Author Topic: Tulsa - TnT / Supercon / OK's LARGEST Gameroom: Fighters / Misc. - 7/15-7/17  (Read 21193 times)

Offline LuSypher

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: rehpySuL
Interested in the mk9 tourney but judging by the local scene I highly doubt there will be even a turnout. Maybe more than 3 people will show up, maybe a few of the people there for the convention will pay in to see what the game is about? Oh well, one can only hope.

Please stop doing that.. you guys are killing yourself... stop posting the scene is dying you are scaring off the hardcore mk9 gamers.

Church!!!   Skorcher is right. The only poeple holding back gaming in OK, are the same poeple that talk about , " O i bet it won't..." or "They suck cause..."  If you really wanna play [insert your game here]  on a competitive level, your gonna have to go to any tourny you can find no matter the size.   Support
                                                                                @LuSypher82

Offline rev

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
If there is no scene, there is no scene.  Posting on all the major mk sites, ok gamers, attending all the local area tournaments and hitting up a couple of other gamer nights in the search for more local area players has netted 1 person.  The verdict from other fighters is that its too simple and not challenging so they have no interest in playing it.  I stopped the game night because it turned into just my roommate and myself with sometimes trillz showing up.  I no longer have time or patience trying to nurture the tulsa area.  If more people appear due to tnt, then props. 

The only thing killing a scene are people not interested in a game.  The game is virtually dead on the west coast, with recent attendances topping out at 5 at the most recent California tournaments.  There was only a small glimmer of hope at the beginning due to the street fighter people waiting on ae to come out.  Now that it came out, many mk scenes have started to shrink. 

Offline TheTrillz

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: TheTrillz
  • XBL ID: TheTrillz
Rev is right, I got hype for MK9 and there is little to no one in the Tulsa area. I remember going to the first tourney announced on here for MK9, I do believe it was GxC around 31st and Sheridan and guess who all showed up? Rev, Bi, and me, now I know to the outside eye like it's not bad but to look at the thread posted on here you'd think there would have been a decent group. The sad thing about the local community is that Rev hosted these MK nights and little to no one showed up, I mean my god I went when I could and there was 1 time in which I played against someone consistently that wasn't Rev. I mean really this MK night was advertised on here and TYM (the primary MK forum) and got no one from the local area.

Now to the core issue, I think there are people that play MK consistently within the Tulsa area but the thing about that is they play it only online. Heck, I know 3 people within the Tulsa/Broken Arrow area that won't even touch the game offline but are the biggest competitors whenever it comes down to online. The sad thing one of my good buds from high school loves MK but shares the same mentality of the others saying, why get off my rear and play the game the way it's meant to be played whenever I can just boot up my system and play some random in a lagfest? In reality I can see where these guys are coming from but to not even try leaves me pessimistic.

Anyways, enough with the gloom and doom of the Tulsa area. Looks like day already past and I was unable to attend the TnT. Was there a good turnout for MK9? I saw earlier in the thread that the Norman guys were going to make an appearance.

Offline RayBoneKilla

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: Raybonekilla
  • XBL ID: Other: Hailtothethief
Close to 20 players were in TnT's MK9 tourney.

1. Gamerblake90 (OKC)
2. MKSaibot (Edmond)
3. Raybonekila (Norman)

The scene isn't as bad as it seems. You just gotta keep looking!! Game night was awesome Rev. I just think that you should have just given it a little more time. I am just as eager as you to get something going. I don't usually drive to Tulsa as I personally hate the place, But I love finding good competition. Especially in Tekken. That tournament kinda sparked hope in me that people play the game, enjoy it, and are getting much better. Just practice while you wait. This franchise has a long history. They exist. Somewhere in the shadows. Just give them a little time to show themselves.
"Revenge is a dish best served electric"

Offline rev

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Grats to those who placed. 

Ray:  I've given since release, Tulsa just doesn't have much in the way of interest.  There definitely wasn't a lack of try or advertising.  Trillz is right when he says people would rather play online.  I did find another guy who was pretty decent online but had no interest in offline play.  Unfortunately for myself, I cannot play online no matter how much time I put into it.  My tv has a default 2.5-3 frame lag (~40 ms lag), maybe more.  Which isn't that big of a deal offline, just end up missing a few low blocks from time to time or the occasional throw break.  That coupled with the 5-6 or more frames (usually more) of lag I get from playing online makes it virtually impossible to play since NOTHING can be done reactionary.  Cannot block, interrupt, or punish on reaction.  Always end up eating unnecessary damage.  Not to mention all the missed inputs and dropped combos.  If I were to try and adapt to that, it would only create bad offline habits.  That being said, my only real option is to practice by myself, but that only helps so much.  If this tournament stirs up more interest, I may look into doing something again, but until then I'm done because online is a beast that I do not wish to deal with, and I do not enjoy playing by myself.

Offline bassem6

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
Where can I find the bracket for super smash bros brawl 1v1?

Offline TheTrillz

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: TheTrillz
  • XBL ID: TheTrillz
I may look into doing something again, but until then I'm done because online is a beast that I do not wish to deal with, and I do not enjoy playing by myself.

Hey, you can always play my Sektor.  8) haha

Offline ThirdMarioBro

• OKgamers T.O.
  • Familiar Face
    • View Profile
    • GamesAreEvil
  • SEN ID: ThirdMarioBro
  • XBL ID: ThirdMarioBro
Close to 20 players were in TnT's MK9 tourney.

1. Gamerblake90 (OKC)
2. MKSaibot (Edmond)
3. Raybonekila (Norman)

The scene isn't as bad as it seems. You just gotta keep looking!! Game night was awesome Rev.

See folks! That's what we're talking about. :) Let's build this scene. MK is far from dead. The competition this weekend was fierce.

Offline rev

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Do you actually play?  Do you live in Tulsa?  If yes to both, where were you when we announced MK get togethers every week for the past 3 months? =P

Offline Chozo

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
Where can I find the bracket for super smash bros brawl 1v1?

I've never seen a Brawl bracket posted here before.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
We will post the brackets this week. With the new tournament software we used we are able to now post the brackets. If we didn't get the files from the nvga guy then we will email him and get a old of it. I have the brackets for street fighter and halo 2v2 sunday

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Offline The Captain

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
finding people has always been pretty hard around here. its just no one really knows that this kind of stuff goes on. in fact i've been playing with one game from tulsa for the past 3 years and we didnt find out till some one posted on tekkenzaibatsu.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
Here is the Bracket for SSFIV AE

Offline RayBoneKilla

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: Raybonekilla
  • XBL ID: Other: Hailtothethief
had fun. Bracket was run by morons though.
"Revenge is a dish best served electric"

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
had fun. Bracket was run by morons though.

For Which game Else your gonna have a few people take offence to that.   I Ran the Street Fighter.  Monsterman Ran The other fighter and then the MVC3 was ran by Colorado Folks who came with the Equipment.   I Hope you are just referring to the MvC3 else we will need to have more clarification.

I think the Street Fighter was Ran Smoothly.  And the Arkansas Folks where great they popped in and helped me seed Regionally. Thanks to SmokeMaxx for the help there!

But if you have issues please let us know.  We are currently generating a list of issues we want to address for next time if we bring in a company to supply equipment.