Author Topic: Tulsa - OKg:6th Anni - SC5, CoDMW3, UMvC, SSF, GoW3, STARCRAFT 2 & MORE! - 2/25/12  (Read 57379 times)

Offline oneshot2k9

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: oneshot2k9
ok well the tourney was ran right but the fact that it wasn't started timely kinda F888ed everyone making the losers bracket only play one map is $hit in my opinion.. but i comend you on all u do Timmy I'm not knocking the way u do ur tourneys or i wouldn't show up to every one of them and enter... i have a solution to the flash drive issue i have the program and all the things needed to get flash drives foreveryone playing in the next tourney... the problem is i don't have the funds to buy 16 flash drives... make the next tourney mandatory that they bring a flash drive with a copy of there mw3 multiplayer saved files on it and i will make everyone an account and set it up takes no time at all to do.... or they can use default names like player1 or hxc1 that i can make on site... i can make it so that our LAN experience is alot better and the flash drives do work and there is no advantage as far as eating bullets or jumping high or extra perks its all legit... Timmy if you will text me i can def help u out with it i just cant get 16 flash drives on my own u know or i would...  918 812 6105 text me bro we can go into more detail them... thanks again okgamers the staff and the volunteers for putting on a great event...

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
ok well the tourney was ran right but the fact that it wasn't started timely kinda F888ed everyone making the losers bracket only play one map is $hit in my opinion.. but i comend you on all u do Timmy I'm not knocking the way u do ur tourneys or i wouldn't show up to every one of them and enter... i have a solution to the flash drive issue i have the program and all the things needed to get flash drives foreveryone playing in the next tourney... the problem is i don't have the funds to buy 16 flash drives... make the next tourney mandatory that they bring a flash drive with a copy of there mw3 multiplayer saved files on it and i will make everyone an account and set it up takes no time at all to do.... or they can use default names like player1 or hxc1 that i can make on site... i can make it so that our LAN experience is alot better and the flash drives do work and there is no advantage as far as eating bullets or jumping high or extra perks its all legit... Timmy if you will text me i can def help u out with it i just cant get 16 flash drives on my own u know or i would...  918 812 6105 text me bro we can go into more detail them... thanks again okgamers the staff and the volunteers for putting on a great event...

Normally $10 per gamer is single elimination is the standard. Thats why I like to do $20 per gamer.  If the program you have is modded or glitching of any kind we can't use it due to national standards. It would hurt my partnership with 360 Icons, AcXess Gaming, and NGL. What I'm going to do is host another LAN party unlock the accounts to atleast 40 and go from there.. people wont be allowed to create accounts because they didnt bring a flash drive  so they will be stuck with OURS. Thank you oneshot you actually made it to where we could finish the event with your setup. Also wanna thank everyone else that brought setups.

4v4 online next month. 4v4 tournament is in April. Details coming soon.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline oneshot2k9

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: oneshot2k9
the prestige set up that we have on flash drives isn't a glitch its a program made because of the LAN problem it doesn't effect on-line play nor can anyone get banned from xbox live or anywhere else for the use of it.. i got on xboxlive.com and talked to a tech to make sure the program is a non bannable item and he said that unlocking all the items in a private non internet based game offline for the purpose of lanning an event is unbanable and meets no requirement for ban unless it changes copyrights.. witch it does not... im going to try to contact the makes of mw3 and see if they have any info on an update that we may be able to get for the LAN players...

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
the prestige set up that we have on flash drives isn't a glitch its a program made because of the LAN problem it doesn't effect on-line play nor can anyone get banned from xbox live or anywhere else for the use of it.. i got on xboxlive.com and talked to a tech to make sure the program is a non bannable item and he said that unlocking all the items in a private non internet based game offline for the purpose of lanning an event is unbanable and meets no requirement for ban unless it changes copyrights.. witch it does not... im going to try to contact the makes of mw3 and see if they have any info on an update that we may be able to get for the LAN players...

Your flash is not the one i'm talking about. We played on yours. @onezerotwo is his twitter name I believe. I'm talking about the glitched 20th prestige flash drive.
HxC LAN Center

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath

AnimeFreak - it's not about what will happen in REALITY - but how it will be assessed...  If Final Round was 1 day, I'd probably go lol.  People don't assess an event based on their real standings - they are looking at it like they'll naturally go to the top.  If we offer a 2 day event, we'll scare people off I feel; I'm definitely interested in others opinions, but like I've said - if we aren't pulling in as a whole event 500+, I don't see the need yet.

We should use binarybeast.com.... they have the easiest set up and you can do the most with it...... as you will see by this link. i did this in about 3 minutes with no list or anything just thinking of stuff off the top of my head.. so its super simple to use and is easy to handle. http://binarybeast.com/xSC2US1202270/full

OH MY.  That's pretty.  We need to add this to the list to review / test Sammy.

X A

Checking it out now!! Thanks for the suggestion!

Offline SmokeMaxX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
A few of points-
Challonge doesn't require people to register. It's (more or less) an online Tio. I don't like it as much as Tio, but it's an option that's very popular and easy. Tio is great, but it seems to have problems with large brackets (memory overflow error or something? same thing happened to us at ARK IV).

