Author Topic: OKC - The Oklahoma Electronic Game Expo (OEGE) - April 11, 2009  (Read 20023 times)

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
Re: OKC - The Oklahoma Electronic Game Expo (OEGE) - April 11, 2009
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2009, 10:20:44 am »

Sweet - so looks like I'm going to this!

Timmy, I've emailed you.  If you need any hardware, etc - let me know.

X A

bring consoles if you can.. Just in case. I've been having alot of consoles die on me. (2 RED RINGS. 2 DISC UNREADABLE) Bring soul calibur 4 and street fighter 4 if you guys can. Just in case! you can bring your own controllers. If you want to play on ps3 bring your own console..
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2009, 11:56:22 pm »
Good Times, its always good seeing everyone at these events.  I dont play in tournaments (because after watching alot of you I found out I Suck on Console Games) But I really enjoy just being around everyone.

It was a great turn out TONS more than everyone expected. Hopefully OEGE will plan for more folks next year so we can have a little more time, and are able to handle more people.

I Know we had to turn alot of people away because we already had more than time could Handle.  Thanks to all those who Donated their Cash to Childs Play. Timmy Or XA Im sure will Post the full Results.  But here is what I Remember off the top of my head.

Soul Calibur
1. X_A (X, Kilik, Amy)
2. Animefreak (Kilik, Hilde, Rock, ?)
3. RaidenWins (Kilik)

Street Fighter 4
1. Steven B
2. Dennis

SSBB
1. Tom (Falco, Snake, ?)
2. Tatsuman (DeDeDe, ? )
3. X_A (Rob)

But thats all I can remember off the top of my head. Good Times!

( X A - Updated ;) PM/post if your characters didn't get listed right )
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 02:39:04 am by X_A »

Offline Twitch73

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2009, 12:29:40 am »
well I had fun setting up that sweet flier House and pyramid combo with Matt made out of fliers at the booth.
"Best Poster in Oklahoma"

Offline Michael Jackson

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • PSN ID: Paxmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2009, 12:46:34 am »
Soul Calibur
1. X_A
2. Animefreak
3. Will? Or Lou? I Forgot now.

That can't be right.  He quit.

Offline HxC_LAN_Center

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • "Hardcore Gaming for Hardcore Gamers" - HxC LAN
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: HxC LAN Center
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2009, 09:41:02 am »
SSBB Winners
1. Tom
2. Tatsuman
3. X_A

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2009, 10:05:38 am »
lol quitting is only a matter of words, the BLOOD calls for him to play.

freaking 360

Lainey

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2009, 01:18:40 pm »
Street Fighter 4 Steven B was 2nd...I dont remember the guys name who was 1st

Offline brotherjoseph

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: brother-joseph
  • XBL ID: captainjoseph
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2009, 03:44:52 pm »
So I was under the impression this would follow normal Okgamers rules and follow EVO standards. Maybe I'm totally misinformed and feeling sorry for myself, but aren't all characters besides Gouken supposed to be legal, as well as the platform be PS3? I can bring a full PS3 setup to any events and my stick is PS3. I'm also a whiney Cammy player who got stuck Kenning it up with everyone else. ^___^

Other than that, I had a blast. The turnout was incredible! I was expecting maybe 10 or 20 entrants, and the pre-reg and 32 cap would have been unnecessary. Almost didn't get a spot! I look forward to any future SF/KoF tournies Okgamers hosts, especially if I can play with the full character roster. ^__-

Congrats on a great event, guys.

Offline Michael Jackson

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • PSN ID: Paxmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2009, 05:33:03 pm »
As of right now the Tournament Standard for SFIV is:

Format:    2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games, Double Elimination, 99 Seconds, No Handicap
Console:    Playstation 3
Rules:    If the players do not agree on a stage within 15 seconds, the match will be random stage select.

This means there are no bans on any characters.

-

Was this not the case at this tourney?

Offline LONEWOLF2021

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2009, 07:00:34 pm »
Hey guys i loved the standard for the game 2/3 round 2/3 gamesw all xbox 360s around the room with banned all unlockable cahrs. I was first is Sf4 Taylor or  CRAZY CLOWN 101 is what i went by rocking it with my E.honda stephen b was second and my boy dennis was third great tourney dont change the rules i loved them. also finals was 3/5 rounds and 3/5 games
THE CLOWN IS IN TOWN.

