Author Topic: Halo players in Tulsa cut their own throat - part 3 - GridCon  (Read 13262 times)

Offline G WaDe

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
EDIT X A here, and this is the 6th post through the end of it, from this events thread -

http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php?topic=1195.0

Perhaps we haven't made it as clear as we needed to on the Code of Conduct thread that "Venue owners HAVE and ARE the final word" - but this will now be re-addressed as a result of these horrible posts.

I want you to read through the horror story, (for me, the 3rd and final chapter of dealing with Halo players at any event I do personally) and read how these players harrass and abuse a local business owner about HIS EVENT.  THAT HE THROWS.  FOR THEM.

It should have ended on the first page, after about the 10th post, it went THREE PAGES.
He said he had legal issues.  It DEFINITELY should have ended there.
But it didn't.  And now we have this as it's tombstone.

X A out -

--

MLG players don't want to change up the rules. the MLG rules are built for making the most fair, balanced, and competitive games. i understand you want to spice it up a little and make things interesting but by doing that you are losing potential entrants in your tournaments. I am not trying to pick a fight or an argument, I'm just saying that you will get a bigger turnout from the halo community if you run MLG rules.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 04:22:39 pm by X_A »

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Tulsa - GridCon - May 17th GridCon Summer Blast
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 07:05:32 pm »
MLG players don't want to change up the rules. the MLG rules are built for making the most fair, balanced, and competitive games. i understand you want to spice it up a little and make things interesting but by doing that you are losing potential entrants in your tournaments. I am not trying to pick a fight or an argument, I'm just saying that you will get a bigger turnout from the halo community if you run MLG rules.

As soon as we are sponsored by MLG then I will host MLG tournaments.  Until then I cannot officially use their rule sets.[

And as far as I know, which I don't know much, he can't use the MLG rules because it's not an MLG sponsored/official tournament. He's not just doing it to spice it up.

Also, I wonder if I could make it to this one. It's far enough away that my mom can get plenty of time off of work...
360 Live Gamertag: SulkiestSun

Someone had already taken makosira and sira... Who the heck uses 'makosira' besides me? o_O

TC Wicked Jester

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 07:12:06 pm »
hey if you have a halo 3 tourney again please make it MLG settings...i'm positive the majority of halo players that will be in attendance will want to play those rules.

Please do MLG makes halo look good and then some.

Offline blindsamurai

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: xgcx casper
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 07:28:49 pm »
i say fu#$ MLG  rules

Zephroth

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 09:15:09 pm »
ITs just as someone previously said.  MLG is MLG GridCon is GridCon.  its not just spicing it up.  I have to be sponsored really and it is in the works but until I can get sponsorship I cant do their exact rules.  besides whats up?  cant you use another weapon other than the BR?  You shouldn't really just stick to one weapon and rely on that to get you through.

Offline Oo HyPn07iC oO

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • Casey.....Its not easy being your daddy........
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 12:21:50 am »
besides whats up?  cant you use another weapon other than the BR?  You shouldn't really just stick to one weapon and rely on that to get you through.

Have you seen g wade play? I assume not since you think he can only use a br.  Why not use mlg settings? Have you played a game of assault rifles on vahalla? It makes the game fair which is why they made the settings in the first place. If you put assault rifles only the the majority of the h3 people arent gonna come after reading this topic. Which will only hurt the h3 community even more since there arent ANY tournaments for them and there like what 20 of us now? I know you may feel that you arent getting paid to use mlg things but its not like youre gonna get sued if you use mlg's settings. Listen to G Wade...seriously.
Im not Sick......IM ILL...

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 12:26:44 am »
Apparently we're not all understanding eachother here. o_O Though I don't know how much of an argument I can put up since I don't really play Halo. (Only gotten like... one or two chances to, and I sucked horribly. Don't have an Xbox or a 360 either, so. xD)
360 Live Gamertag: SulkiestSun

Someone had already taken makosira and sira... Who the heck uses 'makosira' besides me? o_O

Offline TH3 R3LIGION

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • No XBL FR
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 12:27:54 am »
ITs just as someone previously said.  MLG is MLG GridCon is GridCon.  its not just spicing it up.  I have to be sponsored really and it is in the works but until I can get sponsorship I cant do their exact rules.  besides whats up?  cant you use another weapon other than the BR?  You shouldn't really just stick to one weapon and rely on that to get you through.

