Author Topic: Midwest City - HxC Black Ops 2v2 - 8/13/11  (Read 19779 times)

Offline MW Chaos

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
Re: Norman - HxC Black Ops 2v2 or 4v4 & FFA - 8/20/11
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2011, 01:14:26 am »
GIve me a list of the 12 full good oklahoma teams

Mason is totally right on this part... We had 5 or 6 teams at the last local, 1 being the texas team... I don't know completely about the other teams but me, hunter, jared, and phil made a team on tuesday for the tourney saturday... Mason's team was a really late gathering too, Cory's was completely last minute. I mean the scene for Halo in OK just isn't there really... I meet more people on CoD from OK than I do on Halo, I think honestly you will have better luck with the CoD scene here than the H:R, at least until 4 comes out or if the TU for Reach is godly. Which is possible, but highly unlikely in my eyes.
Just my $.02 I may be wrong, but after all I am just a coach ;)

Yea your right from what you see but what you guys dont realize is the amount of people I have recruited... notice that word I just keep using. I I have loads and loads of halo gamers.. now its just  getting them to come out of their ♥♥♥♥♥ shell.. call of duty people too.. You guys need to do a skype meeting with me one day so I can show you all the data I have retrieved over past 6 months.. Ive hit midnight launches spoke to people.. they talk crap about how good their team is then they dont show.. our site go look at it 200 members our gamertags 60 plus different gamers on each one and last but not least our database and my hxc phone line.. 300 so Its hard cuz its just me and out of towners helping me promote shooters.

Now the problem I'm starting to think is people think they are going to get rich from locals. Gamers wanting me to front 1k I had a $1,800 dollar sponsor not enough teams showed for me to be able to have that companies confidence in keeping the money. So Black Ops it is and if this doesnt work.. we will be doing gears and fighters till a better solution is figured out.

Right but how do you want us to get them out of their shell? It's not that easy cuz some people talk big stuff then they don't show up at tournaments and/or they're just blowin smoke. haha.

and the part about you just doin cod and gears and fighters, that's what I was saying you should do... Those titles have brought the biggest crowds so far and keep going with that cuz that's where you're gettin hits.. Keep doin what you're doin Timmy, I have faith in you :)

Offline Yur DownFaLL

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2011, 02:59:56 am »
Choas the part you said about Cod and gears bringing the biggesr crowd is a joke. At the last local for cod only TWO teams showed up and for as far as i know there hasn't been a gears tournament in awhile. Look at MLG for example, only about 60 teams show up for the cod tournament and gears got kicked of the circuit for not having enough people. Fighter games do though bring a large crowd.
GT: JoRiZzle

Offline 2AMPd

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: AMP zyx
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2011, 06:31:46 am »
Choas the part you said about Cod and gears bringing the biggesr crowd is a joke. At the last local for cod only TWO teams showed up and for as far as i know there hasn't been a gears tournament in awhile. Look at MLG for example, only about 60 teams show up for the cod tournament and gears got kicked of the circuit for not having enough people. Fighter games do though bring a large crowd.
The last cod tournament had 2 teams because it was in Tulsa and was very poorly advertised.  MLG has trouble bringing in COD teams because they are using PS3, if they switched to Xbox that number would easily triple.

www.twitter.com.com/OK_Updates

I'mma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony

Offline Chaotic

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: iichaotic-
  • XBL ID: Echology
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2011, 11:45:47 pm »
im saying keep it 4v4 thats the best way but its gonna be shitty if no1 shows....and thank u for the 20 dollar entry fee instead of a huge venue fee tnt was rough for pulling that ♥♥♥♥...

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2011, 10:00:33 am »
We might be making changes to this. I'm also still leaning to 2v2 purely because people dont have full 4s.. I rather have 16 teams of 2s the 4 teams of 4. Because when 2 guys dont have a team they run away. Also might be changing location and date.

Midwest City, Oklahoma 8/13/2011

More then likely 2v2.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline blessed murder

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: MurdeR IMI
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2011, 05:19:02 pm »
I thought there was like 8 4v4 teams at tnt that's plenty there

Offline Chaotic

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2011, 05:34:59 pm »
I only saw like 2 teams but i heard they were told to leave or something cause there wasnt enough time idk....

Offline icecreamman11

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Miizerk
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2011, 07:58:46 pm »
GOW3 gonna take over the scene!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Miizerk

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2011, 08:49:17 pm »
We might be making changes to this. I'm also still leaning to 2v2 purely because people dont have full 4s.. I rather have 16 teams of 2s the 4 teams of 4. Because when 2 guys dont have a team they run away. Also might be changing location and date.

Midwest City, Oklahoma 8/13/2011

More then likely 2v2.

Yo Timmy...  So is this a separate deal on the 13th?     

Let me know man.. keep my in the loop, Else Im not gonna be able to be there to help ya out.

Also What have you Decided on Black Ops?    Need to make a decision Soon on this.   I say Halo...  Because i dont know about Black Ops..  Everyone Who I know who plays and are good play it on the PS3,  Including myself.  This is just my "PERSONAL" opinion.. everyone's is different.. But i feel the Graphics and smoother, Transitions are smoother.. and not to mention im old, and the controller is alot lighter and better feel in my hands.  Most the Folks I know who play on the PS3 are of the Older Generation.. 30+  And I think are pretty darn good and they wont admit it.. but anyways yea..      Need to get this decided on soon man..    Cant be having a Wishy Washy sounding tournament..  It confuses people and then you end up with some mad gamers when they show up and its not what they expected.

Get with me sometime and we can hammer this down.

Offline xXElmo

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2011, 08:58:48 pm »
I thought there was like 8 4v4 teams at tnt that's plenty there
8 teams showed up for Reach, Jorsky's team was there and me and his brother made a team at the tournament and that was it.
Elmooo

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2011, 08:01:21 am »
Well this will not be a wishy washy thing.. I'm confirming 1k of cash out of my pocket to secure teams. I will make this decision tonight. There are more black ops teams on 360 then ps3 I honestly just havent had the time to call everyone that I have. So thats why I wanna do this in the city 2v2's and get everyone to know each other.

We will see.....
HxC LAN Center

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2011, 03:17:04 pm »
So after thinking and planning I know people want 4v4s but Im worried about teams so this will be 2v2 on BOTH systems.

I have 16 monitors. 10 xbox 360s. 2 black ops. Meaning I need people to bring 6 xbox 360s and 8 ps3's EVERYONE needs to bring black ops disc.
HxC LAN Center

Offline Chaotic

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2011, 05:40:31 pm »
im down to bring a disc.. lol maybe an xbox idk

Offline blessed murder

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: MurdeR IMI
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2011, 06:13:42 pm »
I can bring 2 disk possibly 3 for xbox

Offline xXElmo

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2011, 07:23:28 pm »
So after thinking and planning I know people want 4v4s but Im worried about teams so this will be 2v2 on BOTH systems.

I have 16 monitors. 10 xbox 360s. 2 black ops. Meaning I need people to bring 6 xbox 360s and 8 ps3's EVERYONE needs to bring black ops disc.
You aren't going to do Reach?
Elmooo