I'd recommend doing pools for bigger tournaments. If you run one tournament, it doesn't make a huge difference, but if you run 5... you can have a person in 5 DIFFERENT pools so they know exactly where to be from 2-3 PM, 3-4 PM, 4-5 PM, etc.

Some advice to get through brackets as fast as possible- skip players that aren't available so you can always just get matches going. A station "waiting" for a player to finish a match is wasting time. Also, get through Loser's Bracket as fast as possible so you can free those players up for the other tournies they are involved in.

Anyway, let me know if you ever need help from Arkansas for anything. You know we always got you guys covered.

Offline StuntMidget

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Familiar Face
  • Formally known as xg0ffx
    • View Profile
    • my myspace :x

Sammy - it was our first SC2 event; while it would have been great to do a SC2 event on a smaller scale first, the biggest issue is not every place has the space and connectivity of a college; so we had to go with it at this event.  We are already more prepared for next time!

For real, and i mean really real, next year NEEDS to be 2 days, NEEDS TO BE, 2 days.  Saturday and got dang Sunday.  Get anything/everything to top 8 or 4 or whatever and than have it the next day. Especially with so many games out, and more coming. And this is just fighting alone.

Until we see 500 to 1000 attendance, I don't really see breaking up the days; it'll scare away more than it will encourage from what I've seen.  Not every gamer, hardcore or not can dedicate a whole weekend, I would think.

X A

500 to 1000? Cmon fighting games didn't have those numbers often if ever 10 years ago and things were more than a day.
Not to mention the only ones that NEED to be there for day 2 are the ones that won and anyone who gave em a ride lol.
I agree with it needing to be 2 days, especially if its a convention.  Allowing games to be spread over 2 days would make things so much easier on everyone, not just the workers of the convention but of the travelers from out of state as well.  If making it 2 days cant be done, we HAVE to have a less constricting time at the venue.  Cutting games that are being played and have a competitive scene would be the wrong answer IMO. 

[Bold]I never quit on x![/Bold]

Offline Cyriacks

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Cyriacks
Sorry Bro I even dislike the way this tourney was done... but the flash drive thing is legit and it solves alot of the lan issues that we have with mw3 if everyone had one or u had one with the software on it then there would be argument on who has what u cant get cause ur not a level 80... i am going to download the program and put it on a flash my self.... and the ban thing ur talking about is a glitch that was patched along time ago and yes a few were banned but that was modding there on-line accounts not making the set up for LAN expandable.... nothing i have found so far on the mp-data flash drive LAN mod effects any of the weapon skills or the ability to do anything special... oh and another thing i like that you run the tourneys.. but u don't need to let these XRG clan rooks try to change the way we have been doing stuff... the rules are not mlg to a T but u do try thanks for all ur hard work..... because tac knifes are legal in mlg the only pistol attachment band is akimbo.. just for future reference.... oh and we gotta set the stuff up and get stuff runing a few hours before the sign ups start

First of all my LAN was ran fine... the only thing was wrong with it was the bickering and complaining. XRG didnt run nothing they gave me suggestions and so did other people gave me suggestions that were fair... period.. I let you guys run on your set ups majority of the time and only made things fair due to Modern Warfare sucks on LAN period. You ran with your Unlocks majority of the tourney right? OK so you dont have right to say I dont like the way this tournament was ran Timmy didnt drop the ball. You should be mad at your peers for not listening to timmy and unlocking stuff themselves. Your community did things wrong.. Ill fix it next time.. but   not one person brought flash drives except normals so we gotta be on a level playing field. OK?

CoD was really unorganized it started late and had nothing but complainers about levels and stuff(which yes ur right its the game developers fault) ill try to bring alot of flashdrives to the next event and just transfer the profiles on to the xbox hard drives. That will make it not only more fair but run faster and smoother.

LMAO Cyriacks it started late because you guys did everything but what I asked, bring console + disc + flash drive or unlocked profiles (not everyone but some). You are stating that it was unorganized? You jump the Tournament Organizer but failed to remember this. I said bring disc bring console.... barely anyone did so I spent time updating xbox 360s swapping connections moving consoles around THATS why it started late. Saturday was a good event, but I cant have you using something modded that will get you banned from xbox live. They are complaining because you guys had every weapon unlocked while people were stuck with unusable classes.  What is faster and smoother? Using mods that are not supposed to be allowed? Look if xbox live wont let you use it I cant.

Tank and dank had them unlocked also i let plenty of people borrow them so it would make it fair. You cant get banned off xbox live for modding splitscreen and or lan. NoTLoC and Oneshot paid to borrow my flashdrives so if u think that it gave an advantage look at them they didnt even place top 3.
GT: Cyriacks

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
@cyriacks Great, but we did not split screen anything. Glitching 20th prestige is not allowed on xbox live or is it? Long story short lets do something that does not require glitching.

Still end of the day Tank & Dank won. End of story. Gundown's team couldve beat them one more time and won.. they didnt they dropped the next set of maps. Its over.

