsa, or Oklahoma City, and work with OKgamers as we help organize gaming events and tournaments!  You get your hours of serving the community, and we offer more businesss another reason to have more tournaments and events - additional people to help organize and run their gaming!

Currently Supported Colleges:
Tulsa - Tulsa Community College (TCC), OSU-Tulsa
OKC - OU, UCO

From what Volunteer Central has told me - is that OSU-Tulsa works with and acknowledges Volunteer Central / 1800volunteer.org - so you should be good to go by signing up and having your hours tracked through that site.  You can check with a counciler to make sure, but that's what I've been told.  The next event coming up is Oct 5th - and the event is up, but the opportunities haven't been approved yet - should be any day now.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline BUTL3R

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Oh Butler
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2008, 08:58:50 am »

Butl3r - Anyone that first joins a gaming forum and then suddenly announces they are the best - are going to get flamed.  Please don't blame R3ligion for simply being the first in the Halo community to get to this particular one lol.  Although, he is what you called him :)  lool

Me - I've been the 'old school pro' - of traveling around and winning tournaments, gaining money.  I'm well aware of the cut off in my SC community of 'pro status' - and give pretty clear responses if someone pushes me as well lol.

A) What are you talking about X A? I never said anything to Relgi. All i said was that the post were really long and i didnt even want to try to read all of them.

B) SC community? what do you mean by that. I know it sounds dumb, but I need to know.

A - WOOPS - I meant SnprSlick - he and you both posted while I was responding, so I got the posts confused.

B - Soul Calibur

A) ok cool. Making sure.

B) Cool. Wasnt sure if you went that or if you were in a REALLY old clan called SC, before we branched off and formed GgT.