Author Topic: Open Gaming at Panera Bread, MAY 20th!!!  (Read 1901 times)

quentinschilling

Open Gaming at Panera Bread, MAY 20th!!!
« on: May 16, 2009, 11:44:43 pm »

This a chance to be apart of a weekly game night. bring your favorite games and/or play the ones provided. This is the first night of what I hope to be a weekly game night. kids are welcome but please keep it ages 8+ for game comprehension reasons.

They do have a back room that is available for us when the group gets larger, but for now... we will use booths. So that we can continue to use this location, if possible please purchase some food from the establishment.

So far we have 7 people who have commited to coming on meetup.com, all adults.

here's the location;
12417 E 96th St N
Owasso, OK 74055
(918) 272-6331

Meetup time is 5:30pm, panera closes at 9pm

mattiyaho

Re: Open Gaming at Panera Bread, MAY 20th!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 11:35:32 am »
What games will you be playing?

quentinschilling

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 07:40:04 pm »
Well, this group potentially could be new gamers so I'm personally bringing an assortment of gateway games and a few more advanced games. This week I was planning on bringing Cash 'n Guns, The Red Dragon Inn 2, Dominion, Torres, Ticket to Ride, Some poker cards, The Great Dalmuti, and Fluxx.

But these are just what I am bringing. Your more then welcome to bring some games of your own, or play ones brought by someone else.

Any who read this, signing up for a free meetup.com account and joining our group (Get your game on!) would be greatly appreciated. that way at a glance you can see who is coming and indicate you are - yes, no, or maybe coming.

We already have 9 people who have said yes they are coming, and 5 maybes. Following weeks we will have the back meeting room at Panera bread. The back room provides enough room over 6 tables for 24 people. I think with who said they are coming outside of that, taking into account people who have said they are coming seperately from meetup.com and that life will happen to a few... our first group will probably have about a dozen people. enough to have about three different games going on at any one time.

Hope to see you there!

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 04:11:36 pm »
Uh.

If you want to get more recognition of this happening, we can move this thread to the Events forum, you'd just need to have the title re-formatted to fit.

(Events can be one time or repeating, and the T&E forums get way more traffic / exposure.)

You've got a date, a place, and games set - so this ='s an event.

Let us know if you want it moved.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!