Author Topic: Bungie to Announce New Halo Game Soon  (Read 24936 times)

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: eighty8keyes
Re: Bungie to Announce New Halo Game Soon
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2008, 10:28:01 pm »
If you want to make a full fledged article tomorrow after the info has been released you are welcome to do so in a new thread to reduce confusion.
GT: Eighty8keyes Haloez and anything else I might be playing.

Offline SPRTN SnprSlick

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • SPRTNGaming
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2008, 10:34:46 pm »
If you want to make a full fledged article tomorrow after the info has been released you are welcome to do so in a new thread to reduce confusion.

Will do.

Offline LawlTack

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • I liek vidya gaemz
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2008, 10:41:52 am »
Okay so I watched it and... I didn't get it lol what was it supposed to be?

Offline DrViper

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Check Please
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2008, 01:05:19 pm »
Okay so I watched it and... I didn't get it lol what was it supposed to be?

Helljumpers...

ItsBigGamer2008

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2008, 01:42:09 pm »
First of all I just turned eighteen yesterday so im technically an adult.  :) Second of all I was unaware by how official X A seems just by scanning these forums that such stomping and arrogant flaming was allowed on a family oriented forum? Oh and third of all before you start blurting out more ignorant disses my way, I am getting married June 16, therefore I am not going to even bother with this 2nd grade "im cooler with girls than you are" crap.

It's only an opinion and you didn't even look at the facts. Oh and by the way guess what? Don't mean to upset you but it turns out people have to make money and although I really detest the fact that Halo has turned into a casual gamer atmosphere, it just so happens that there are a lot more casual gamers than proffesional gamers out there. ( I know it's shocking  :o ) Well most of all I could bother to argue with all the points that your replies have made, BUT it turns out there haven't been any points... I came here to see a good intellectual argument and I seriously got
take a deep look at yourself and ask Do i play halo more then i get "play " with girls? some of you are too young to know what getting "play" is but either way if halo has prevented the opposite sex from being attracted to you;(YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) then maybe it isnt in your best interest.
(Oh and by the way my feance loves to watch me play video games.. maybe you should just get over your ignorance..)

All in all, I do not really see myself replying to your insults. Sorry maybe I just joined this forum and haven't had enough time in the past to go play at tournaments THAT I DID NOT EVEN KNOW ABOUT, but once again I apologize for just joining this forum. Your right maybe I shouldn't express the fact that I was born on this earth just like you all, presented with a flyer to join the friendly community of Oklahoma gamers, and I guess I was stupid enough to, in a non-assaulting way, give you my opinion. I feel horrible now. I guess besides the fact I have already been accepted into OSU through an honors program to get my doctorine in three different degrees, I am obviously getting married in less than a year, and I have respectfuly worked for my own money for years in order to pay for the cost of living, your right I have no life and should prevent 'posting some half brained nonsense'.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2008, 02:50:29 pm »
First of all I just turned eighteen yesterday so im technically an adult.  :) Second of all I was unaware by how official X A seems just by scanning these forums that such stomping and arrogant flaming was allowed on a family oriented forum? Oh and third of all before you start blurting out more ignorant disses my way, I am getting married June 16, therefore I am not going to even bother with this 2nd grade "im cooler with girls than you are" crap.

WHAT DID I DO?!

I like Halo 2 and 3, doesn't that give me a pass here?!@

When it comes to modding - there are MODS for that.  If you don't feel something is being paid attention to - PLEASE use the channels setup to take care of that.  PM a mod, use the alert adminstration link, etc.

As for this thread - several new members are seemingly causing problems no matter what - the site is open to everyone, and if they keep to an e for everyone language - what can we do? If we are missing guidelines in our Code of Conduct - please post suggestions on what to add so we can review that next meeting and add them.

So - if we aren't doing something right, let us know.  If we need to add something else to follow, let us know.

The problem is - there are REALLY STRONG FEELINGS - wrapped up in self worth, Halo 2 and 3, and online communication.  Let's also be clear - I don't think most of you would be this way to each others faces :) The fact that several will never ever show up to a tournament or gathering of gamers gives them the "freedom" to get away with that.  It's a sad fact of the internet.

As for anything I do - online is the same as off.  R3ligion is much the same lol, fair warning.  He's more invested in Halo talk, and frankly - ALL OF YOU NEED TO SETTLE EGO DISPUTES AT TOURNAMENTS - and not drag things onto forums where it can become unhealthy.