Actually yes you can use the MLG settings, absolutely no problem there whatsoever. That argument actually does not even make sense. At this point it sorta looks like you are trying to start an argument or are just being difficult.

Run whatever rules you want, its your event your running it so its whatever you say it is. Just remember that when dealing with gaming communities like halo they will almost always want to use the rules set forward by the most reputable and established gaming community, for halo thats MLG.

Anyways, just my two cents, do as you wish as again this is your event, and to everyone else, this is his event he can do as he pleases. If it isnt to your liking just dont go no need to argue.

Thank you,
Th3 R3ligion
DO NOT SEND ME A FR UNLESS I KNOW YOU PERSONALLY

SEMI-PROS ARE HORRIBAD

Offline Oo HyPn07iC oO

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • Casey.....Its not easy being your daddy........
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 12:31:13 am »
ya it is a big misunderstanding....but its his event and maybe he just doesnt WANT alot of people to show up....thats all i can think of. I had maybe 30 kids for my event but was kinda overwhelmed at first. Religion pretty much summed it up. His reasoning is absurd to think MLG is gonna take him to court or something. Lol Whatever. Our h3 community is in a drought right now and this contributes to why.

like religion says

Thank you,
Hypnotic
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 12:38:52 am by Oo HyPn07iC oO »
Im not Sick......IM ILL...

Offline G WaDe

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 02:50:42 am »
Religion said it best, its a dictatorship when it comes to how a tourney is ran. i was not trying to start an argument or anything i was just proposing an idea that would more than likely boost the number of entrants in the halo side of the tourney. you don't have to do MLG rules if you don't want to but if thats the case i will not be in attendance at this event. sorry. just my two cents.

Zephroth

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 12:45:31 pm »
OK so i dont know what all the hostility to my con is coming from.  I'm getting it from all angles.  and yes MLG can take me to court over the issue.  Quite simply put I'm sorry if you don't like the tournament rules however I CANNOT USE MLG rules without their say so.  any other tournament that uses them as such could be sued by mlg.  the likelihood is low but it is still there and I cannot take that risk.  We will be discussing about this whole forum post at the next covenant meeting.

Again I will repeat myself I will host MLG rule set games whenever I am sponsored by MLG.  but I cannot for legality use their rule sets or even use their name without being sponsored by them.

I however will get as close as I can.

I consider the issue closed.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 01:11:51 pm by Zephroth »

Offline TH3 R3LIGION

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • No XBL FR
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 01:14:53 pm »
So you are saying that MLG is going to show up at my house for using their gametypes and maps that they host on the main page of their website so that they are available to the entire community for free without a signed waiver?

You are being ridiculous and blowing this way out of proportion, you want people at your event and yet you flame the people who tell you how to draw the largest crowd for halo? really? And if you wish to discuss it at our next meeting i would be more than happy to do that. But it is you being ridiculous, people make suggestions to improve your event and you flame? Unbelievable

SEMI-PROS ARE HORRIBAD

DarkWraith56

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 01:15:00 pm »
OK before there is more hostility in this area because soon it is going to get out of hand and then a mod will step in and then its just no fun honestly you can use stuff unlike MLG such as BR start at least just dont download there stuff make your own variants of the mlg setups persay because you can use shortened variants and it still be legal.

Offline TH3 R3LIGION

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • No XBL FR
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 01:16:52 pm »
OK before there is more hostility in this area because soon it is going to get out of hand and then a mod will step in and then its just no fun honestly you can use stuff unlike MLG such as BR start at least just dont download there stuff make your own variants of the mlg setups persay because you can use shortened variants and it still be legal.

They make all gametypes and maps available to the public through their own website, no legal issues

Only legal issue would be if you said you used their name as the orginization throwing the tournament

SEMI-PROS ARE HORRIBAD

DarkWraith56

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 01:21:00 pm »
i believe if you threw cash prises into it and they happened to be a jerk they could have the capability of getting crazy