Offline gosufailure

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2009, 07:41:22 pm »
Hey guys i loved the standard for the game 2/3 round 2/3 gamesw all xbox 360s around the room with banned all unlockable cahrs. I was first is Sf4 Taylor or  CRAZY CLOWN 101 is what i went by rocking it with my E.honda stephen b was second and my boy dennis was third great tourney dont change the rules i loved them. also finals was 3/5 rounds and 3/5 games

I definitely disagree as I was forced into playing Ryu since I couldn't use my main, Akuma. It's not OK Gamers fault because they thought hardware was covered, but it was fairly frustrating to find out I couldn't use my main. I was there helping in the red TF2 shirt with Cody from KFOR.

I'm looking forward to the event in Jenks this coming weekend. I'll try to bring setups for PS3 if possible.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2009, 07:54:55 pm »

I definitely disagree as I was forced into playing Ryu since I couldn't use my main, Akuma. It's not OK Gamers fault because they thought hardware was covered, but it was fairly frustrating to find out I couldn't use my main. I was there helping in the red TF2 shirt with Cody from KFOR. FORCED? Come on now Akuma is almost a BANNED character in the first place just like yoda is BANNED in SC4.... just because he has more intangibles then all the other fighters is why I personally would not allow Akuma. Anyone agree? I mean should the okgamers community allow people to use Seth? Not only that RYU is actually better then Akuma. But I do understand how you feel cuz I love Akuma.
We really need to get a set rule system for sf4
I'm looking forward to the event in Jenks this coming weekend. I'll try to bring setups for PS3 if possible.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline LONEWOLF2021

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2009, 09:28:55 pm »
And ill be there right along with ya with setups for the xbox 360 like the mjaority of all the players that were there that did use the xbox360s and have the. Its pretty simple bigger console bigger turnout last time xbox360 the cap was  pushed back at 64 because majority people there have 360s because it is cheaper (non arguable) than the ps3 easier to travel with (somewhat arugable) but considering i have traveld with both moving the 360 around is alot easier because of the weight and the size of the console. and (non arugable) more people have 360s than ps3s so deciding which one to have is pretty obvious unless someone brings a conveter for about 75% of the people who play with the 360 controllers.
THE CLOWN IS IN TOWN.

Offline Danieru

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2009, 10:46:55 pm »
but aren't all characters besides Gouken supposed to be legal,
Gouken is legal, and will always be unless some ridiculous discovery is made.

Come on now Akuma is almost a BANNED character in the first place just like yoda is BANNED in SC4....
Since when was Akuma almost a banned character?

just because he has more intangibles then all the other fighters is why I personally would not allow Akuma. Anyone agree?
No.

I mean should the okgamers community allow people to use Seth?
Most definitely.

IIRC, the only reason console chars weren't allowed was because many of the 360's didn't have SF4 save files that had them, so they wanted the tournament to be in sync.  This had nothing to do with character abilities themselves.  Lesson learned, I'll bring my memory card with my save file on it next time.

Offline LONEWOLF2021

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2009, 10:56:29 pm »
Yep thas is most definetly true in the final round in the tourney my opponent used akuma and i had no objections to this pick because i do not believe that akuma is really that cheap there is a possible way to beat him. But for most cheapest chars seth akuma and goukena re usually up there for reasons idk i usually hear gouken and seth are always banned and akuma if no one minds. This is what i heard are the cheap things about gouken seth and Akuma. Seths variation of attacks and combo to ultra nad super are pretty good with the also to be god like up close and far away with his wide range of people abilities. I think that seth is pretty ♥♥♥♥♥ gay but with around 800 liife and stun about 5-7 good hitd and hes out. Gouken is supposeably the cheapest char on the game with godlike parrys and several shot fire balls. I see gouken as a normal char only problem id have to say is his counters. Akuma has air fire balls unbeatable ground fireballs that beat all ex version counterparts while his takes none. Amazing ultra if pulled off and one of the best long range in games by far with great close rang combos. I believe that he has pros and cons just like any other char ultra one of the hardest to pull off and lowerd life bar and lowerd stun bar to compensate for his greatness. The pros are recieved by various gamers and website.
THE CLOWN IS IN TOWN.