We are all people.  We all have WAY MORE IN COMMON than difference, let's learn to love, and not flame each other -_-

Another note - forums are drama waiting to happen - because people use them.  I know you may thing your good at a game - but forums aren't where to prove that, tournaments are.  If your new and post that your the best or that your 'pro' - your liable to get heckled - because it's the STANDARD of the internet to see that, and deal with it accordingly.  It happened for years on Soul Calibur forums - Oklahoma and Halo or whatever - is just like everywhere else - fair warning in your internet travels :)

And are you saying all I do is scan and stomp? lol.  Moderators have the tough job on the forums.  I'm not as active on the forums - because I meet with business owners, setup events, get volunteering coordinated, actively advertise for OKgamers in person, online, etc.  I'm sorry if you feel I didn't step in and mod something, etc - but really we are a staff of volunteers - and the mods that are in place have my trust on these matters.  R3ligion might get a bit uptight on issues and let off some steam - but usually within guidelines.  And to be frank?  Mods and Staff Leads have pulled through and done WAY MORE for this site and it's efforts than any random forum user that I know of - I guess if I give them credit - it's because they help gamers, even when those gamers are mocking or misjudging them.  If we need change?  The staff is an OPEN community - join us and be that change.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

ItsBigGamer2008

« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2008, 03:40:18 pm »
X A I was just making a point and I meant that everything I have seen you do is very clean cut and nicely set up. So completely the opposite from you understood my post as  ;) . I would never insult this forum and the Okgamers community you have created here, but about the stomping and flaming, that was directed not towards constructive critisism. Believe me I can always accept drama and arguements, that was the only point of me reposting  :) . My total overview of this arguement shadows the statement that TH3 R3LIGION made of the only people that can talk about the playability of a game on a community forum. Anything stated would make no difference to me personaly, except for the fact that after reading many of your official statement posts and realizing that R3LIGION is a solid part of this forum it was a little unsettling to see him strike down new members.
AGAIN IF YOU ARE NOT ON THAT LIST YOUR OPINION DOES NOT MATTER IN THIS FORUM AS IT PERTAINS TO THE COMPETITIVE ASPECT OF HALO
See actually just like many others I just found this forum very recently and I was pretty excited. I have been a member for about two weeks and quite frankly the only tournaments I ever attended were from a casual and tournament gaming center that closed down about four or five years ago. So see I seriously had no idea until recently that there even were any kind of events, as an Oklahoman community, held. Im not meaning to criticize at all so don't take my next statement offensively X A, but I just personaly believe it to be a much easier force if members of high stature didn't put any kind of typed or verbal limitations, even if personal, on who's opinion would matter  :-\ .
Actually it has taken the full past two weeks of being a member to completely review all of your official ruling posts for OKGamers and I was soon going to ask you about the aspect of me and my feance gaining volunteer hours for OSU through your community. I know this could be asked in a personal message, but im just adding a little something to jab at the point that I would rather be flamed and stomped by anyone on a forum or in life than to be attemptedly restricted.  ;D
Also, trust me I do greatly realize the fact that I am very new and probably nobody has ever heard of me from Oklahoma, but im just asking for veterans to rather call me a n00b than to try limit my opinion. I even realize that as I am brand new to this community this whole post may have been a waste, but no point in never trying correct?  ;)

Offline SPRTN SnprSlick

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • SPRTNGaming
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2008, 03:42:27 pm »
The New Halo 'Game' Trailer has been released.

It will be a Campaign addon for Halo 3. It will be released on January 6th, 2009.

According to the trailer, you might be taking the standpoint of an ODST 'Helljumper'.

Be sure to check out the trailer on the net or on the XBL marketplace.

ItsBigGamer2008

« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2008, 03:45:56 pm »
That's going to be amazing. I always used to put myself in the viewpoint of a Helljumper when I read the books, well the whole part about landing on earth in a atmosphere singed pod and jumping out with guns blazing at least.

Offline BUTL3R

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Oh Butler
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2008, 05:14:20 pm »
there are WAY to many big long post for me to even read anymore.

Offline SPRTN SnprSlick

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • SPRTNGaming
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2008, 05:49:33 pm »
there are WAY to many big long post for me to even read anymore.

Basicly,

The new guy says, Religion should stopp being an A-Hole.

And that he wasn't insulting XA.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2008, 06:10:41 pm »

Butl3r - Anyone that first joins a gaming forum and then suddenly announces they are the best - are going to get flamed.  Please don't blame R3ligion for simply being the first in the Halo community to get to this particular one lol.  Although, he is what you called him :)  lool

ItsBig - Ahh, contrasting that - gotcha.

