Author Topic: Tulsa - Halo 3/COD/MvC3 @ Wholesale Computer Supply - 9/3/11  (Read 10612 times)

Offline Cody_Phillips

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: Braumski
  • XBL ID: Braumski
Re: Tulsa - Halo 3/COD/MvC3 @ Wholesale Computer Supply 9/3/11
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 08:50:12 am »
Lol 1v1s are boring and they just consume more time when it comes to FFA tournies. 8 people is faster/more fair

Offline Mobile Game Trucks

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
    • Mobile Game Trucks LLC
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 09:38:17 am »
WCS Tourny,

I sent you a PM in reference to this tourny.
Mobile Game Trucks is the latest in video game events.  The 28 foot mobile video game theater houses everything you need to enjoy the ultimate video game experience!

Visit us at www.mobilegametrucks.com

Now serving the Metro Tulsa area.

Book now to ensure your event date!

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 10:47:42 am »

@Skorcher, We'll be using VGA monitors from store inventory, i haven't selected a model yet, it's going to be whichever i have 4/8 of the same model/type (it wouldn't be fair for station 1 & 2 to have 22" monitors, while station 3 has a 17" and station 4 has a 19")

Right.. more concerned what brand on tvs? Also honestly instead of having every hours on the hour tournaments pool play cuz this is whats going to happened. One of the brackets will be stronger then another bracket people are going to feel cheated because one bracket will end up with noobs while another bracket will end up against Elmo/oklahomies team. What you are doing is actually cool though. Multiple brackets but there is no fair way of managing it without knowing teams.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline WCS_Tourny

• Business Owner
  • learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 11:39:25 am »
@Skorcher , the plan is to ask anyone who wins a tournament to sit out the next one (or play something else) assuming there are enough players to hold next tournament without them. 

I'm aware that in the past that tournaments have had trouble with the same person/team winning every single time. I realize what a killjoy that can be (for everyone but the winner) . While i think such skill deserves to be displayed and rewarded, other people need a shot at the gold too. Assuming i have a large enough player pool to draw from, we're going to try and make sure that doesn't happen here.

in re: monitors   we're heavily stocked on Dell and IBM screens, but it really will come down to what i have on hand come tournament day. I'm aware that everyone wants Asus or Viewsonic screens, but i'm limited to what i have to work with.

@Mobile Game Trucks  - i've passed your email to my boss, and am awaiting his decision

@ Cody - bring you + 7 players and i'll run a round how you want it

Keep in mind this is our first tournament in what i hope will be a reoccurring and expanding event. We're figuring this out as we go along. I have to be able to balance the desires of the players with the resources of the store. Since we are running this for marketing/profit purposes I don't expect any other retail venue to hand me their play book on how to hold a tournament, and in truth, they are not us, what may or may not work for them, may or may not work for us.

This time out we're doing 20 consoles, but we are aiming at 50 for sci-fi horror fest , and have capacity of 60 consoles when we add in the desktop sales floor. More consoles = more variety = more fun

Offline Cyriacks

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Cyriacks
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2011, 12:16:27 pm »
@WCS cool i cant wait to go to bad i dont play ps3 and will have to get used to a controller
GT: Cyriacks

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2011, 01:33:29 pm »
@Skorcher , the plan is to ask anyone who wins a tournament to sit out the next one (or play something else) assuming there are enough players to hold next tournament without them. 

I'm aware that in the past that tournaments have had trouble with the same person/team winning every single time. I realize what a killjoy that can be (for everyone but the winner) . While i think such skill deserves to be displayed and rewarded, other people need a shot at the gold too. Assuming i have a large enough player pool to draw from, we're going to try and make sure that doesn't happen here.

in re: monitors   we're heavily stocked on Dell and IBM screens, but it really will come down to what i have on hand come tournament day. I'm aware that everyone wants Asus or Viewsonic screens, but i'm limited to what i have to work with.

Ok.. so yea that sounds like a round robin for the most part. Well it sounds like a cool event. I might be able to help with monitors. I got 8 asus monitors and 8 viewsonics LAN cables switches so if you want some help let me know.
HxC LAN Center

Offline Mobile Game Trucks

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
    • Mobile Game Trucks LLC
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2011, 02:19:09 pm »
WCS tourny,

Thanks, in case i didn't mention it, I would be doing this one free of charge!

Mobile Game Trucks is the latest in video game events.  The 28 foot mobile video game theater houses everything you need to enjoy the ultimate video game experience!

Visit us at www.mobilegametrucks.com

Now serving the Metro Tulsa area.

Book now to ensure your event date!

Offline icecreamman11

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Miizerk
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2011, 02:43:55 pm »

Ok.. so yea that sounds like a round robin for the most part. Well it sounds like a cool event. I might be able to help with monitors. I got 8 asus monitors and 8 viewsonics LAN cables switches so if you want some help let me know.

timmy skorcher, always helping out the community and lending a hand. what a pal
Miizerk

Offline WCS_Tourny

• Business Owner
  • learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2011, 11:17:00 pm »
Timmy,

If you can get those monitors into my hands before 2PM on the 3rd, i'll be glad to use them.
Because we are setting this up to run in a retail store (while not disrupting normal business) i'm giving myself plenty of lead time to do setup. My goal is to have everything in place before 5Pm, so the only detail left between 5 and 5:30 is dropping chairs and placing the registration table

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2011, 01:20:07 am »
Timmy,

If you can get those monitors into my hands before 2PM on the 3rd, i'll be glad to use them.
Because we are setting this up to run in a retail store (while not disrupting normal business) i'm giving myself plenty of lead time to do setup. My goal is to have everything in place before 5Pm, so the only detail left between 5 and 5:30 is dropping chairs and placing the registration table

Is this on a saturday??? I know Im lazy dont feel like hunting down a calendar
HxC LAN Center

Offline WCS_Tourny

• Business Owner
  • learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2011, 08:01:30 am »
Yep, Saturday Sept 3rd.

Offline WCS_Tourny

• Business Owner
  • learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2011, 07:26:02 pm »
Larry brought a Mobile Game Truck by the shop today, that thing was awesome! 4 XBOX360's with big screens in air conditioned comfort! Welcome to the party, mobilegametrucks.com!

This adds 4 more console spots to the tournament!  Oh what shall we run on them ?

Offline xXElmo

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2011, 04:03:31 pm »
Let's say Timmy Skorcher wins the halo tournament and the next one only has 3 teams, he can play in it again?
Elmooo

Offline WCS_Tourny

• Business Owner
  • learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2011, 10:04:34 am »
Let's say Timmy Skorcher wins the halo tournament and the next one only has 3 teams, he can play in it again?

Yes, if the winner of the last round is needed to fill out a new round, he's welcome to join. 

By the same token, if there's enough to run a round without him, then he'd be asked to sit out this round, or play something else.   If Timmy wins the halo round in the 6pm-7pm slot, he is always welcome to try his skills in the MvC3, or COD tournament in the 7pm-8pm slot.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2011, 01:45:48 pm »

Yes, if the winner of the last round is needed to fill out a new round, he's welcome to join. 

By the same token, if there's enough to run a round without him, then he'd be asked to sit out this round, or play something else.   If Timmy wins the halo round in the 6pm-7pm slot, he is always welcome to try his skills in the MvC3, or COD tournament in the 7pm-8pm slot.

Elmo You going? I'm going to go win Halo 3 and MvC3
HxC LAN Center