In the future Bring disc, USB drive, and possible console to help the speed of the tournament. Because when you don't be prepared for the event to take longer to start and later to end which I mentioned oh 100 times. Also I noticed people saying it was taking to long. How many times did I tell teams start the match start the match start the match? It helps not warming up and starting the match like I ask. Oh well it was still fun and awesome event.

Someone has my white controller. Poim Jaguar your dad took my HD component cables.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 02:17:51 pm by Timmy Skorcher »
HxC LAN Center

Offline Cyriacks

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Cyriacks
@cyriacks Great, but we did not split screen anything. Glitching 20th prestige is not allowed on xbox live or is it? Long story short lets do something that does not require glitching.

Still end of the day Tank & Dank won. End of story. Gundown's team couldve beat them one more time and won.. they didnt they dropped the next set of maps. Its over.

In the future Bring disc, USB drive, and possible console to help the speed of the tournament. Because when you don't be prepared for the event to take longer to start and later to end which I mentioned oh 100 times. Also I noticed people saying it was taking to long. How many times did I tell teams start the match start the match start the match? It helps not warming up and starting the match like I ask. Oh well it was still fun and awesome event.

Someone has my white controller. Poim Jaguar your dad took my HD component cables.

Again we did it so no one would prestige us. It wasnt a glitch. And we beat Tank and Dank and u said we won. They only beat us when we had 2 classes each and they had all 5 of theres. So when it comes down to it when it was a fair match we won.

EDIT: I also brought a disc
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 03:12:01 pm by Cyriacks »
GT: Cyriacks

Offline SmokeMaxX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Oh and Timmy- let me know when you want to talk about the monitors. At this point in time I have 3 with dead pixels and 1 without. Hit me up and we can negotiate something.

Offline drumist

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
2 - "Challonge or TIO" - I actually am in the process of looking for a browser based solution for all future events.  TIO - crashes, and unless the NVGA will finally respond to my requests for an updated version, we are moving on.   Challonge "could lead to too much cost" based on what our staff member who was tasked months ago to review it...  We are going to revisit it as a solution as well as Zeek / z33k / the SC2 solution.

Dunno who told you this, but Challonge is 100% free and does not require anyone besides the TO(s) to create an account. Challonge gives you the option of listing people's account usernames so that they can receive things like notifications when they have an upcoming match, etc., but these are purely optional. Overall Challonge seems like a great option as long as you have internet access (which is the main reason we haven't used it at G-FLO -- venue doesn't have public internet access).

One downside of Challonge is that you can't label a match as "in progress" so it can get confusing about who already started playing. Also it doesn't allow you to do specialized seeding other than random or manual (i.e., it doesn't support location based seeding).

If you want to stick to offline software, but you are tired of Tio crashing, you might want to try out the software we use which is called ALJ Tournament Maker which can be downloaded from here: http://www.adrianljones.com/software.htm It's very similar to Tio, but has NEVER crashed for me ever. After initially hearing the hype about Tio, I downloaded and installed it and it IMMEDIATELY crashed the very first time I ever ran it after a clean install. That pretty much destroyed any faith I had in that software and would never use it personally for that reason. I know other people seem to like it, but it left a pretty nasty first impression. ALJ Tournament Maker does MOST of the stuff Tio does but not everything, but I find it does everything we need.
The Gentlemen's Fighting League of Oklahoma (G-FLO)

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center

Again we did it so no one would prestige us. It wasnt a glitch. And we beat Tank and Dank and u said we won. They only beat us when we had 2 classes each and they had all 5 of theres. So when it comes down to it when it was a fair match we won.

EDIT: I also brought a disc

I said you won. Here's my exact words "Yea basically you won we dont have time for any more matches to be played" I went to Saif he said.. hurry up finish the match due to their fighters not event not done... So fair is fair they came back beat you on 2 maps. Its over bro.. Lets just all help out with equipment next time and I promise we wont come to this. Am I right?
HxC LAN Center

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
2 - "Challonge or TIO" - I actually am in the process of looking for a browser based solution for all future events.  TIO - crashes, and unless the NVGA will finally respond to my requests for an updated version, we are moving on.   Challonge "could lead to too much cost" based on what our staff member who was tasked months ago to review it...  We are going to revisit it as a solution as well as Zeek / z33k / the SC2 solution.

Overall Challonge seems like a great option as long as you have internet access (which is the main reason we haven't used it at G-FLO -- venue doesn't have public internet access).

Bro you have a android bounce the internet off your 4g phone.... its free. Ill show you at next months event if you guys host it.
HxC LAN Center

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath

Overall Challonge seems like a great option as long as you have internet access (which is the main reason we haven't used it at G-FLO -- venue doesn't have public internet access).

Bro you have a android bounce the internet off your 4g phone.... its free. Ill show you at next months event if you guys host it.

Yep.  No matter where if you have an android phone you got internet ...  Just need to be shown how to use the tether for free.. Super easy.

But it does look like Im really leaning towards http://binarybeast.com/   But I will revisit Challonge ...  But last time I tested them out they where really lacking in alot of areas.