As for R3ligion - he's his own man, and has a tendancy to take Halo comments more seriously.  Much like I was the one to go after this braggard from AZ a few months back, he deals with people talking about his game as seriously.  The problem is - it can come across strong.  Is that bad?  Well, from what I know of the online halo community - the majority seem to speak strongly, and even more bashing of someone that might flex their 'emuscles' and worse, throw around the word pro - quickly becoming a 4 letter word anyway -_-;;

And his competitive statement? It stems from long term experience and exposure to that scene.  Everyone can have an opinion, but stating things about competitive video gaming - can cause serious drama -_-;;  And I can understand - people will slip up and talk about Soul Calibur around me - and I just stare in awe of people who speak without really knowing much beyond what they've heard, or worse casually read.  It can be frustrating to KNOW that only a hand few of people really know ANYTHING about what happened at SC2 nationals, etc...  So when I think about competitive anything in OK - especially Halo that is pretty clear cut on who was good, and a small tight nit community like SC, etc?  I can understand the easy to speak on limiting people who don't know much talking.  Is it "PC"?  No.  It's not.  I'd like to hope people won't be scared off the site, but if they are?  Well - once again.  R3ligion, other lead staff and active staff? I might give credit easily to as they have all helped this community - but always listen to issues, and do try and weigh things out. 

And we are all americans - we much rather fight than be silenced :)

OSU - Tulsa or OKC?  If Tulsa, just review that volunteering thread, and look for the current events on 1800volunteer.org - if you have any questions beyond what that thread says, feel free to PM me.  OKC - same thing, only pm'ing r3ligion.

Unless you hit buttons - your going to be fine in this community, like any other.  I can honestly say NO ONE on here really "goes after new users" - we are all pretty welcoming - because that's what the site is about anyway - networking.  However.  The LONGER you spend online - the MORE 'buttons' seem to matter - because people get tired of braggards and on here - the word "pro" is easily abused imo.

R3ligion - knows Halo pros, and has to deal with alot of kids that don't know what the word 'pro' means, so has a pretty strict and automated response :)

Me - I've been the 'old school pro' - of traveling around and winning tournaments, gaining money.  I'm well aware of the cut off in my SC community of 'pro status' - and give pretty clear responses if someone pushes me as well lol.

And as for the old defintion of pro - there are several gamers in the community for their respective game - that can take that title as well.  SSBB, Halo 2, Halo 3, GH3 - all have had enough tournaments to established a "in the know list" of who is the best in their respective communties, however...

Coolsvilla - is the only ACTUAL "pro" I KNOW of on these forums for sure.  She's paid - a salary - to play games competitively.  To my knowledge, no one else in Oklahoma is 'pro' in the current definition that is full time job pro "pro".  PTD magazine may be changing that in the next few months, but until then, I personally don't know of a current Pro beyond her in what I consider "current pro" definition.

I blame XBL - the second you can click "pro" from a dropdown of status options, it's the second the word becomes too familiar, and easily misused.  Meh.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: eighty8keyes
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2008, 08:56:15 pm »

I blame XBL - the second you can click "pro" from a dropdown of status options, it's the second the word becomes too familiar, and easily misused.  Meh.

X A

Lol, we need to get that on a shirt:

"I'm pro, the dropdown on XBL says so."
GT: Eighty8keyes Haloez and anything else I might be playing.

Offline BUTL3R

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Oh Butler
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2008, 10:01:39 pm »

Butl3r - Anyone that first joins a gaming forum and then suddenly announces they are the best - are going to get flamed.  Please don't blame R3ligion for simply being the first in the Halo community to get to this particular one lol.  Although, he is what you called him :)  lool

Me - I've been the 'old school pro' - of traveling around and winning tournaments, gaining money.  I'm well aware of the cut off in my SC community of 'pro status' - and give pretty clear responses if someone pushes me as well lol.

A) What are you talking about X A? I never said anything to Relgi. All i said was that the post were really long and i didnt even want to try to read all of them.

B) SC community? what do you mean by that. I know it sounds dumb, but I need to know.

Offline Sk8_to_die

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2008, 10:45:03 pm »

As for this thread - several new members are seemingly causing problems no matter what - the site is open to everyone, and if they keep to an e for everyone language - what can we do? If we are missing guidelines in our Code of Conduct - please post suggestions on what to add so we can review that next meeting and add them.

So - if we aren't doing something right, let us know.  If we need to add something else to follow, let us know.

The problem is - there are REALLY STRONG FEELINGS - wrapped up in self worth, Halo 2 and 3, and online communication.  Let's also be clear - I don't think most of you would be this way to each others faces :) The fact that several will never ever show up to a tournament or gathering of gamers gives them the "freedom" to get away with that.  It's a sad fact of the internet.

X A

[/quote]

Ya for the hole new members thing, I wasnt exactly "Mr.Cool Kid" With everybody.

Still i'm not prety much lol.

That last part. YEP! xD